d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Science, Technology & Nature > Flat Earth Vs Globe Earth > Why Or Why Not?
Prev1525354
Closed New Topic New Poll
Gold: 445.00
Aug 9 2016 01:20pm
Quote (card_sultan @ Aug 6 2016 08:01pm)
Here a test you can do - jump around on a moving bus in the isle and then on the roof and explain why the force of the air is greater than your gravity inside a moving closed environment.

What is this test supposed to prove or disprove?

Gold: 9,765.00
Warn: 60%
Aug 9 2016 02:27pm
Quote (GetOnYourKnees @ Aug 9 2016 08:35am)
I wonder how Bill Maher would feel about a flat-earther quoting him in his signature :rofl:

I would hope he would finally realize what an idiot he can be sometimes.
Aug 9 2016 03:14pm
Quote (ROM @ Aug 9 2016 09:20am)
What is this test supposed to prove or disprove?

If the earth is spinning at 1000mph and orbiting around the sun at 66,600mph and revolving around the galaxy at 450,000mph and expanding into space at 1/2 the speed of light and gravity is keeping you stuck on the planet, but you jump with enough force to overcome this magical force that no one can really explain or understand or prove, shouldn't the force of the air that is being pulled toward the planet whoosh you away? And in the heliocentric model if you think the air does not create force if the earth is moving, try throwing a ball on the inside of a closed environment, lets say a moving convertible, of course it will not move except with the force you threw it in, then put the top down, throw the ball up really far , as soon as it hits the force of the air - it will fly away. In the heliocentric model the earth is surrounded by a bubble of air, so it really wouldn't just be flying through space, it's actually flying inside air, but it is not a closed environment - like there is no shield around it that protects it from all these forces that should be there, so, Air is "stuff", as it has molecules that give it mass. Because air has mass, and exerts a pressure of about 1 kg/square centimeter (14.7 lbs/square inch)
if it is moving, it is experiencing acceleration, Newton said F = MxA, so where is this force? Gravity must simply be an ancient myth that is misunderstood, but with no gravity, the heliocentric model and the big bang theory completely crumble. This is the truth that no one can accept.
Gold: 1,261.00
Aug 9 2016 03:48pm
Quote (card_sultan @ Aug 9 2016 02:14pm)
If the earth is spinning at 1000mph and orbiting around the sun at 66,600mph and revolving around the galaxy at 450,000mph and expanding into space at 1/2 the speed of light and gravity is keeping you stuck on the planet, but you jump with enough force to overcome this magical force that no one can really explain or understand or prove, shouldn't the force of the air that is being pulled toward the planet whoosh you away? And in the heliocentric model if you think the air does not create force if the earth is moving, try throwing a ball on the inside of a closed environment, lets say a moving convertible, of course it will not move except with the force you threw it in, then put the top down, throw the ball up really far , as soon as it hits the force of the air - it will fly away. In the heliocentric model the earth is surrounded by a bubble of air, so it really wouldn't just be flying through space, it's actually flying inside air, but it is not a closed environment - like there is no shield around it that protects it from all these forces that should be there, so, Air is "stuff", as it has molecules that give it mass. Because air has mass, and exerts a pressure of about 1 kg/square centimeter (14.7 lbs/square inch)
if it is moving, it is experiencing acceleration, Newton said F = MxA, so where is this force? Gravity must simply be an ancient myth that is misunderstood, but with no gravity, the heliocentric model and the big bang theory completely crumble. This is the truth that no one can accept.

When you are inside a jet flying at 500mph and you jump, why doesn't the force of the air instantly whoosh you away and slam you against the rear bulkhead?

edit: Oh, and you still don't get the difference between velocity and acceleration, huh? You'd think 50+ pages would be enough time to google it. If something is moving it does not mean it's currently experiencing acceleration.

This post was edited by russian on Aug 9 2016 03:54pm
Gold: 583.69
Aug 9 2016 05:51pm
Quote (russian @ Aug 9 2016 09:48pm)
When you are inside a jet flying at 500mph and you jump, why doesn't the force of the air instantly whoosh you away and slam you against the rear bulkhead?

edit: Oh, and you still don't get the difference between velocity and acceleration, huh? You'd think 50+ pages would be enough time to google it. If something is moving it does not mean it's currently experiencing acceleration.

I would that that after 50+ pages you guys would finally give up trying to educate a person who refuses to be educated. Personally im starting to wonder who the bigger idiot is.
Aug 9 2016 06:00pm
Quote (russian @ Aug 9 2016 11:48am)

because it's a closed environment, daaah- also there is no difference in terms of velocity and acceleration in terms of whether they apply a force, if you dont think that is the case - why dont you walk out on the highway and into a car that is traveling at constant velocity of 55 mph, and report back to me how that went, ok?

Quote (Hacintosh @ Aug 9 2016 01:51pm)
I would that that after 50+ pages you guys would finally give up trying to educate a person who refuses to be educated. Personally im starting to wonder who the bigger idiot is.

For that you only need a mirror

This post was edited by card_sultan on Aug 9 2016 06:07pm
Gold: 260.11
Aug 9 2016 08:07pm
Quote (Hacintosh @ Aug 9 2016 05:51pm)

I stopped taking the conversation seriously after I realized he wasn't even up to a 7th grade education. It's unfortunate really, but some are bound to slip through the cracks.
Aug 9 2016 08:23pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ Aug 9 2016 04:07pm)
I stopped taking the conversation seriously after I realized he wasn't even up to a 7th grade education. It's unfortunate really, but some are bound to slip through the cracks.

Back to your normal shitposting, sounds like you know the crack, you can get help for that you know right?

This post was edited by card_sultan on Aug 9 2016 08:29pm
Gold: 583.69
Aug 9 2016 09:38pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ Aug 10 2016 02:07am)

I wasnt talking about you. I actually do not recall seeing a post from you i didnt like. Maybe a few i didnt agree with but none come to mind that made think you were an idiot or anything. I just do not understand what a lot of these people in this thread think they are going to accomplish here.
Go Back To Science, Technology & Nature Topic List
Prev1525354
Closed New Topic New Poll