d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Science, Technology & Nature > Flat Earth Vs Globe Earth > Why Or Why Not?
Prev167891054Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2,504.69
Jun 4 2016 08:48am
Quote (card_sultan @ Jun 4 2016 08:25am)
I posted the trigonometry for a ball earth in post #61 which states that at 20 miles, there is a 266 foot drop, at 100 miles - there is a 1.26mile drop , really you need to realize that when NDT talks about scale - he's talking about the scale of BS.
Also, where do I call scientists to stringent for their theories? I think your confusing some other conversation you had with me, that might explain why you thought the Mercator Map projection was the actually map and would make circumnavigation impossible if the earth was flat.

In nearly every encounter i've ever hard with you in this sub for a start. Your math may be correct, thats not the issue, the issue is i dont know if hte human eye can percieve a 266 foot drop at 100 miles away. I'm not an expert eye doctor. I also have no clue if the human eye can percieve a 1.26 mile drop at 100 miles. Nor am i even certain what these numbers pertain to as far as given points for the drop. 266 foot drop from the center to the edges, which would of course depend on how wide of a horizon you can see. You can call it the scale of BS but its IMO something your eye can't perceive, its on too large of a scale, no different than things on too small of a scale. A razor blade looks straight as an arrow, after a few uses it resembles a torture device under a microscope.
Gold: 9,765.00
Warn: 60%
Jun 4 2016 10:27am
Quote (thesnipa @ Jun 4 2016 09:48am)
In nearly every encounter i've ever hard with you in this sub for a start. Your math may be correct, thats not the issue, the issue is i dont know if hte human eye can percieve a 266 foot drop at 100 miles away. I'm not an expert eye doctor. I also have no clue if the human eye can percieve a 1.26 mile drop at 100 miles. Nor am i even certain what these numbers pertain to as far as given points for the drop. 266 foot drop from the center to the edges, which would of course depend on how wide of a horizon you can see. You can call it the scale of BS but its IMO something your eye can't perceive, its on too large of a scale, no different than things on too small of a scale. A razor blade looks straight as an arrow, after a few uses it resembles a torture device under a microscope.

First of all i've never said that, I don't even like the word stringent - so your a blatent liar. Second it's not a 266ft drop at 100 miles - it's a 266 foot drop at 20 miles - at 100 miles it's a 1.26 mile drop - which if it exists - you'd have to be totally blind not to see it. There is footage from balloons that have gone up 20+ miles and can view a 1000 miles , which according to the ball map would show a 128 mile drop - but it's flat. The only people to ever show a curve are Nasa. Are they telling the truth, well IDK, but they certainly act all defensive if you question them and stop blindly accepting whatever they say because they are Rocket Scientist after all and Rocket Scientist are sworn to always tell the truth right?
Thirdly - that's multiple mistakes you've made - confusing the Mercator Map, claiming the math is unknown, quoting the wrong stats, misquoting me - I mean talk about judging things with your hatred, which you seem to do that quite well, and since your judgement is clearly wrong, isn't your dislike too? The truth is something your eyes can see, but if your mind just blindly believes what people tell you, your open to believing anything. I'll give you an example - suppose you came home early and you find your wife in bed with another man and she says to you " I'm just helping to relieve this guy's stress caused by filling out income tax forms, Damn Government, right?", so the question I ask you is - Is she just a blatent liar or is she telling you just a partial truth?
Gold: 134.69
Jun 4 2016 10:46am
really? i can view a whole state (rough estimate) from a plane?
Gold: 11,295.00
Jun 4 2016 10:47am
Earth is not a perfect circle to begin with... in what world do u live in where something is perfectly flat or perfectly circular on such big scale...

back to the bridge bullshit, the curve is accounted for in the foundations of the bridge and in many cases its not Earth's curve that needs to be accounted for but the terrain itself [hills, drops etc] and thats all in order to keep the top of the bridge as flat as possible which still doesnt end up being the case but because the difference is so small u cant notice it when u observe the bridge from a distance...

the image u posted is only viable for a perfectly circular object, without any obstacles to ur vision. it also doesnt account for ur ability to see over long distances which is hugely affected by the environment u r in.

its also widely known and proven that human sight has very poor depth perception, allowing the existence of entertainment industries related to magic tricks and illusions.

im saying yet again, there is a ton of information online to disprove such ideas but u need to go read up on it before blindly making statements or assumptions based on "facts" that are not correct for what u r trying to

argue against.

thesnipa's point about eye sight limitations on a small scale also adds to that.

im still waiting for the proposal on why the conspiracy is even happening and why we see Earth's shadow on the Moon appearing spherical rather than some linear object.

Gold: 2,504.69
Jun 4 2016 11:00am
Quote (card_sultan @ Jun 4 2016 10:27am)
First of all i've never said that, I don't even like the word stringent - so your a blatent liar. Second it's not a 266ft drop at 100 miles - it's a 266 foot drop at 20 miles - at 100 miles it's a 1.26 mile drop - which if it exists - you'd have to be totally blind not to see it. There is footage from balloons that have gone up 20+ miles and can view a 1000 miles , which according to the ball map would show a 128 mile drop - but it's flat. The only people to ever show a curve are Nasa. Are they telling the truth, well IDK, but they certainly act all defensive if you question them and stop blindly accepting whatever they say because they are Rocket Scientist after all and Rocket Scientist are sworn to always tell the truth right?
Thirdly - that's multiple mistakes you've made - confusing the Mercator Map, claiming the math is unknown, quoting the wrong stats, misquoting me - I mean talk about judging things with your hatred, which you seem to do that quite well, and since your judgement is clearly wrong, isn't your dislike too? The truth is something your eyes can see, but if your mind just blindly believes what people tell you, your open to believing anything. I'll give you an example - suppose you came home early and you find your wife in bed with another man and she says to you " I'm just helping to relieve this guy's stress caused by filling out income tax forms, Damn Government, right?", so the question I ask you is - Is she just a blatent liar or is she telling you just a partial truth?

if you think im putting effort into these posts your a fool. this entire theory is dog shit and im putting base effort into this thread when LLD section and PARD section are slow. Im not checking your math or even really paying attention to it. I used a synonym of stringent for other phrases you've used so im a blatant liar? welcome to the english language where we can say things using different words that meant the same thing...

Did you ever consider the only reason NASA has observed the curve is because NASA is the only entity that's gone high enough to observe it?

Lets also address one major shortcoming of this entire conspiracy theory. Satelites and space travel were simultaneously created by both NASA and the russians in a race to space. Bitter enemies carrying out a trillion dollar dick measuring contest to try and get up their first. In order for the theory of the conspiracy of NASA to be true that would mean the US and Russia colluded to create the conspiracy in the heart of the Cold War, which is about as stupid of a thing as i can even think of.
Jun 4 2016 11:09am
Quote (thesnipa @ Jun 4 2016 12:00pm)
if you think im putting effort into these posts your a fool. this entire theory is dog shit and im putting base effort into this thread when LLD section and PARD section are slow. Im not checking your math or even really paying attention to it. I used a synonym of stringent for other phrases you've used so im a blatant liar? welcome to the english language where we can say things using different words that meant the same thing...

Did you ever consider the only reason NASA has observed the curve is because NASA is the only entity that's gone high enough to observe it?

Lets also address one major shortcoming of this entire conspiracy theory. Satelites and space travel were simultaneously created by both NASA and the russians in a race to space. Bitter enemies carrying out a trillion dollar dick measuring contest to try and get up their first. In order for the theory of the conspiracy of NASA to be true that would mean the US and Russia colluded to create the conspiracy in the heart of the Cold War, which is about as stupid of a thing as i can even think of.

i like this, i'm stealing it for the flat earth society
Jun 4 2016 11:42am

I think your lack of effort makes you a fool. Also, it's not my math it's Pythagorean Math of a ball. The idea that Russia and USA are partially working together at the highest level is crazy, oh wait - I saw a film called Dr Strangelove that suggested that they needed to collaborate while telling the public that they are mortal enemies. Stanley Kubrick wasn't a fool.
Jun 4 2016 11:46am
Quote (card_sultan @ Jun 4 2016 12:42pm)
I think your lack of effort makes you a fool. Also, it's not my math it's Pythagorean Math of a ball. The idea that Russia and USA are partially working together at the highest level is crazy, oh wait - I saw a film called Dr Strangelove that suggested that they needed to collaborate while telling the public that they are mortal enemies. Stanley Kubrick wasn't a fool.

he wasn't critiquing the math, he was critiquing your assumptions about the human eye, which are wrong.
Jun 4 2016 12:41pm
Quote (dude_927 @ Jun 4 2016 12:46pm)
he wasn't critiquing the math, he was critiquing your assumptions about the human eye, which are wrong.

But he actually said this:

Im not checking your math or even really paying attention to it.

I love how people assume stuff and get mad when proved they're just trolling. Also the math is not an assumption of the human eye, its actual math of a ball. For NDT to say that you cant see a 1.26 mile drop when viewing a horizon of 200 miles is an assumption.

This post was edited by card_sultan on Jun 4 2016 12:47pm
Jun 4 2016 12:43pm
Quote (card_sultan @ Jun 4 2016 01:41pm)
But he actually said this:

I love how people assume stuff and get mad when proved there just trolling.

:wallbash:
Go Back To Science, Technology & Nature Topic List
Prev167891054Next
Closed New Topic New Poll