d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Science, Technology & Nature >
Poll > Flat Earth Vs Globe Earth
Prev15253545556119Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 17,384.69
May 27 2017 02:22am
flattards bamboozled ^_^

This post was edited by Saucisson6000 on May 27 2017 02:23am
Gold: 260.11
May 27 2017 05:57am
Quote (ChivasRegal @ May 26 2017 09:31pm)
that doesn't make any sense at all...

how does a helium balloon float up into the sky if gravity is pulling it to the ground?
how do hang gliders leap off a cliff and fly straight out? shouldn't gravity just pull them straight down to bottom of cliff?
gravity is automatically dipping the nose of every single aeroplane in the world, every second it is in the air? you truly believe this????

The helium balloon is less dense than the surrounding air, so it floats just like an apple on water.

Hang gliders don't go straight out, they are dipping slightly. They would only go straight out if there was a wind pulling them up.

Gravity keeps the plane the same distance from the earth's center unless the plane accelerates upward against gravity, which won't happen so long as the plane is parallel to the ground.

This isn't complicated, one of your biggest issues understanding it is that you tend not to even describe the situation as it happens, similar to how card said the stars don't move each night.

The thing is when you're ignorant simple explanations often seem like bullshit, but that's just because you haven't taken the time to understand the underlying principles.

This post was edited by Thor123422 on May 27 2017 06:03am
Gold: 260.11
May 27 2017 06:02am
Quote (ChivasRegal @ May 27 2017 01:21am)
what is the math formula for placing an apple in your mouth, taking a bite, chewing it thirteen times and swallowing it???????

I'm telling you to LOOK with your own eyes at the pilot flying the plane with the controls in his hands.....why do you need a maths equation to do this?

does a pilot not have to dip his nose to start a descent and land the plane?
according to ur logic, a pilot just needs to hold the plane steady and flat and gravity will simply land the plane right?

Gravity would land the plane if he decelerates to where the upward force on the wings is less than gravitational force, so gravity starts winning. Only problem with this is if you get slow enough you will just crash into earth and die, or if you want to go down slowly you will be going very very fast when you land and need a runway miles and miles long.

So to avoid dieing the pilot can just control the direction the plane goes for a while and land at a slower speed.
Gold: 8,933.00
May 27 2017 08:20am
Quote (ChivasRegal @ May 26 2017 11:52pm)
it's incredible.....every single example i can give.....gravity is doing it somehow.....gravity is literally the answer to everything
how convenient

gonna try it out the next time my boss asks me why i was late for work "sorry boss, gravity slowed my car down....you know how it is"

It's almost as if... gravity is the fucking explanation! Amazing.
Gold: 5,168.97
May 27 2017 09:19am
Quote (ChivasRegal @ May 27 2017 09:21am)
what is the math formula for placing an apple in your mouth, taking a bite, chewing it thirteen times and swallowing it???????

I'm telling you to LOOK with your own eyes at the pilot flying the plane with the controls in his hands.....why do you need a maths equation to do this?

according to ur logic, a pilot just needs to hold the plane steady and flat and gravity will simply land the plane right?

You do not understand my question. Please read it again.
Gold: 1,261.00
May 27 2017 12:44pm
Quote (ChivasRegal @ May 26 2017 09:52pm)
it's incredible.....every single example i can give.....gravity is doing it somehow.....gravity is literally the answer to everything
how convenient

gonna try it out the next time my boss asks me why i was late for work "sorry boss, gravity slowed my car down....you know how it is"

- "Why do apples fall?"
- Gravity

- "Why do airplanes fall?"
- Gravity

- "Why do hang gliders fall?"
- Gravity

-"OMG, the answer to everything is gravity!!"

Yeah, amazing I know. Somehow gravity seems to be involved in everything that's in free-fall.

Quote (ChivasRegal @ May 27 2017 12:21am)

No, according to our logic a pilot that holds the plane steady and flat will just fly straight. That's... that's like... literally what we said.
Gold: 174.69
May 27 2017 06:35pm
Quote (russian @ May 28 2017 04:14am)
No, according to our logic a pilot that holds the plane steady and flat will just fly straight. That's... that's like... literally what we said.

if a pilot is holding the plane steady and the nose is NOT dipping, then it must be traveling in a straight line.....and will eventually fly off into outer space if the land below is curved and always falling away

you can't be traveling straight and curving at the same time, it is impossible, so which one is it?
the plane is flying straight over a flat landmass below, you don't need a fricken math formula, when you can verify it with your own eyes inside the cockpit
Gold: 7,271.48
May 27 2017 06:45pm
Quote (ChivasRegal @ May 27 2017 06:35pm)
if a pilot is holding the plane steady and the nose is NOT dipping, then it must be traveling in a straight line.....and will eventually fly off into outer space if the land below is curved and always falling away

you can't be traveling straight and curving at the same time, it is impossible, so which one is it?
the plane is flying straight over a flat landmass below, you don't need a fricken math formula, when you can verify it with your own eyes inside the cockpit

Aaaaaand... back to square one.
Gold: 174.69
May 27 2017 06:51pm
Quote (remco6 @ May 28 2017 10:15am)
Aaaaaand... back to square one.

do you agree with the statement on the 3rd line?
Gold: 8,933.00
May 27 2017 06:58pm
Quote (ChivasRegal @ May 27 2017 07:35pm)

Flying level does not mean flying in a perfectly straight line. You are conflating them.
Go Back To Science, Technology & Nature Topic List
Prev15253545556119Next
Closed New Topic New Poll