d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > D2 Legacy Talk
1235Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,129.00
Mar 20 2023 10:09am
Times sure are changing.

I logged into playing real D2, or what is now "legacy D2" and man USWest is basically dead, I couildn't find a single soul to talk to

I like to play hardcore classic ladder sometimes, nobody was in the old chats, Hccl, olo, nobody in the necro crypt either.

I know most people are on East now apparently, but West is my home and I will not change.

I also see now there is no more Classic D2 forum...its all been merged into this section, and people seem to be confused and just post D2R stuff here anyway.

The best days of my life were the 1.09 days.... wow what a time to be playing Diablo and be on the internet, nothing can ever recapture the happiness of that time period, I like to login to D2 in the mornings and just walk around Act 1 like I was a kid again.... it feels nice. I miss having so many people to talk to on there.

What is everyone doing now... are legacy players still playing? Any clans? Where are you all meeting up and talking? What becomes of the broken hearted...
Gold: 21,560.00
Mar 20 2023 10:17am
west has been a ghost town for several years as is asia

east/eu only ones with an ok population but its still not very 'active' esp for niche cores like classic and hardcore

its all about dueling which is on softcore nonladder, but its just trashy hacker/bm spawns in pubs in like 1-2 games like usual
Gold: 194.20
Mar 20 2023 05:34pm
Ya I miss those good old v1.09 days too.
Gold: 361,929.19
Mar 20 2023 07:16pm
Quote (Nec025 @ Mar 20 2023 11:09am)
Times sure are changing.

I logged into playing real D2, or what is now "legacy D2" and man USWest is basically dead, I couildn't find a single soul to talk to

I like to play hardcore classic ladder sometimes, nobody was in the old chats, Hccl, olo, nobody in the necro crypt either.

I know most people are on East now apparently, but West is my home and I will not change.

I also see now there is no more Classic D2 forum...its all been merged into this section, and people seem to be confused and just post D2R stuff here anyway.

The best days of my life were the 1.09 days.... wow what a time to be playing Diablo and be on the internet, nothing can ever recapture the happiness of that time period, I like to login to D2 in the mornings and just walk around Act 1 like I was a kid again.... it feels nice. I miss having so many people to talk to on there.

What is everyone doing now... are legacy players still playing? Any clans? Where are you all meeting up and talking? What becomes of the broken hearted...

Agreed, but still playing east here...till it--or I--go down....lol
Gold: 397.00
Warn: 60%
Mar 20 2023 11:54pm
I agree and it's very sad. Blizzard killed the entire d2 community with d2r. They just wanted a quick cash-in and people were too easily fooled. It's sad.

I've mostly played d2 for fun, not necessarily for the social part, but it is more fun when there are a lot of activity. That does go for the trading part as well. But when there are lots of activity in game, many games up of different types, that brings a social element to it that makes you stay in it longer. Helping people out, getting help, etc. Baalruns or walks. In-game trading did work to some degree when people had a mind about it.

I also had a lot of fun visiting other channels and chatting with people from neighbouring countries.

All blizzard had to do, was to work to reduce botting and adbots. I would have gladly paid 1-2$ a month to get service like that. D2 really has not needed any updates either, new runewords etc... it's fun enough to get that in d2r (i don't play it), but making it too easy is not good.. it's like you don't have to use your brain even to make progress. D2 was balanced enough was it was.

Only thing to hope for now is that the bulk of the fans take to their senses and stop using d2r.
Gold: 0.00
Mar 21 2023 11:05am
I just started playing again after years and years off. Started a few HCL characters and it's been pretty fun. Some bots and a few players. It does seem most are on SCL/NL though. This is Easy btw.

Gold: 10,065.00
Mar 21 2023 01:32pm
Quote (Nec025 @ Mar 20 2023 09:09am)
Times sure are changing.

Well written sir. Made me nostalgic for the days where I was up at 3AM with school the next day as a teenager grinding it out and making trades, getting chewed out by my parents. Good times :banana:

Now I mostly play single player on D2R and dabble online when ladder seasons reset. Hopefully D4 will be worth playing at least a little bit.

Us OGs are still out here!
Gold: 0.00
Mar 24 2023 06:08am
Ith 915s
Occy rings (of death)
Wiz gloves

I put the game down shortly after those days for about 10 years. D2R D3 D4, none of them will come close to touching the good old days.

A lot of that comes from a fallacy of time though. I don't really believe the game is better or worse, it's more the experience you had playing it when you were younger, and less crusty. It was a ground breaking game when D2 launched. D1 was a blast too.

TLDR - you got old and that's why everything sucks now
Gold: 361,929.19
Mar 24 2023 03:27pm
Quote (Weiser @ Mar 24 2023 07:08am)
Ith 915s
Occy rings (of death)
Wiz gloves

I put the game down shortly after those days for about 10 years. D2R D3 D4, none of them will come close to touching the good old days.

A lot of that comes from a fallacy of time though. I don't really believe the game is better or worse, it's more the experience you had playing it when you were younger, and less crusty. It was a ground breaking game when D2 launched. D1 was a blast too.

Boy howdy...
Gold: 1,129.00
Mar 28 2023 12:00pm
Quote (Taurean @ Mar 20 2023 10:54pm)
I agree and it's very sad. Blizzard killed the entire d2 community with d2r. They just wanted a quick cash-in and people were too easily fooled. It's sad.

I am not a fan of D2R, it seems like they made the game easier, I really do not like the graphics at all, I like the gritty old school 90s style of D2.

Quote (HeLioX @ Mar 21 2023 12:32pm)
Well written sir. Made me nostalgic for the days where I was up at 3AM with school the next day as a teenager grinding it out and making trades, getting chewed out by my parents.

Same here, I remember sneaking out to the living room, getting on the Gateway Windows 98 PC, covering the modem so it didn't wake my parents up, logging in, typing /f l to see who was on, then being like "DUUUUUDE WE ARE SO DEAD TOMORROW!" but we played anyway, dueling, chatting, Bloody Foothill runs, testing builds....man what good times, I remember bringing the manual that came with the game to school and we would read it in science and think of builds to make, or little ideas we'd try later.

Quote (Weiser @ Mar 24 2023 05:08am)
Ith 915s
Occy rings (of death)
Wiz gloves

Ith swords and bows, 160/60 ed/ias armor, .08 Vamprie Gaze, Valk Helm, and Arkaine's Valor, Cruel Colossus Blades of Quickness, Raven Spiral rings, Imp Shank Boots, Hex Charms, Wizard Spike Gauntlets...here is a cool trip down memory lane:

https://www.rpgstash.com/blog/bugged-and-hacked-d2-items

D3 was extremely easy and I did not enjoy it, it was also not fun online, I played D4 over the weekend, its also pretty easy, there is no exploration and the map tells you where to go, if you've played D2 I don't know how you can even die in D3 or D4. Graphics look great though in D4 and the music is pretty good, when it goes on sale I'll probably buy it, but I'll always come back to D2 Old School.

And yeah...I am old and grumpy now.
Go Back To Diablo 2 Discussion Topic List
1235Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll