d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Mar A Lago Raided By Fbi
Prev1205206207208209233Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 10%
Sep 5 2022 04:06pm
Quote (Goomshill @ Sep 5 2022 05:01pm)
tfw your illegal fbi raids come back to bite you in the ass in your future illegal fbi raids

https://i.imgur.com/LuiCCeM.png

I was told nothing they did was illegal and Donald Trump is indeed hitler.
Gold: 57.00
Sep 5 2022 04:18pm
Quote (Goomshill @ 5 Sep 2022 18:01)
tfw your illegal fbi raids come back to bite you in the ass in your future illegal fbi raids

oh color us shocked. the pure swamp demon admin which fell for escalating bullshit like “wmds in iraq” escalated this raid and then tried to play innocent.

it’s telling the usual suspects in this subforum are cheerleading this high-level no-knock warrant. they LOVE the feds, no matter what they post here
Gold: 12,730.67
Sep 5 2022 05:30pm
Quote (bogie160 @ Sep 5 2022 01:45pm)
What specifically did you think was dumb about his counsel's argument?

I think the worst argument is that the DOJ shouldn't have access to some of the documents because of executive privilege. Executive privilege involves competing branches of government (i.e. balancing Congressional oversight with executive communications). Why would members of the executive branch be forbidden from seeing documents but a member of the judiciary can? It's extraordinarily absurd.

Bill Barr doesn't believe that a special master is warranted because the FBI filter team already did it's job. I think there may have been some merit due to the sensitivity of the case if the request was made within 24 hours. Why didn't his attorneys file an injunction immediately?

I highly recommend the podcast "Advisory Opinions" which is a conservative podcast that discusses legal issues. You'd probably really enjoy it.
Gold: 22,169.69
Sep 5 2022 05:42pm
Quote (thundercock @ Sep 5 2022 06:30pm)
I think the worst argument is that the DOJ shouldn't have access to some of the documents because of executive privilege. Executive privilege involves competing branches of government (i.e. balancing Congressional oversight with executive communications). Why would members of the executive branch be forbidden from seeing documents but a member of the judiciary can? It's extraordinarily absurd.

Members of the judiciary don't need to take an adversarial role which would jeopardize 4th and 5th amendment protections. Leaving up to prosecutors to regulate themselves goes about as well as self regulation does for any entity. As the judge pointed out, as long as theres a valid, perhaps legally untested, claim of privilege, then relief should occur at an injunctive stage so damage isn't irreparable before it can be argued in court.

Bill Barr doesn't believe that a special master is warranted because the FBI filter team already did it's job. I think there may have been some merit due to the sensitivity of the case if the request was made within 24 hours. Why didn't his attorneys file an injunction immediately?

I highly recommend the podcast "Advisory Opinions" which is a conservative podcast that discusses legal issues. You'd probably really enjoy it.

Bill Barr has a track record of being overly deferential to government agency against civil liberties. He's not some ACLU card carrying hippy. Just because he tried to restrain the DoJ from its excess didn't mean he distrusted them. And I find common ground with on innately distrusting any three letter agency

Gold: 0.00
Warn: 10%
Sep 5 2022 07:28pm
this thread spiraling right down the ......REEEEEEEEEEEE
Feds to Wait Until After Midterms to Announce Any Charges Against Trump
https://www.bitchute.com/video/BqFc7dkfnTax/

Gold: 260.11
Sep 5 2022 11:02pm
Quote (Goomshill @ Sep 5 2022 05:01pm)

In what way? There's nothing in this order that talks about the legality of the FBI raid and what you clipped just says that there needs to be a balancing of former vs current presidents interests in executive privilege, and it would way heavily in favor of the current president.

This order is pretty bland. It basically says most of the material is likely to not be covered by privilege in any way, but some personal posessions and a few documents might need to be considered by a special master.

If you are reading anything more into this, I assure you it's your own imagination being desparate to give Trump and out.
Sep 5 2022 11:04pm
Quote (thundercock @ Sep 5 2022 06:30pm)

Just read through the order. I think the best case scenario here is Trump gets a few personal posessions back and that's about it. Anything of significance is going to be kept in evidence.
Sep 5 2022 11:18pm
Quote (NetflixAdaptationWidow @ Sep 6 2022 12:02am)
In what way? There's nothing in this order that talks about the legality of the FBI raid and what you clipped just says that there needs to be a balancing of former vs current presidents interests in executive privilege, and it would way heavily in favor of the current president.

This order is pretty bland. It basically says most of the material is likely to not be covered by privilege in any way, but some personal posessions and a few documents might need to be considered by a special master.

If you are reading anything more into this, I assure you it's your own imagination being desparate to give Trump and out.

You noted the pictured part of the decision, right? The judge specifically referenced the FBI's raid on Project Veritas and subsequent appointment of a special master in that case to oversee attorney-client privileged communications as a precedent for guiding this decision. That's the part written right in the text of the order. The part left unspoken is how the FBI violated the first amendment rights of journalists by raiding them and taking their privileged communications, and then turned around and illegally leaked those documents to the New York Times for political purposes. Because besides the PV raid being such a blatant attack on our constitutional rights, its undeniable that the FBI was acting in both bad faith and illegally when they leaked those documents (the same night). A conspicuous example to use as a precedent, that the judge cited as similarly politicized.

So here it is coming back to bite them in the ass.
Sep 5 2022 11:39pm
Quote (Goomshill @ Sep 6 2022 12:18am)
You noted the pictured part of the decision, right? The judge specifically referenced the FBI's raid on Project Veritas and subsequent appointment of a special master in that case to oversee attorney-client privileged communications as a precedent for guiding this decision. That's the part written right in the text of the order. The part left unspoken is how the FBI violated the first amendment rights of journalists by raiding them and taking their privileged communications, and then turned around and illegally leaked those documents to the New York Times for political purposes. Because besides the PV raid being such a blatant attack on our constitutional rights, its undeniable that the FBI was acting in both bad faith and illegally when they leaked those documents (the same night). A conspicuous example to use as a precedent, that the judge cited as similarly politicized.

So here it is coming back to bite them in the ass.

Oh I see what you mean.

In which case you're just reaching. The entire point of that section is to maintain the appearance of legitimacy. Even if the raid was totally legal the appearance of controversy was being used to justify the appointment. That case wasn't exceptional in that regard it was just a recent example.

Unless you can point to where PV was successful in court against the FBI. With their level of conservative support after the fact I can't imagine they wouldn't try if they had even the slightest chance.
Sep 5 2022 11:55pm
Quote (NetflixAdaptationWidow @ Sep 6 2022 12:39am)
Oh I see what you mean.

In which case you're just reaching. The entire point of that section is to maintain the appearance of legitimacy. Even if the raid was totally legal the appearance of controversy was being used to justify the appointment. That case wasn't exceptional in that regard it was just a recent example.

Unless you can point to where PV was successful in court against the FBI. With their level of conservative support after the fact I can't imagine they wouldn't try if they had even the slightest chance.

That case was exceptional and so was this one. Special masters are very rare- a tiny fraction of a percent of cases- and PV successfully argued against the FBI to have one appointed in their case. Of course, the vast majority of cases don't bring special masters into play because investigators don't normally overreach and seize privileged communications in the first place. And it seems like most case where they do, involved obvious political motivation. The FBI in this case decided to trample over the cooperation between the FPOTUS's counsel and the FBI in turning over documents, then refused to allow counsel to have any say in the privilege review process, then tried to deny the court any review of the documents- all while conspicuously leaking details of the raid to the media and sharing gratuitous photos. Not exactly the work of a neutral and unbiased investigatory agency conducting itself professionally. More like a return to form, of the Comey/McCabe days.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1205206207208209233Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll