d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Science, Technology & Nature >
Poll > Flat Earth Vs Globe Earth
Prev14950515253119Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 17,384.69
May 26 2017 07:13am
ahah look what i found guys :lol: :rofl:

Gold: 174.69
May 26 2017 08:35am
Quote (kai_jph @ May 26 2017 09:35pm)
If you don't mind me asking, how did you come by the realization that the earth was flat?
What scientific documentation convinced you?

I wanted to shut up these annoying people who said the earth was flat. So I decided to roll up my sleeves and do some serious research and get the hard facts to debunk the FE theory.
I had to start by finding out what the FE theory meant first, and when I started to look at what they believed in, I would say to myself "Well hang on, that can't be right, science has told us this ...."
so then I had to go back and see how this is explained by science, then I would see how FE theory explains it, and consider which explanation made more sense.
Then I would move to the next issue on the FE list and repeat the research and explanations, and so on and so on.
This took weeks, not just a few hours or a day or two. The hardest part by far, for me personally, was understanding the visual perspective or optical perspective.

Back in the 90's, there was a huge craze about these 3D pictures that came out. I would stare at these things for hours, and I could never see this "image" that was supposed to jump out at the viewer and reveal what they were looking at.
I never could see them, much to my frustration, and I wonder if this is why I struggled with the optical perspective subject.

You guys in this thread seem to think that I or card, can show you one link that has all the answers and indisputable proof about the FE theory. There isn't one. It takes a long time of researching MANY different subjects that all relate to the FE.
Every hour you spend doing genuine research, helps you to put the small piece of the giant puzzle together. You will not believe in the FE until all those pieces have completed the puzzle. If you have missing pieces, then it means you have to keep
researching until you can find the answer. If you bitch and moan and say "I can't find a reasonable explanation to this xxxxx issue" then you haven't done enough research. Don't get angry if you don't understand it, just keep trying.
I was rocking up to work with just a few hours sleep, day after day, because I was up all night, obsessed with trying to fit all the pieces to the FE puzzle. Researching like crazy, having to try to sift through all the BS that is rampant in the FE subject.
Gold: 10,844.00
May 26 2017 08:45am
Quote (ChivasRegal @ May 26 2017 09:35am)
I wanted to shut up these annoying people who said the earth was flat. So I decided to roll up my sleeves and do some serious research and get the hard facts to debunk the FE theory.
I had to start by finding out what the FE theory meant first, and when I started to look at what they believed in, I would say to myself "Well hang on, that can't be right, science has told us this ...."
so then I had to go back and see how this is explained by science, then I would see how FE theory explains it, and consider which explanation made more sense.
Then I would move to the next issue on the FE list and repeat the research and explanations, and so on and so on.
This took weeks, not just a few hours or a day or two. The hardest part by far, for me personally, was understanding the visual perspective or optical perspective.

Back in the 90's, there was a huge craze about these 3D pictures that came out. I would stare at these things for hours, and I could never see this "image" that was supposed to jump out at the viewer and reveal what they were looking at.
I never could see them, much to my frustration, and I wonder if this is why I struggled with the optical perspective subject.

You guys in this thread seem to think that I or card, can show you one link that has all the answers and indisputable proof about the FE theory. There isn't one. It takes a long time of researching MANY different subjects that all relate to the FE.
Every hour you spend doing genuine research, helps you to put the small piece of the giant puzzle together. You will not believe in the FE until all those pieces have completed the puzzle. If you have missing pieces, then it means you have to keep
researching until you can find the answer. If you bitch and moan and say "I can't find a reasonable explanation to this xxxxx issue" then you haven't done enough research. Don't get angry if you don't understand it, just keep trying.
I was rocking up to work with just a few hours sleep, day after day, because I was up all night, obsessed with trying to fit all the pieces to the FE puzzle. Researching like crazy, having to try to sift through all the BS that is rampant in the FE subject.

I cant find one single shred of evidence to suggest FE theory as plausible. I'd love to hear scientific explanation that could could entice me to research another. He asked you a question yet you still didn't mention what the first discovery was that turned you. Please provide examples.

As I see it FE theory is just another joke of a theory presented by a bunch of idiots who like spew on about science they know nothing about.

This post was edited by Xx Shin3d0wn xX on May 26 2017 08:47am
Gold: 5,168.97
May 26 2017 08:47am
Quote (ChivasRegal @ May 26 2017 04:35pm)

Not really. We ask for just one explanation of one fact that would show the world cannot be a sphere. You don't have to explain everything, you just have to post one correct argument for once.

500 posts and counting, and we are still waiting.

This post was edited by Leevee on May 26 2017 08:48am
Gold: 1,261.00
May 26 2017 09:11am
Quote (card_sultan @ May 25 2017 08:15pm)
Fe is Geocentrism - the belief the sun is small and close and oscillates around the Earth

http://time.com/7809/1-in-4-americans-thinks-sun-orbits-earth/

But Geocentrism is not FE. Believing that the Sun revolves around the Earth (as stupid as that is) does not mean they believe the Earth is flat. Every single person in that poll could potentially knows that the Earth is spherical.

Quote (ChivasRegal @ May 26 2017 04:12am)
I've been curious for a while now, about how the FE theory got out and suddenly exploded on the internet after centuries of little or no knowledge of it to the general public.

My best guess is, it was one of the Elite (the 1%), either an Elder who was on his death bed and wanted to clear his conscious, or a disillusioned member who secretly leaked the info that he knew would make people start researching in the right places.

Oh those Elders, always up to no good with their shenanigans. Or am I think of Eldars?

In reality it's just another fleeting craze. Essentially a meme, an idea that's gone viral and is the popular topic right now. These are almost always flash-in-the-pan kind of things, they suddenly explode into huge popularity and just as suddenly die. Remember how stocking up on food and water, and building bunkers was cool in 2012? And how everyone and their dog was visiting Mayan ruins in Mexico? Educated people rolled their eyes at the predicted apocalypse just like they roll their eyes now at the flat earth theory, but it didn't stop the idea from becoming hugely popular with the general public.
Gold: 174.69
May 26 2017 09:41am
Quote (Leevee @ May 27 2017 12:17am)
Not really. We ask for just one explanation of one fact that would show the world cannot be a sphere. You don't have to explain everything, you just have to post one correct argument for once.

just one explanation? that is easy. Will cost you some $ though.
Ask for a small engine pilot course or some kind of chartered tourist flight where you are sitting in the cockpit next to the pilot. (So you can see the proof with your own eyes)
Make sure you know the destination you are flying to and the distance (it will need to be something significant where, not just going around in a circle and then landing)
Once the pilot has reached cruising altitude, watch him closely and verify for yourself that he does NOT dip the nose with the steering wheel every few mins (to compensate for the alleged curve that isn't there)
you know the math, the plane should be getting higher and higher into the atmosphere when holding a straight flight pattern as the earth curves away beneath you right?
You need to see this experiment with your own eyes, if the plane never dips, it is flying over a flat landmass below, that cannot have a curve
Gold: 1,261.00
May 26 2017 10:15am
Quote (ChivasRegal @ May 26 2017 08:41am)
Ask for a small engine pilot course or some kind of chartered tourist flight where you are sitting in the cockpit next to the pilot. (So you can see the proof with your own eyes)
Make sure you know the destination you are flying to and the distance (it will need to be something significant where, not just going around in a circle and then landing)
Once the pilot has reached cruising altitude, watch him closely and verify for yourself that he does NOT dip the nose with the steering wheel every few mins (to compensate for the alleged curve that isn't there)
you know the math, the plane should be getting higher and higher into the atmosphere when holding a straight flight pattern as the earth curves away beneath you right?
You need to see this experiment with your own eyes, if the plane never dips, it is flying over a flat landmass below, that cannot have a curve

Riiight. So if the Earth is flat, there are still hills on it, right? And if I'm driving up a hill in my car and then reach the hilltop, do I have to dip the nose of my car down to avoid flying off into space? Did I just prove that hills don't exist and every road is perfectly flat?

Aircraft don't fly by magic, they will fall down just like a car if something isn't pushing them up. For cars that's the road surface, for aircraft it's the air. A leveled aircraft will follow the density of air it's in, because that's what's giving it lift. If it started climbing into lower-pressure air, it would lose lift and fall back down to where it was, which is basically what happens every microsecond.
Although it would be kinda good if airplanes could just fly off into space on their own. We wouldn't need ridiculously expensive and complex rockets, we'd just put some astronauts into an old crop duster and tell them not to dip the nose. Boom, they are now on the ISS at the cost of like, what, a couple grand? Screw NASA, I could work a couple weekends overtime and launch my own space mission.
Gold: 10,844.00
May 26 2017 10:18am
Quote (ChivasRegal @ May 26 2017 10:41am)

Ignore gravity, the weight of the plane, wind friction, and aerodynamics because things apparently "just fly" with no sorts of resistance. You guys and your "scientific" arguments which just seem to continue to forget or ignore as if other fundamental laws exist.
Gold: 6.69
May 26 2017 11:39am
Quote (ChivasRegal @ May 26 2017 04:35pm)
post 502

Quote (Leevee @ May 26 2017 04:47pm)

This ^

(for example) In this thread...

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=76076473&f=27&o=90

...you made this statement

Quote (ChivasRegal @ Apr 21 2017 03:25pm)
I personally believe 100% that we have some type of glass or crystal firmament above our flat earth.
The stars are attached to the dome (I am unsure if they are attached inside the dome or outside though, leaning more to inside)
There is water above the dome, which is why the sky looks blue during the day and also explains how the great flood with Noah & the Ark is explained.

I asked for scientific proof to which you replied
http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=76076473&f=27&o=140

Quote (ChivasRegal @ Apr 23 2017 01:25am)
No idea.....it was created by God, it wasn't made in China

Scientific proof and documentation from a credible source or person outside youtube?
How does the water above the dome not slip off?

The Book of Enoch (for source)
and the dome is submerged under the water, not trickling down the sides.
search "Rob Skiba" he has created a computer simulated model of the flat earth under the dome with the water above. He created that, based on the information described in the Book of Enoch.

So now my question is Why must people believe the dome theory you proposed?
If you can prove this one fact with credible scientific documentation outside youtube (like I said) it will do

This post was edited by kai_jph on May 26 2017 11:40am
Gold: 5,168.97
May 26 2017 01:14pm
Quote (ChivasRegal @ May 26 2017 05:41pm)

Great. I agree that the pilot is not tipping the nozzle down, so you're right about that. You're halfway there. What's missing is the math: if global earth were true, can you explain to us why the pilot would have to tip the plane's nozzle down, instead of being able to rely on gravity to keep the plane at a certain level?

Thanks a lot for your reply, by the way. This is really getting somewhere.
Go Back To Science, Technology & Nature Topic List
Prev14950515253119Next
Closed New Topic New Poll