d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Science, Technology & Nature >
Poll > The Case For Electromagnetic Universe > + Other Heresy Against The Establishment
Prev1545556575862Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 6.00
Aug 17 2016 02:46am
any science news that has anything to do with "breaking physics" generally means someone hasn't put in the time to actually confirm anything before blabbing.

smells so much like a 70 nanosecond off neutrino right now.
Gold: 260.11
Aug 17 2016 12:51pm
Quote (MaliceMizer @ Aug 17 2016 01:55am)
VICTORY!
Particle physics confirmed smashed.

http://arstechnica.com/science/2016/08/researchers-orbit-a-muon-around-an-atom-confirm-physics-is-broken/

http://cdn.arstechnica.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/igp_1024x640_bi2005m03_0014_0001_di_v-640x440.jpg

As I predicted 2 months ago the proton has a different charge radius than what the "Standard Model" of physics predicts.
In short, physics as has been taught for a long time, is broke.

At the juncture of Newtonian and quantum physics things get more than a bit weird. I am reminded of my favorite Heisenberg quote, "I remember discussions with Bohr which went through many hours till very late at night and ended almost in despair; and when at the end of the discussion I went alone for a walk in the neighboring park I repeated to myself again and again the question: Can nature possibly be so absurd as it seemed to us in these atomic experiments?”

It likely won't break the standard model, just add to it. Even if it did it would be replaced by something 50% or more similar to the standard model since it's been so successful.
Gold: 9,765.00
Warn: 60%
Aug 17 2016 01:23pm
Quote (Subwoofer @ Aug 16 2016 10:46pm)
any science news that has anything to do with "breaking physics" generally means someone hasn't put in the time to actually confirm anything before blabbing.

smells so much like a 70 nanosecond off neutrino right now.

Well could you actually explain why to believe that or are you simply waiting for judeo-quackademic to tell you what to think?
Aug 17 2016 08:17pm
Quote (card_sultan @ Aug 17 2016 02:23pm)
Well could you actually explain why to believe that or are you simply waiting for judeo-quackademic to tell you what to think?

lack of peer review
lack of repeated results
lack of even really going over the first result
lack of basically all protocol before you start blabbing to the news.

the people on the CERN experiment did the same crap jumping to news outlets and all that did it end up getting someone to correct their mistake and make them look foolish and incompetent.

these are incredibly complex experiments and only a fool would take initial data as a fact.
Aug 17 2016 08:28pm
Quote (Subwoofer @ Aug 17 2016 04:17pm)
lack of peer review
lack of repeated results

the people on the CERN experiment did the same crap jumping to news outlets and all that did it end up getting someone to correct their mistake and make them look foolish and incompetent.

these are incredibly complex experiments and only a fool would take initial data as a fact.

Your opinion wasn't peer reviewed so it's not valid. Stop posting this nonsense.

Aug 17 2016 08:33pm
Quote (card_sultan @ Aug 17 2016 09:28pm)
Your opinion wasn't peer reviewed so it's not valid. Stop posting this nonsense.

last reply you'll get out of me until you say something intelligible.
Aug 17 2016 08:42pm
Quote (Subwoofer @ Aug 17 2016 04:33pm)
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/d0/d8/0f/d0d80fcf0eab4c61e29225f0be9cff1a.jpg

last reply you'll get out of me until you say something intelligible.

Considering the perspicuous nature of your remark, I hope you can appreciate the thick application of irony is bitter tasting
Aug 18 2016 05:34am
Quote (Subwoofer @ Aug 17 2016 08:17pm)
lack of peer review
lack of repeated results

At Cern they didn't jump to conclusions, they warned from day one that it could be an anomaly. Don't mistake the media for the scientists.
Gold: 4.77
Aug 24 2016 02:15am
In an infinite fractal of rotation, how do you define the center? Every point is the center. You are the center of the universe observing the universe from your very own center. Wherever you pick a point of observation in the fractal, that point becomes the center from which you're observing the universe. That point becomes stillness. Why stillness? Because in that point now, all the spins of the universe cancel out.… You need stillness to have a frame of reference for rotation… And that's how singularity occurs. Singularity is the point at the center of your experience of the universe, that is the point of stillness from which you're observing the universe.
Newton still #1 cause the world is designed by YOU.

If you understand it, the universe revolves around you.
If you fail to try, the universe revolves without you.

Aug 24 2016 10:54am
Quote (MaliceMizer @ Aug 24 2016 02:15am)
In an infinite fractal of rotation, how do you define the center? Every point is the center. You are the center of the universe observing the universe from your very own center. Wherever you pick a point of observation in the fractal, that point becomes the center from which you're observing the universe. That point becomes stillness. Why stillness? Because in that point now, all the spins of the universe cancel out.… You need stillness to have a frame of reference for rotation… And that's how singularity occurs. Singularity is the point at the center of your experience of the universe, that is the point of stillness from which you're observing the universe.
Newton still #1 cause the world is designed by YOU.

https://media.giphy.com/media/l2Sqe8UZGcnLBMbO8/giphy.gif

If you understand it, the universe revolves around you.
If you fail to try, the universe revolves without you.

You're hijacking a lot of words here. Singularity isn't usually used the way you are using it, neither is center when discussing reference frames.

Also you don't need stillness to have a frame of reference. We have a constant frame of reference in that .gif even though everything else is moving. You can also have a moving reference frame if you wanted. You can even have an accelerating reference frame, although you have to account for that when doing calculations.
Go Back To Science, Technology & Nature Topic List
Prev1545556575862Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll