d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo > Diablo 4 > D4 Discussion > Why Play Diablo?
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 14,700.00
May 14 2023 08:50pm

For real, D4 is far from perfect, but it has some great ideas, an excellent combat system, and a good atmosphere. The drop rates feel good, and the game has a challenge to it as well. It blows D2 out of the water in many aspects.
D4 has RNG, D4 has dynamic zones, random spawns, and events. D4 ACTUALLY HAS AN END GAME, unlike D2. D4 has procedural dungeon design as well, with more than the four tile sets D2 has, and everyone knows where to go 90% of the time.
Sure, I never know what loot I'm going to get in D2, but I do know what build I'm going to level, what zone I'm going to farm, and every step I'm going to make until hell. 90% of the JSP arguments are asinine and baseless.

D2 will forever be my favorite ARPG, but that doesn't mean that it's perfect. The one big up D2 has on D4 is trading and how unique the loot is. That's it... Cry some and tell me how wrong I am.
Also, added some rebuttals to your arugments marked in bold with *.

Quote (WhiskeyRunz @ May 14 2023 08:26pm)
Diablo 2 level layout randomly generates *D4 has it too*

Diablo 2 loot random number generator system *D4 has it too*

Every play through is a different experience, different monsters, different maps, different drops *D4 will too*

You didn't mention trading, or going from 8x player co-op to only 4x co-op *4 player co-op does stink, but graphically it won't mesh. I want trading,but bots and RMT*

You didn't mention the missing sword & shield wielding character absent from D4 * It will be added in expansion*

D4 gives you micro transactions, battle passes, early access, collector's edition with no game *D4 will be a live service unlike d2, but I wish the game came with collectors*

D2 gave you everything in the box including a physical copy, not needed nowadays but important to compare apples to apples * It did, but sadly we are living in different times*

D4 has a massive budget available, much more than Blizzard North could fathom *This is true and they are using it*

D2 devs proactively tested their game before release, D4 devs think beta testing is not part of their job, i.e. no passion for their own creation * D4 Devs test the game all the time*

Where is the map overlay? A staple feature since 1997 missing, D4 dev stated no plans for this feature to be implemented * I agree I want a map overlay*

Why are there long cooldowns, does any player enjoy waiting 10 seconds between teleport? If yes, you are a moron congrats! * Cool downs are in place to help keep things in balance, or they might have to add another enigma to break the game even futher ;) *

Anyways, if comparing the two don't leave out the obvious differences

Final Point, It's been 23 fucking years and this is the best these clowns came up with..

D4 should be unquestionably better in all aspects and features, but it's not, point, blank, period * IT IS in many ways! *

This post was edited by Brandon9405 on May 14 2023 09:08pm
Gold: 57,900.00
May 14 2023 09:01pm
Quote (ChocolateCoveredGummyBears @ May 15 2023 04:49am)
dismantling the "rose-colored glasses" is so easy. look at the hype poe generated and being known as a spiritual successor of diablo 2. and the upcoming hype poe 2 will generate. these incredible games can still exist today with proper development teams that focus on core arpg values instead of planting social justice values into an existing IP

and your example of little 10 year old kids growing up ready to play the shit out of the new games means they have some shitty parents. if you let your kid grow up playing d3 instead of d2/d2r, cps should be called

It s a pitty if you can t see how good Last Epoch is in the genre. Or how many good rpgs, shooters and other game types are out there. Thousands of hours of gameplay available. Good stories and mechanics. Don t get me wrong I love D1 and D2. I play them still to the day. The same with wc3 or cs, or original quake and doom. Wolf 3d, Z, sc and well basically all the games we all used to play. I love them... i enjoyed thousands of hour in them. But now I m enjoying apex as well, horizon zero dawn, last epoch, dying light, ori and many other titles that bring a lot.of good contemporary memories and joy. Of course now I can only play 1 hour at a time as i want to spend most of it with my kids doing other stuff than just gaming ( well my oldest is 2.5 so yeah - we game but with lego and shit) and surely hard to catch the gang online. But we make it work.. we find time for those coops weekly basis. Lan parties still going hard at least every 3-6 months ( and we even live in many different countries). But to each their own, I see your way as well and say.. you do whatever makes you happy mate, but there are new things to be enjoyed in my opinion.
Gold: 200.00
May 14 2023 09:01pm
Quote (WhiskeyRunz @ May 14 2023 08:26pm)
Diablo 2 level layout randomly generates

Diablo 2 loot random number generator system

Every play through is a different experience, different monsters, different maps, different drops

You didn't mention trading, or going from 8x player co-op to only 4x co-op

You didn't mention the missing sword & shield wielding character absent from D4

D4 gives you micro transactions, battle passes, early access, collector's edition with no game

D2 gave you everything in the box including a physical copy, not needed nowadays but important to compare apples to apples

D4 has a massive budget available, much more than Blizzard North could fathom

D2 devs proactively tested their game before release, D4 devs think beta testing is not part of their job, i.e. no passion for their own creation

Where is the map overlay? A staple feature since 1997 missing, D4 dev stated no plans for this feature to be implemented

Why are there long cooldowns, does any player enjoy waiting 10 seconds between teleport? If yes, you are a moron congrats!

Anyways, if comparing the two don't leave out the obvious differences

Final Point, It's been 23 fucking years and this is the best these clowns came up with..

D4 should be unquestionably better in all aspects and features, but it's not, point, blank, period

Quote (ChocolateCoveredGummyBears @ May 14 2023 10:49pm)
dismantling the "rose-colored glasses" is so easy. look at the hype poe generated and being known as a spiritual successor of diablo 2. and the upcoming hype poe 2 will generate. these incredible games can still exist today with proper development teams that focus on core arpg values instead of planting social justice values into an existing IP

and your example of little 10 year old kids growing up ready to play the shit out of the new games means they have some shitty parents. if you let your kid grow up playing d3 instead of d2/d2r, cps should be called

I knew these children were going to be in here defending the crap game that is D2R
Gold: 200.00
May 14 2023 09:02pm
Quote (Brandon9405 @ May 14 2023 10:50pm)
https://i.imgflip.com/7lsey0.jpg
For real, D4 is far from perfect, but it has some great ideas, an excellent combat system, and a good atmosphere. The drop rates feel good, and the game has a challenge to it as well. It blows D2 out of the water in many aspects.
D4 has RNG, D4 has dynamic zones, random spawns, and events. D4 ACTUALLY HAS AN END GAME, unlike D2. D4 has procedural dungeon design as well, with more than the four tile sets D2 has, and everyone knows where to go 90% of the time.
Sure, I never know what loot I'm going to get in D2, but I do know what build I'm going to level, what zone I'm going to farm, and every step I'm going to make until hell. 90% of the JSP arguments are asinine and baseless.

D2 will forever be my favorite ARPG, but that doesn't mean that it's perfect. The one big up D2 has on D4 is trading and how unique the loot is. That's it... Cry some and tell me how wrong I am.

oh they will. Those 2 kids literally live to troll these forums because they are upset that D4 doesn't have trading. It's adorable honestly.
Gold: 291.00
May 14 2023 09:06pm
Quote (Apovax @ May 14 2023 08:01pm)
It s a pitty if you can t see how good Last Epoch is in the genre. Or how many good rpgs, shooters and other game types are out there. Thousands of hours of gameplay available. Good stories and mechanics. Don t get me wrong I love D1 and D2. I play them still to the day. The same with wc3 or cs, or original quake and doom. Wolf 3d, Z, sc and well basically all the games we all used to play. I love them... i enjoyed thousands of hour in them. But now I m enjoying apex as well, horizon zero dawn, last epoch, dying light, ori and many other titles that bring a lot.of good contemporary memories and joy. Of course now I can only play 1 hour at a time as i want to spend most of it with my kids doing other stuff than just gaming ( well my oldest is 2.5 so yeah - we game but with lego and shit) and surely hard to catch the gang online. But we make it work.. we find time for those coops weekly basis. Lan parties still going hard at least every 3-6 months ( and we even live in many different countries). But to each their own, I see your way as well and say.. you do whatever makes you happy mate, but there are new things to be enjoyed in my opinion.

tbh those games are actually pretty decent. not really me genre though so i don't play em (except last epoh)
Gold: 1,100.00
May 14 2023 10:08pm
Repetitiveness is a staple of the ARPG genre, the older games like D2 are a lot worse at this than the modern games but it's still there nonetheless.

Crying about the repetitiveness in an ARPG is like crying about there being soccer in FIFA.
Gold: 1,814.12
May 14 2023 10:33pm
God damn I triggered the libs with that post :rofl:

This post was edited by WhiskeyRunz on May 14 2023 10:35pm
Gold: 110,835.00
May 14 2023 11:21pm
fedora tipping connoisseur of highest delights.

Gold: 14,700.00
May 15 2023 05:26am
Quote (WhiskeyRunz @ May 15 2023 12:33am)
God damn I triggered the libs with that post :rofl:

https://i.ibb.co/N1JkCPy/Diablo-4-its-just-the-way-it-is-meme-lol.jpg

You triggered no one you made baseless trash arguments. 90% of what you said was either wrong or outrage. So instead of actually replying you just call everyone libs. Yikes
Gold: 16,015.00
May 15 2023 07:49am
I play Diablo games to enhance my misery
Go Back To D4 Discussion Topic List
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll