d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Science, Technology & Nature >
Poll > Flat Earth Vs Globe Earth
Prev15152535455119Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 260.11
May 26 2017 09:14pm
Quote (ChivasRegal @ May 26 2017 08:46pm)
are you trolling right now?

No. You just don't understand gravity, like, at all.

Gravity pulls you to the center of the earth. If you are not accelerating against gravity you will travel in a circle around the gravitating object, because you have to put energy in to get further away from it.
Gold: 174.69
May 26 2017 09:31pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ May 27 2017 12:44pm)
No. You just don't understand gravity, like, at all.

Gravity pulls you to the center of the earth. If you are not accelerating against gravity you will travel in a circle around the gravitating object, because you have to put energy in to get further away from it.

that doesn't make any sense at all...

how does a helium balloon float up into the sky if gravity is pulling it to the ground?
how do hang gliders leap off a cliff and fly straight out? shouldn't gravity just pull them straight down to bottom of cliff?
gravity is automatically dipping the nose of every single aeroplane in the world, every second it is in the air? you truly believe this????
Gold: 7,271.48
May 26 2017 09:33pm
There's others forces also acting in all of those situations ...
Gold: 280.69
May 26 2017 10:10pm
Quote (ChivasRegal @ May 26 2017 09:31pm)

how does a helium balloon float up into the sky if gravity is pulling it to the ground?
how do hang gliders leap off a cliff and fly straight out? shouldn't gravity just pull them straight down to bottom of cliff?
gravity is automatically dipping the nose of every single aeroplane in the world, every second it is in the air? you truly believe this????

faster than every second... that's why the invention of Airplanes happened only recently, you have to compensate the drop of the plane from gravity by manipulating the air itself by using a functioning wing... we just call it "Lift"

This post was edited by caswallen on May 26 2017 10:12pm
May 26 2017 10:27pm
Quote (caswallen @ May 27 2017 01:40pm)
faster than every second... that's why the invention of Airplanes happened only recently, you have to compensate the drop of the plane from gravity by manipulating the air itself by using a functioning wing... we just call it "Lift"

now I know you are trolling
Gold: 1,261.00
May 26 2017 10:38pm
Quote (ChivasRegal @ May 26 2017 08:31pm)

Balloon floats because gravity is pulling on the air harder than it's pulling on the balloon. The same reason why a person on one end of a seesaw will rise if a heavier person sits on the other end. A balloon full helium is lighter than an equivalent volume of air, so the air takes its place and pushes it up.
Gravity does pull hang gliders down, but they are designed to maximize air resistance and create lift while moving, so they fall very very slowly. Hopefully you believe in air resistance, since it's easily shown even with lateral movements that have nothing to do with gravity.
Well, gravity is pulling every airplane down. Whether it's tipping the nose depends on the center of gravity and where other forces are applied to the airplane.

This post was edited by russian on May 26 2017 10:39pm
May 26 2017 10:52pm
Quote (russian @ May 27 2017 02:08pm)
Balloon floats because gravity is pulling on the air harder than it's pulling on the balloon. The same reason why a person on one end of a seesaw will rise if a heavier person sits on the other end. A balloon full helium is lighter than an equivalent volume of air, so the air takes its place and pushes it up.
Gravity does pull hang gliders down, but they are designed to maximize air resistance and create lift while moving, so they fall very very slowly. Hopefully you believe in air resistance, since it's easily shown even with lateral movements that have nothing to do with gravity.
Well, gravity is pulling every airplane down. Whether it's tipping the nose depends on the center of gravity and where other forces are applied to the airplane.

it's incredible.....every single example i can give.....gravity is doing it somehow.....gravity is literally the answer to everything
how convenient

gonna try it out the next time my boss asks me why i was late for work "sorry boss, gravity slowed my car down....you know how it is"
Gold: 10,844.00
May 26 2017 11:23pm
Quote (ChivasRegal @ May 26 2017 11:52pm)
it's incredible.....every single example i can give.....gravity is doing it somehow.....gravity is literally the answer to everything
how convenient

gonna try it out the next time my boss asks me why i was late for work "sorry boss, gravity slowed my car down....you know how it is"

How you don't understand simple gravity is beyond us. You'd rather hand wave and make up this nonsense.
Gold: 5,168.97
May 27 2017 12:31am
Quote (ChivasRegal @ May 27 2017 03:45am)

Thanks for drawing this out for me, although I didn't ask for that.

Can you please show me the math that explains why the plane would fly off into space instead of following the curve of earth? That was actually my question.
May 27 2017 01:21am
Quote (Leevee @ May 27 2017 04:01pm)
Thanks for drawing this out for me, although I didn't ask for that.

Can you please show me the math that explains why the plane would fly off into space instead of following the curve of earth? That was actually my question.

what is the math formula for placing an apple in your mouth, taking a bite, chewing it thirteen times and swallowing it???????

I'm telling you to LOOK with your own eyes at the pilot flying the plane with the controls in his hands.....why do you need a maths equation to do this?

does a pilot not have to dip his nose to start a descent and land the plane?
according to ur logic, a pilot just needs to hold the plane steady and flat and gravity will simply land the plane right?
Go Back To Science, Technology & Nature Topic List
Prev15152535455119Next
Closed New Topic New Poll