d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Science, Technology & Nature >
Poll > The Case For Electromagnetic Universe > + Other Heresy Against The Establishment
Prev1535455565762Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 9,765.00
Warn: 60%
Aug 13 2016 03:44pm
Quote (luckspin @ Aug 13 2016 10:33am)
genetically modified seeds provide much better results probably, even though they might not be as healthy. companies mostly care for the amount of production in the shortest amount of time rather than focusing on quality if it would take less time to produce... so the shorter answer, money.

So if a technology was viewed as dangerous to making Corporations money, couldn't it simply be buried and mocked to the point of no one believing it? If history is made by the winners, are Companies that active engage in controlling what people think guilty of just promoting their own propaganda thereby confirming to themselves their own bias that they are the winners?

This post was edited by card_sultan on Aug 13 2016 03:45pm
Gold: 7,271.48
Aug 13 2016 08:01pm
Quote (card_sultan @ Aug 13 2016 01:41pm)
nice find, so why do you think scientific discoveries are not immediately adapted into the agricultural business world of food production?

They are if practical to implement.

Quote (luckspin @ Aug 13 2016 02:33pm)
genetically modified seeds provide much better results probably, even though they might not be as healthy. companies mostly care for the amount of production in the shortest amount of time rather than focusing on quality if it would take less time to produce... so the shorter answer, money.

GMO crops are the same 'healthy' as non modified versions except In odd cases where the modification affects nutritional make up specifically like corn made to be better for ethanol production.

They provide higher yields though better specific disease and chemical resistance and better storage at the cost of less variety in a plant species and the potential for large scale wipeouts of crops.
Gold: 11,295.00
Aug 13 2016 08:39pm

Quote (card_sultan @ 14 Aug 2016 00:44)
So if a technology was viewed as dangerous to making Corporations money, couldn't it simply be buried and mocked to the point of no one believing it? If history is made by the winners, are Companies that active engage in controlling what people think guilty of just promoting their own propaganda thereby confirming to themselves their own bias that they are the winners?

again with ur conspiracy crap... has nothing to do with hiding valuable information from the masses...

if the large companies saw profit from using that "new technology" they would adapt it in their businesses... if they dont see profit in it, they simply dont use it. noone is stopping u from buying land, setting up a farming business and producing plants with the help of magnetic fields.

Quote (remco6 @ 14 Aug 2016 05:01)

GMO crops are the same 'healthy' as non modified versions except In odd cases where the modification affects nutritional make up specifically like corn made to be better for ethanol production.

They provide higher yields though better specific disease and chemical resistance and better storage at the cost of less variety in a plant species and the potential for large scale wipeouts of crops.

GMO crops havnt been around for long enough to know all the possible side effects of long term consumption. i've seen effects of GMO corn on rats and it didnt look pretty.

they design plants that repel insects that would normally feed on those plants, i wonder how good those chemicals, that keep the insects away, r for our health.

i dont know enough to speak on the subject but i try to avoid eating foods with GMO ingredients in them.
Gold: 7,271.48
Aug 13 2016 10:41pm
Quote (luckspin @ Aug 13 2016 08:39pm)

GMO crops havnt been around for long enough to know all the possible side effects of long term consumption. i've seen effects of GMO corn on rats and it didnt look pretty.

they design plants that repel insects that would normally feed on those plants, i wonder how good those chemicals, that keep the insects away, r for our health.

i dont know enough to speak on the subject but i try to avoid eating foods with GMO ingredients in them.

Believing that there's health risks from consuming the current approved GMO foods is as foolish as doubting climate change.

As we get more creative with our genetic modifications it's posible to stumble across a change that results in a product with potential health risks although the dietary experts even can't seem to agree decade to decade on the foods we've always consumed and their risks so.....

There is one direct health risk and that is pesticide use, GMOs in crops are most often designed to resist pesticides and result in more widespread reliance on them but this isn't really a surprise or a direct result of the gene modifications. Personally I'd be far more concerned about all the preservatives and chemicals in the magority of foods on the shelf at the supermarket.

The big risks involved with GMO's are increased weed or pest resistance to the curent herbicides and over reliance on those chemicals that results in a race to develop new GMOs resistant to new chemicals. Which becomes harder since the diversity in varieties of virtually all plants we eat has been reduced by ~90% in the last hundred years. Over reliance on a handful of varieties is dangerous.
Aug 14 2016 12:07am
Quote (luckspin @ Aug 13 2016 04:39pm)
again with ur conspiracy crap... has nothing to do with hiding valuable information from the masses...

if the large companies saw profit from using that "new technology" they would adapt it in their businesses... if they dont see profit in it, they simply dont use it. noone is stopping u from buying land, setting up a farming business and producing plants with the help of magnetic fields.

sees prove, still believes in Corporate science - how is that not the definition of deluded, you should probably look that word up.
Gold: 11,295.00
Aug 14 2016 03:35am
Quote (remco6 @ 14 Aug 2016 07:41)
Believing that there's health risks from consuming the current approved GMO foods is as foolish as doubting climate change.

As we get more creative with our genetic modifications it's posible to stumble across a change that results in a product with potential health risks although the dietary experts even can't seem to agree decade to decade on the foods we've always consumed and their risks so.....

There is one direct health risk and that is pesticide use, GMOs in crops are most often designed to resist pesticides and result in more widespread reliance on them but this isn't really a surprise or a direct result of the gene modifications. Personally I'd be far more concerned about all the preservatives and chemicals in the magority of foods on the shelf at the supermarket.

The big risks involved with GMO's are increased weed or pest resistance to the curent herbicides and over reliance on those chemicals that results in a race to develop new GMOs resistant to new chemicals. Which becomes harder since the diversity in varieties of virtually all plants we eat has been reduced by ~90% in the last hundred years. Over reliance on a handful of varieties is dangerous.

i rarely eat junk food, mostly cook stuff from scratch with ingredients that i consider healthy and eat primarily salads. in my diet i avoid chemicals, preservatives, coloring, GMOs etc. not to mention that there r not that many products with GMO ingredients in them in EU to begin with.

of course there r plenty of other unhealthy foods around that dont have GMOs in them but that doesnt mean GMOs r entirely healthy. I found GMO grapes in the supermarket a few months ago and bought to try them out, they were so unnaturally sweet and the general taste was very weird, i didnt like it so i dont buy them anymore... simple as... just like any other food.

dont make a big deal out of this, if u want to eat GMO foods, go ahead and as i said earlier i dont know enough about GMOs to argue in the subject, if u r looking for a discussion...

Quote (card_sultan @ 14 Aug 2016 09:07)
sees prove, still believes in Corporate science - how is that not the definition of deluded, you should probably look that word up.

i dont just see "proof" i educated u with an article u would have never found on ur own, searching in youtube for ur next ground braking scientific discovery :rofl:

what i "prooved" to u is that the information is out there and u can do w/e u want to exploit that technology if u find it useful.

u dont believe GMO foods exist then? what exactly is ur point? poor guy... :bonk:

gravity is corporate science i guess THEY EARN BILLIONS FROM THAT LIE!!!

them physicists be pimpin 24/7 with all dat cashmoney! :rofl:

who is the delusional guy here again? :rolleyes:
Aug 14 2016 03:15pm
Quote (luckspin @ Aug 13 2016 04:39pm)

It's not a conspiracy just because you say so, Science has shown foods are more healthy, more tolerant to disease and drought if they are exposed to more diversity in the farms, ie - smaller crops. Another example are the overuse of antibiotics that have caused many virus and bacteria to develop resistance.
So why are they still making antibacterial soap still so we can poison the environment faster? Companies are free to believe or not believe in any or all of science. So thinking that companies are 100% behind all science is delusional, they only are interested in short term profits - they could care less about what's good for me and you.

Also do you know there's two kinds of scientist, the kind that just do what they are told and the kind that just do actual science, most work for a companies and these companies can control what information they want you to know. 95+% of the time, people are just getting information from the same media source which are completely free to cherry pick any data and make up there own opinion,, so rarely do people ever get just the data, they are just feed that stations/media's opinions and perspective.

So do you really think your informed about "gmos", that you have the actual "science", I mean look at Oprah Winfrey, she was sued for 160 million dollars for saying something bad about meat and they forced her to retract what she said, thinking that scientists are really free to say exactly what they find because "Science" determined it, is not really understanding the chain of authority that is in all economies.

Quote (luckspin @ Aug 13 2016 11:35pm)
gravity is corporate science i guess THEY EARN BILLIONS FROM THAT LIE!!!

them physicists be pimpin 24/7 with all dat cashmoney! :rofl:

Well imagine for a second that there is no gravity and that energy is completely free. Now tell me your reason to work away your life to make someone else rich?

This post was edited by card_sultan on Aug 14 2016 03:32pm
Gold: 4.77
Aug 14 2016 05:53pm
Quote (card_sultan @ 14 Aug 2016 16:15)
It's not a conspiracy just because you say so, Science has shown foods are more healthy, more tolerant to disease and drought if they are exposed to more diversity in the farms, ie - smaller crops. Another example are the overuse of antibiotics that have caused many virus and bacteria to develop resistance.
So why are they still making antibacterial soap still so we can poison the environment faster? Companies are free to believe or not believe in any or all of science. So thinking that companies are 100% behind all science is delusional, they only are interested in short term profits - they could care less about what's good for me and you.

Also do you know there's two kinds of scientist, the kind that just do what they are told and the kind that just do actual science, most work for a companies and these companies can control what information they want you to know. 95+% of the time, people are just getting information from the same media source which are completely free to cherry pick any data and make up there own opinion,, so rarely do people ever get just the data, they are just feed that stations/media's opinions and perspective.

So do you really think your informed about "gmos", that you have the actual "science", I mean look at Oprah Winfrey, she was sued for 160 million dollars for saying something bad about meat and they forced her to retract what she said, thinking that scientists are really free to say exactly what they find because "Science" determined it, is not really understanding the chain of authority that is in all economies.

Well imagine for a second that there is no gravity and that energy is completely free. Now tell me your reason to work away your life to make someone else rich?

http://i67.tinypic.com/24vjwb5.jpg

didn't read cause driving but about the Dalai Llama:

This post was edited by MaliceMizer on Aug 14 2016 05:53pm
Aug 15 2016 08:22am
Quote (MaliceMizer @ Aug 14 2016 01:53pm)
didn't read cause driving but about the Dalai Llama:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7t2Ztb92mE

Controlled Magicians implying, typical propaganda
Gold: 4.77
Aug 17 2016 01:55am
VICTORY!
Particle physics confirmed smashed.

The proton's charge radius shouldn't change, and yet it appears to.

http://arstechnica.com/science/2016/08/researchers-orbit-a-muon-around-an-atom-confirm-physics-is-broken/

This may sound like a minor puzzle, but remember that the proton's radius is tied into theories like the Standard Model, so the result suggested that there might be something wrong with our understanding of some basic physics. Theorists, naturally, responded with enthusiasm and developed some new models that added an additional fundamental force that influenced the muon's interactions with the proton.

As I predicted 2 months ago the proton has a different charge radius than what the "Standard Model" of physics predicts.
In short, physics as has been taught for a long time, is broke.

At the juncture of Newtonian and quantum physics things get more than a bit weird. I am reminded of my favorite Heisenberg quote, "I remember discussions with Bohr which went through many hours till very late at night and ended almost in despair; and when at the end of the discussion I went alone for a walk in the neighboring park I repeated to myself again and again the question: Can nature possibly be so absurd as it seemed to us in these atomic experiments?”
Go Back To Science, Technology & Nature Topic List
Prev1535455565762Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll