d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > Hardcore Pit Poison Necro Build > D2:R
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2,855.50
Mar 18 2023 09:16am
Hello,

I want to make a poison necro to farm pits in HC but I am still wondering which items or defense layers I should use.

Considering a "budget" version that wouldn't include enigma or dweb for example, I was thinking of smth like this :

Shako (um/shael)
Generic 3 pnb / 2 nec ammy + adds
Vmagi (um)
White on +3 nova base
Trang shield (shael)
Trang gloves
Trang belt
Sandstorm boots
fcr + res ring
any res ring

Rand nec torch + anni
Psn sunder

That's 75% block / 75% fcr / 39% FHR / 20% FBR

Do you think thats sufficient to run around in hell safely ?
I figured trang set would be necessary for poison res reduction before dweb and facets.

Thanks!

Mar 19 2023 09:11am
up
Gold: 19,123.19
Mar 20 2023 04:56am
Quote (Alwyle @ Mar 18 2023 04:16pm)
Hello,

I want to make a poison necro to farm pits in HC but I am still wondering which items or defense layers I should use.

Considering a "budget" version that wouldn't include enigma or dweb for example, I was thinking of smth like this :

Shako (um/shael)
Generic 3 pnb / 2 nec ammy + adds
Vmagi (um)
White on +3 nova base
Trang shield (shael)
Trang gloves
Trang belt
Sandstorm boots
fcr + res ring
any res ring

Rand nec torch + anni
Psn sunder

That's 75% block / 75% fcr / 39% FHR / 20% FBR

Do you think thats sufficient to run around in hell safely ?
I figured trang set would be necessary for poison res reduction before dweb and facets.

Thanks!

You have to come pretty close to monsters with pnova. How are you going to move fast? Block chance while running is 25%, are you going to walk? AMP archers can finish you off in no time.You have 0% PDR. On paper, you might kill stuff fast but without enigma and PDR, your build looks like a slowpoke waiting to die.
If you ask me, doing River and CS is much safer for a no tele poison necro than getting to pits and killing there.

This post was edited by babun1024 on Mar 20 2023 04:58am
Mar 20 2023 07:01am
Quote (babun1024 @ 20 Mar 2023 11:56)
You have to come pretty close to monsters with pnova. How are you going to move fast? Block chance while running is 25%, are you going to walk? AMP archers can finish you off in no time.You have 0% PDR. On paper, you might kill stuff fast but without enigma and PDR, your build looks like a slowpoke waiting to die.
If you ask me, doing River and CS is much safer for a no tele poison necro than getting to pits and killing there.

That's a very good point. I forgot about the run+block interaction...

If you dont mind me asking, how would you gear up without enigma for CS runs for example ? Would it be more reliable to use some DR (SS, dungo) and full vitality ?

Thank you :)
Gold: 19,123.19
Mar 20 2023 07:17am
Quote (Alwyle @ Mar 20 2023 02:01pm)
That's a very good point. I forgot about the run+block interaction...

If you dont mind me asking, how would you gear up without enigma for CS runs for example ? Would it be more reliable to use some DR (SS, dungo) and full vitality ?

Thank you :)

If you're playing p1, bone necro is much stronger, safer and faster at both clearing river+ CS and killing diablo in the end. For poison nec, your gear is good enough except, I'd put a -5% facet in every possible socket. You can get resistances from invenstory but no -% poison resist. Then I'd combine it with Rotten Fissure. That way, you can cast lower resist and never think about immunes anywhere anymore. Cow level would also be one of your primary targets.
Stay away from bramble and the likes.

Bone Necro equivalent at level 80 (arachnid mesh requirement):
https://maxroll.gg/d2/d2planner/690106ka

You cast clay golem and go. No restrictions, nothing. Block isn't needed at all, after bone armor is fully synergized. It's like having 935hp more vs melee. You just recast armor (make it a habbit) whenever you're hit. I don't recommend making an insight iron golem prior to infinity.

This post was edited by babun1024 on Mar 20 2023 07:30am
Mar 21 2023 01:54am
Quote (babun1024 @ 20 Mar 2023 14:17)
If you're playing p1, bone necro is much stronger, safer and faster at both clearing river+ CS and killing diablo in the end. For poison nec, your gear is good enough except, I'd put a -5% facet in every possible socket. You can get resistances from invenstory but no -% poison resist. Then I'd combine it with Rotten Fissure. That way, you can cast lower resist and never think about immunes anywhere anymore. Cow level would also be one of your primary targets.
Stay away from bramble and the likes.

Bone Necro equivalent at level 80 (arachnid mesh requirement):
https://maxroll.gg/d2/d2planner/690106ka

You cast clay golem and go. No restrictions, nothing. Block isn't needed at all, after bone armor is fully synergized. It's like having 935hp more vs melee. You just recast armor (make it a habbit) whenever you're hit. I don't recommend making an insight iron golem prior to infinity.

Shit bone armor looks very solid. I'll give it a try, thank you!
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll