d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Science, Technology & Nature > Flat Earth Vs Globe Earth > Why Or Why Not?
Prev1495051525354Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
Gold: 4.77
Aug 5 2016 01:50am
Quote (card_sultan @ 4 Aug 2016 16:50)
The Flat Earth is round silly. Mount Everest's peak is 8,848 metres above sea level. That's 3 dimensions - x, y, z. They say time is the fourth Dimension and i suspect and since we live in the past we can only strive to understand it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTOODPf-iuc

Shit I'm 6'6",
no wonder I'm livin in ancient Greece.
Gold: 9,765.00
Warn: 60%
Aug 5 2016 02:28am
Quote (MaliceMizer @ Aug 5 2016 02:50am)
Shit I'm 6'6",
no wonder I'm livin in ancient Greece.

well careful you don't hit your head when you come out of inner Earth.
Gold: 5.00
Aug 5 2016 05:01am
Quote (card_sultan @ Jul 30 2016 12:31pm)
So explain why this effect doesn't happen over land? Is this "horizon" when viewed over water just a mirage and a trick of refraction cause of all the build up of evaporation?

no

it happens because the planet is fucking round

Edit - Also, boats don't sail on land genius

This post was edited by Asexual on Aug 5 2016 05:02am
Aug 5 2016 11:54am
Quote (Asexual @ Aug 5 2016 06:01am)
no

it happens because the planet is fucking round

Edit - Also, boats don't sail on land genius

it has nothing to do with the boat, its refraction caused by water evaporating, silly person.
Gold: 5.00
Aug 5 2016 03:19pm
Quote (card_sultan @ Aug 5 2016 01:54pm)
http://cdn.bluewaterboats.org/gallery/flicka-20/flicka20-seahorse-trailer.jpg

it has nothing to do with the boat, its refraction caused by water evaporating, silly person.

That boat is not sailing, it's parked on a trailer
If you can't figure out the difference no wonder you think the earth is flat and gravity is space magic

This post was edited by Asexual on Aug 5 2016 03:19pm
Gold: 4.77
Aug 5 2016 07:33pm
Quote (card_sultan @ 5 Aug 2016 03:28)
well careful you don't hit your head when you come out of inner Earth.

Woke up too fast and bonked my head.
When I conduct a fearless moral inventory in introspection, all I find is a being trapped in the center of the earth that wants out.

This post was edited by MaliceMizer on Aug 5 2016 07:34pm
Aug 5 2016 10:41pm
Quote (Asexual @ Aug 5 2016 04:19pm)
That boat is not sailing, it's parked on a trailer
If you can't figure out the difference no wonder you think the earth is flat and gravity is space magic

Gravity was made for people like you who learned nothing in life, whether the boat is sailing or not has nothing to do with the your determination of why this effect is only visible over water. If the planet was a sphere (the Flat Earth is round too) this horizon effect would still happen over land, the fact you think they are not related tells me you're simply unable to make even basic connections and try to cover up that fact by being rude. You really need to keep your job as a bus driver, or whatever job it is where you don't have to deal with other people. If you have a point, plz state it, but i doubt you'll be able to come up with one of those.

This post was edited by card_sultan on Aug 5 2016 11:06pm
Gold: 3,618.00
Aug 6 2016 11:09am
Ok so let me ask you then, why is the Earth rotating around the Sun? Why is the Moon rotating around the Earth?

I hope we can agree on simple facts here: the Earth itself is moving at a certain speed, just like the moon is moving at a certain speed. Now what ''prevents'' them from just moving in straight line through space? Whats giving the orbital shape of the Earth trajectory around the sun?

Take a string and attach something to it. No hold the string in your hand and make it spin so the object you attached to it rotates fast around your hand. Its pretty obvious that the string is preventing the object from moving in a straight line. While a force is giving the object a certain speed (your hand spinning it), we can agree that an other force is preventing it from going in a straight line, which could be considered as something making it come back towards the center of rotation every instant. If the string wasnt there, we can agree that the trajectory of the object would be different.. well I hope.

So if we come back to the case of the Earth around the Sun, theres obviously no string between the two, but something seems to make the Earth constantly come back towards the Sun. If that wasnt the case, the Earth would be moving in a straight line.

How do you explain that? To reiterate my initial question: why is the Earth rotating around the Sun?
Gold: 11,295.00
Aug 6 2016 11:31am
Quote (Boblacolle @ 6 Aug 2016 20:09)
Ok so let me ask you then, why is the Earth rotating around the Sun? Why is the Moon rotating around the Earth?

I hope we can agree on simple facts here: the Earth itself is moving at a certain speed, just like the moon is moving at a certain speed. Now what ''prevents'' them from just moving in straight line through space? Whats giving the orbital shape of the Earth trajectory around the sun?

Take a string and attach something to it. No hold the string in your hand and make it spin so the object you attached to it rotates fast around your hand. Its pretty obvious that the string is preventing the object from moving in a straight line. While a force is giving the object a certain speed (your hand spinning it), we can agree that an other force is preventing it from going in a straight line, which could be considered as something making it come back towards the center of rotation every instant. If the string wasnt there, we can agree that the trajectory of the object would be different.. well I hope.

So if we come back to the case of the Earth around the Sun, theres obviously no string between the two, but something seems to make the Earth constantly come back towards the Sun. If that wasnt the case, the Earth would be moving in a straight line.

How do you explain that? To reiterate my initial question: why is the Earth rotating around the Sun?

In his theory the earth is not moving around the sun, its going upwards propelled by fairies and there r two sets of light bulps illuminating us on a daily basis, swithing on and off periodically . Dont ask about the stars and the moon, its a secret.

Happy we got that straightened up ;)

Btw, earth is flat... Wake up!
Aug 6 2016 11:50am
Quote (Boblacolle @ Aug 6 2016 12:09pm)

Can you prove the earth is rotating the sun - well if you believe Gravity is proven you are mistaken. Gravity can be disproved in many ways, If the earth is spinning at 1000mph and orbiting around the sun at 66,600mph and revolving around the galaxy at 450,000mph and expanding into space at 1/2 the speed of light and gravity is keeping the air in the atmosphere stuck to it and since all this movement is in a certain direction then explain how a plane traveling in the opposite direction does not need to account for this force. The earth is not moving and you need the earth to be moving to believe in gravity and the big bang and continue your indoctrination into believing the way things are, change is bad right?

Quote (luckspin @ Aug 6 2016 12:31pm)
In his theory the earth is not moving around the sun, its going upwards propelled by fairies and there r two sets of light bulps illuminating us on a daily basis, swithing on and off periodically . Dont ask about the stars and the moon, its a secret.

Happy we got that straightened up ;)

Btw, earth is flat... Wake up!

Proved you know nothing, good job.

How is not convincing you, who provide no facts at all but are here just to mock - prove that you're not just a complete troll?

How bout instead of being an idiot, you actually try to explain things for once.

here's a nice short video for you to either to either try or fail, my guess is that you will fail like everything you do in life.

This post was edited by card_sultan on Aug 6 2016 12:06pm
Go Back To Science, Technology & Nature Topic List
Prev1495051525354Next
Closed New Topic New Poll