d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Science, Technology & Nature >
Poll > The Case For Electromagnetic Universe > + Other Heresy Against The Establishment
Prev1515253545562Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 9,765.00
Warn: 60%
Aug 10 2016 11:47am
Quote (Thor123422 @ Aug 10 2016 06:27am)
The alternative is what? Manufacturing and installing a million bar magnets per acre?

So you've already done cost analysis - what is the cost to magnetize iron? Could this effect be also done with a small charge in copper wire? Over what time period have you factored the cost for?

what's that? - you're just a shit for brains making biased assumptions without any data? Thanks for confirming that.

This post was edited by card_sultan on Aug 10 2016 11:49am
Gold: 299.20
Aug 10 2016 12:18pm
Quote (card_sultan @ Aug 10 2016 02:39am)
That's exactly what I am saying, if there was proof of gravity - i would have no issue with accepting sphere Earth
Therefore i have to consider flat Earth as well, and surprising, they have more proof

Did you read my post? I just told you there is simply no "proof" for anything. Not even for flat earth.
Besides that I still have the opinion that most of the actual models (including gravity) describe our observations much better.
Actually using these physics leads to less arguments for a flat earth in comparison to a globe. So if you want to convince me and others to believe in a flat earth you should come up with some new physics that would make sense.

Not a fan of B+W thinking, so i found it confusing how someone can live 100% in either of those beliefs and consider they have a right to insult other people who dont share their faith 100%

Here you go. Of course you can live 100% in that belief because it is what you believe. Concerning insults there is no point in it and usually just shows that someone doesn't know any way out because of the lack of arguments.
But your "beliefs" can change of course due to development in scientific research changes the existing models.
Aug 10 2016 01:04pm
Quote (ScotchBonnet @ Aug 10 2016 08:18am)
Did you read my post? I just told you there is simply no "proof" for anything. Not even for flat earth.
Besides that I still have the opinion that most of the actual models (including gravity) describe our observations much better.
Actually using these physics leads to less arguments for a flat earth in comparison to a globe. So if you want to convince me and others to believe in a flat earth you should come up with some new physics that would make sense.

Here you go. Of course you can live 100% in that belief because it is what you believe. Concerning insults there is no point in it and usually just shows that someone doesn't know any way out because of the lack of arguments.
But your "beliefs" can change of course due to development in scientific research changes the existing models.

Well your misunderstanding is acceptable - you simple believe Im a flat Earther because some said that?

I believe that gravity has not been proved and that heliocentricity is unlikely, there are actually hundreds of possibilities for understanding the nature of our Universe, thinking there is only 2 is a result of your limited black in white thinking and considering one possibility is not to have complete blind faith in it, as you mistakenly believe. If I read a book, Let's say In Cold Blood by Truman Capote and talk about how it was a good book - does that make me a mass murder, If i watched the film Dark knight and thought Health Ledger played the crap out of his fictional character, would that make me a psychopath like his character of the Joker, false assumptions are common for those without perspective.

I could do the same to you - watch

"Omg you dont believe in gravity 100% - stfu u Flat Earther moron" - see how easy it is - dont take the easy path in life, dont assume things, dont put people into a pigeonhole, and dont believe the shit gossip, cause that's what most people do.

This post was edited by card_sultan on Aug 10 2016 01:10pm
Aug 11 2016 02:30am
Quote (card_sultan @ Aug 10 2016 08:04pm)
I believe that gravity has not been proved and that heliocentricity is unlikely, there are actually hundreds of possibilities for understanding the nature of our Universe, thinking there is only 2 is a result of your limited black in white thinking and considering one possibility is not to have complete blind faith in it, as you mistakenly believe.

I never said there are only 2. I just talked about FE and globe because these are the only things ppl are talking about here right now.

If I read a book, Let's say In Cold Blood by Truman Capote and talk about how it was a good book - does that make me a mass murder, If i watched the film Dark knight and thought Health Ledger played the crap out of his fictional character, would that make me a psychopath like his character of the Joker, false assumptions are common for those without perspective.

This should answer the first part I responded to.

"Omg you dont believe in gravity 100% - stfu u Flat Earther moron" - see how easy it is - dont take the easy path in life, dont assume things, dont put people into a pigeonhole, and dont believe the shit gossip, cause that's what most people do.

Such silly insults you probably won't find in here from my side. Besides that humans always assume things. That is actually also a big part of science. When you start a theory you make some assumptions then you go and carry out the experiment and figure out if these were right. That is how progress is made.

So tell me then what you think the earth looks like.
Aug 11 2016 10:05am
Sounds like you never read a book on your own and have a limited perspective, show me a conspiracy video that is complete crap and then then me one that is pure fact, i would like to see you prove a negative and a positive, to prove you have perspective. if you can't, you should stick with the single form of propaganda you believe. If you want an example - ill prove that your understanding is small , you say "such sad silly insult" when its not even an insult, you just took half a sentence and thought it was the complete thought when in fact if you try to understand the complete sentence and thought you would see that it is an example to show you how you can brand someone with counteractive association by reinforcing negative stereotypes.

You say to tell you what the earth looks like - we'll show me prove of gravity and if you can't, the heliocentric model is unlikely isn't it, If the glove dont fit, you must acquit. And beside, if your believes are based on a single source of what i say you will never gain the perspective to make decision for yourself, just ones based off dissenting association and blind trust in hearing confirmation of your own bias.

If you wish to start learning, here's a 5 year old video that's a good place to start.

This post was edited by card_sultan on Aug 11 2016 10:13am
Gold: 445.00
Aug 11 2016 03:49pm
Quote (card_sultan @ Aug 11 2016 12:05pm)
Sounds like you never read a book on your own and have a limited perspective,

This is an example of how I feel you are close minded and not an intellectual.
Aug 11 2016 06:47pm
But didn't he first say false assumptions are common for those without perspective, so wasn't my reply just the use of irony? Didn't you just misjudge it and take it to be some kind of out of context insult without understanding the why? It never ceases to amaze me how someone can take a few words out of context , confuse them and assign a completely different meaning to them that is divergent from their original intent. Is it because you think you have the power to judge someone's entire life based off a few words you saw them say in a post if what they are saying is something that doesn't agree with your delusions. ? Ok let's play your thought out, how do you think intellectuals should be - completely playcative and agreeable to everyone's opinion? you know I dont assume i know the why, so perhaps you can explain your intent, i would enjoy hearing it.

Gold: 445.00
Aug 11 2016 07:16pm
Quote (card_sultan @ Aug 11 2016 08:47pm)
But didn't he first say false assumptions are common for those without perspective, so wasn't my reply just the use of irony? Didn't you just misjudge it and take it to be some kind of out of context insult without understanding the why? It never ceases to amaze me how someone can take a few words out of context , confuse them and assign a completely different meaning to them that is divergent from their original intent. Is it because you think you have the power to judge someone's entire life based off a few words you saw them say in a post if what they are saying is something that doesn't agree with your delusions. ? Ok let's play your thought out, how do you think intellectuals should be - completely playcative and agreeable to everyone's opinion? you know I dont assume i know the why, so perhaps you can explain your intent, i would enjoy hearing it.

No, please google irony and tell me how the definition is even related to what you said. An out of context insult is an insult.

It never ceases to amaze me how stupid people can be. This is an example of the insults you are claiming to be ironic.

No, I'm not judging your whole life. I'm judging you now based on your responses.

And no, I don't care to explain. I don't need to respond to a long winded reply of no consequence when I've already formulated my opinion.

This post was edited by ROM on Aug 11 2016 07:16pm
Aug 11 2016 08:05pm
Quote (ROM @ Aug 11 2016 03:16pm)
No, please google irony and tell me how the definition is even related to what you said. An out of context insult is an insult.

It never ceases to amaze me how stupid people can be. This is an example of the insults you are claiming to be ironic.

No, I'm not judging your whole life. I'm judging you now based on your responses.

And no, I don't care to explain. I don't need to respond to a long winded reply of no consequence when I've already formulated my opinion.

i'm just using the same thought he did and I suggest you reread his comment and see which words he bolded, and see how your opinion is complete bullshit.

If an out of context insult is an insult and he did it to imply his intent and you misunderstood my intent, how is that not showing that most lack any real perspective?

You should just stick to expressing your rage on playstation, i bet you kill things real good on there.

This post was edited by card_sultan on Aug 11 2016 08:19pm
Aug 12 2016 01:51am
Quote (card_sultan @ Aug 11 2016 05:05pm)
Sounds like you never read a book on your own and have a limited perspective, show me a conspiracy video that is complete crap and then then me one that is pure fact, i would like to see you prove a negative and a positive, to prove you have perspective. if you can't, you should stick with the single form of propaganda you believe. If you want an example - ill prove that your understanding is small , you say "such sad silly insult" when its not even an insult, you just took half a sentence and thought it was the complete thought when in fact if you try to understand the complete sentence and thought you would see that it is an example to show you how you can brand someone with counteractive association by reinforcing negative stereotypes.

I can't emphasize how true your statement is: false assumptions are common for those without perspective. That post just nails it. Just wow...
Concerning the insults. If you would read my post carefully and understand it in the context you would have recognized that I just stated I am not going to insult people here in general (btw I actually quoted the whole sentence and not only a part of it...)

You say to tell you what the earth looks like - we'll show me prove of gravity and if you can't, the heliocentric model is unlikely isn't it, If the glove dont fit, you must acquit. And beside, if your believes are based on a single source of what i say you will never gain the perspective to make decision for yourself, just ones based off dissenting association and blind trust in hearing confirmation of your own bias.

If you wish to start learning, here's a 5 year old video that's a good place to start.

Well that doesn't answer my question. I asked you something specific and you are not even answering, just dodging (and between the lines still insulting me if you didn't notice)
When I ask you for your point of view what the earth looks like then it is not my duty to give you a proof of gravity. If you can't tell me from your perspective what the earth should look like without gravity then isn't it unlikely that there is no gravity? (just using your kind of logic)
Besides that the heliocentric model has in the first place nothing to do with what is the shape of the earth.

Go Back To Science, Technology & Nature Topic List
Prev1515253545562Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll