d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Science, Technology & Nature > Physicists Think They Might Have Just Detected > A Fifth Force Of Nature
Prev14567810Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 9,765.00
Warn: 60%
Jun 24 2016 02:45pm
Quote (majorblood @ Jun 24 2016 12:25am)
a constant force would imply the object would be constantly accelerating

/e what is causing the force due to gravity in the flat earth model?

No, a constant force implies the object would be consistently experiencing acceleration,(the mechanical definition of acceleration) not constantly accelerating.

I honestly dont know any pure Flat Earth theory which states the earth is moving at all. I saw a Vsauce video where he claimed it did, I think he was referring to Cube theory which believes the Earth is a construct of Saturn and we are either living in the matrix or end up going to the matrix.

So if you want to know , id ask Vsauce - although he will never admit he made a mistake.

Quote (Azrad @ Jun 24 2016 01:17pm)
A few months ago he was arguing that the Earth experiences/creates gravity (but was arguing that rocks do not). Now he argues that the Earth doesn't have gravity. He's trolling.

Nope - a few months ago - I wasn't even arguing flat earth nor did i ever believe that Flat earth has gravity. I think you're conflating your hate with some video you saw. there are many good Doctors that can help you with making those important distinctions in distinguishing reality.

This post was edited by card_sultan on Jun 24 2016 02:48pm
Gold: Locked
Warn: 20%
Jun 24 2016 04:16pm
http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=73886010&f=90&p=500481135 card_sultan admits to trolling about flat earth

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=73886010&f=90&p=499394665 card_sultan admits to planets having gravity
Quote (card_sultan @ Jan 27 2016 03:50pm)
The only thing that has gravity are Heavenly bodies like suns, planets, stars...

he's just trolling, again

Jun 24 2016 06:19pm
Quote (Azrad @ Jun 24 2016 05:16pm)
http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=73886010&f=90&p=500481135 card_sultan admits to trolling about flat earth

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=73886010&f=90&p=499394665 card_sultan admits to planets having gravity

he's just trolling, again

well that was before I learned it was all a lie, I guess you profess you can never change your beliefs from the time you were born or you deserve to die or something? Everyone I met in Flat Earth, tried to debunk it and refused to believe it at first. Heliocentricity has only been around since basically Newton and he even said it was a crazy theory that would only be true if gravity was real and sadly - no one has ever been able to prove gravity exists. Geocentricity has been around for at least 5-7k years and although some think it can be debunked by making some ridiculous statements of lies and mistruth - it will never be debunked and around long after i leave.

This post was edited by card_sultan on Jun 24 2016 06:23pm
Gold: 5,388.33
Jun 24 2016 08:53pm
Quote (card_sultan @ Jun 24 2016 12:45pm)
No, a constant force implies the object would be consistently experiencing acceleration,(the mechanical definition of acceleration) not constantly accelerating.

I honestly dont know any pure Flat Earth theory which states the earth is moving at all. I saw a Vsauce video where he claimed it did, I think he was referring to Cube theory which believes the Earth is a construct of Saturn and we are either living in the matrix or end up going to the matrix.

So if you want to know , id ask Vsauce - although he will never admit he made a mistake.

Nope - a few months ago - I wasn't even arguing flat earth nor did i ever believe that Flat earth has gravity. I think you're conflating your hate with some video you saw. there are many good Doctors that can help you with making those important distinctions in distinguishing reality.

I don't remember if you are a flat earther or not.
The acceleration thing is confusing on a semantics level, I agree consistently accelerating would be a better way to phrase it -- not experiencing a jerk.

Quote (card_sultan @ Jun 24 2016 04:19pm)
well that was before I learned it was all a lie, I guess you profess you can never change your beliefs from the time you were born or you deserve to die or something? Everyone I met in Flat Earth, tried to debunk it and refused to believe it at first. Heliocentricity has only been around since basically Newton and he even said it was a crazy theory that would only be true if gravity was real and sadly - no one has ever been able to prove gravity exists.Geocentricity has been around for at least 5-7k years and although some think it can be debunked by making some ridiculous statements of lies and mistruth - it will never be debunked and around long after i leave.

Newton saying this means nothing, Newton had a lot of good ideas and a lot of equally bad ideas.
There are countless experiments to verify the existence of gravity.

The period of time something was believed to be true says nothing of its validity.

This post was edited by majorblood on Jun 24 2016 08:57pm
Gold: 7,271.48
Jun 24 2016 09:42pm
Quote (card_sultan @ Jun 24 2016 06:19pm)
well that was before I learned it was all a lie, I guess you profess you can never change your beliefs from the time you were born or you deserve to die or something? Everyone I met in Flat Earth, tried to debunk it and refused to believe it at first. Heliocentricity has only been around since basically Newton and he even said it was a crazy theory that would only be true if gravity was real and sadly - no one has ever been able to prove gravity exists. Geocentricity has been around for at least 5-7k years and although some think it can be debunked by making some ridiculous statements of lies and mistruth - it will never be debunked and around long after i leave.

Much longer I'm sure hundreds of thousands of years, since the first humans had a glimmer of self awareness and spark of abstract thought. And yea it will be around as long as people like you who would be more suited to rubing sticks in a cave to make fire perpetuate Stone Age thinking.

Jun 24 2016 10:17pm
Quote (majorblood @ Jun 24 2016 09:53pm)
I don't remember if you are a flat earther or not.
The acceleration thing is confusing on a semantics level, I agree consistently accelerating would be a better way to phrase it -- not experiencing a jerk.

Newton saying this means nothing, Newton had a lot of good ideas and a lot of equally bad ideas.
There are countless experiments to verify the existence of gravity.

The period of time something was believed to be true says nothing of its validity.

I like the FE theory because , I find inconsistencies in every Religion and most atheist theories and this one is essentially supporting neither. Is it 100% true, well idk - haven't looked into every aspect but nothing is ever 100%.

As for experiments that prove gravity, I only know of the Cavendish one and it's a joke. If you could name an experiment that proves gravity is real, then I would be very interested.

I only know of ones that are very repeatable and prove gravity is not real. The only proof that the world is a ball is from Nasa, so all the Math that assumes it's a ball, is nothing more than mere assumption - it just uses circular logic and hopes you get dizzy and just accept it.

Every conceivable argument that people use to think it's a ball is easily dismissed, I'd like to find one that isn't - but i can't and I tried. This is why every youtube comment about Flat Earth resorts to "OMG, you stupid idiot bible retard" which is funny because most FE's are converted atheists who see where and how and why the Lie was made, why it is hidden, why History has tried to destroy it, and still it wont go away.

Everything really just makes sense. The best designs are the simplest ones, Humans are not random pieces of space dust whose lives are just meaningless. Resistance is not futile - your struggles are real and important.

No one said it better than Wernher Von Braun, former Nazi scientist whom Nasa called "without doubt, the greatest rocket scientist in history" when on his gravestone he told everyone where to look.

Look it up.
Gold: 5,388.33
Jun 25 2016 12:15am
Quote (card_sultan @ Jun 24 2016 08:17pm)
I like the FE theory because , I find inconsistencies in every Religion and most atheist theories and this one is essentially supporting neither. Is it 100% true, well idk - haven't looked into every aspect but nothing is ever 100%.

As for experiments that prove gravity, I only know of the Cavendish one and it's a joke. If you could name an experiment that proves gravity is real, then I would be very interested.

I only know of ones that are very repeatable and prove gravity is not real. The only proof that the world is a ball is from Nasa, so all the Math that assumes it's a ball, is nothing more than mere assumption - it just uses circular logic and hopes you get dizzy and just accept it.

Every conceivable argument that people use to think it's a ball is easily dismissed, I'd like to find one that isn't - but i can't and I tried. This is why every youtube comment about Flat Earth resorts to "OMG, you stupid idiot bible retard" which is funny because most FE's are converted atheists who see where and how and why the Lie was made, why it is hidden, why History has tried to destroy it, and still it wont go away.

Everything really just makes sense. The best designs are the simplest ones, Humans are not random pieces of space dust whose lives are just meaningless. Resistance is not futile - your struggles are real and important.

No one said it better than Wernher Von Braun, former Nazi scientist whom Nasa called "without doubt, the greatest rocket scientist in history" when on his gravestone he told everyone where to look.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/assets/img/von-braun/image-06-large.jpg

Look it up.

spherical earth isn't an atheist theory.. what does not believing in a god have to do with geometry? this is high level lunacy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tests_of_general_relativity many are listed here, and there are many more available from basic research if you are that interested

what are some experiments that prove general relativity false? Math does not use circular logic, what makes you believe this? You can observe other planets, or the moon, yourself. What makes you think that the Earth is flat but all these other planets are spherical?

Why do you think all of NASA, Space-X, Russia, China, France, Japan, China, UK, India, Russia, Ukraine, Israel, Iran and anyone else involved in sending a satellite or person into space, are all in some grand conspiracy? How is this even plausible and for what gain?

The most simple explanation would most definitely not be some grand conspiracy between countries and tens of thousands of employees, it would be accepting the fact that Earth is spherical by observation and by the laws of physics.
Gold: 307.59
Jun 25 2016 06:36am
When people says gravity ain't real and/or that earth is flat, makes me wanna stitch their mouths

This post was edited by LordSinfriends on Jun 25 2016 06:42am
Gold: 307.59
Jun 25 2016 06:41am
I'm seeing people defending helio/geo-centric theories using Start Trek's cube as a reference. LMAOLOL
Gold: 5,475.04
Jun 25 2016 10:11am
Gravity is debunked so there are still only 4 so everything is right with the universe
Go Back To Science, Technology & Nature Topic List
Prev14567810Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll