d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Science, Technology & Nature > Flat Earth Vs Globe Earth > Why Or Why Not?
Prev1474849505154Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
Gold: 5.00
Jul 29 2016 05:29pm
Quote (card_sultan @ Jul 29 2016 07:19pm)
I know, people complaining cause they liked science when they it was thought is completely boring and they that everything was settled.

It's like driving in your car and coming upon a horrible accident and the police are waving you to go by quickly "Move along, there's nothing to see, stop thinking, there is only boring rocks floating around space and you are just space dust."

duuuh - ok Mr Officer!

i made this list of how people lie to themselves in order to justify their anger, how do you like it?

10 Lies we tell ourselves about our expectation of others.

1. Since I must have the love and approval of others, other should speak only concerned with my love and approval.

2. Since I am perfect, your tiny mistake means you are a complete failure.

3. Since I must always doing the right thing, and if you ever do the wrong thing, you will be punished.

4. Life has been arranged to my liking, your ideas are just messing it up.

5. My happiness(unhappiness) is caused by external events, therefore I must control you.

6. I must worry about things that can be dangerous, unpleasant or frightening, therefore you must live in fear too.

7. I am happier if i can avoid life responsibilities, difficulties and unpleasantness, therefore you should too.

8. I must be upset when others have problems, I must be sad when others are unhappy.

9. I should not have to feel discomfort or anxiety, therefore people should only talk about things that make me happy.

10. There is only one solution to any issue, mine. And since you are not me, you must be wrong.

#10 fits you so well
Gold: 9,765.00
Warn: 60%
Jul 29 2016 05:34pm
Quote (Ghot @ Jul 29 2016 06:26pm)
Wow, can you say outta left field...or a completely different field all together. ^^

I try not to lie to myself, while others live inside the bubble they create. That list is not about me, it about how other people lie to themselves in order to justify remarks like yours.
Jul 29 2016 05:36pm
Quote (Asexual @ Jul 29 2016 06:29pm)
#10 fits you so well

I'm not the one with pure faith in Astro priests, angry that someone doesn't believe in them 100%, you fit the bill on that one.

This post was edited by card_sultan on Jul 29 2016 05:37pm
Jul 29 2016 05:41pm
Quote (card_sultan @ Jul 29 2016 07:36pm)
I'm not the one with pure faith in Astro priests, angry that someone doesn't believe in them 100%, you fit the bill on that one.

I just believe in what I believe in,

the truth
Jul 29 2016 05:48pm
Quote (Asexual @ Jul 29 2016 06:41pm)

the truth

I don't think pagan Sun Worship and blind faith is the answer, and the Truth is that gravity has never been proved. Whether or not you see that, is not my concern ultimately and i will not condemn you because of your opinions, but can you say the same thing?

This post was edited by card_sultan on Jul 29 2016 05:51pm
Gold: 7,271.48
Jul 29 2016 05:49pm
Quote (card_sultan @ Jul 29 2016 05:19pm)
I know, people complaining cause they liked science when they it was thought is completely boring and they that everything was settled.

It's like driving in your car and coming upon a horrible accident and the police are waving you to go by quickly "Move along, there's nothing to see, stop thinking, there is only boring rocks floating around space and you are just space dust."

duuuh - ok Mr Officer!

i made this list of how people lie to themselves in order to justify their anger, how do you like it?

10 Lies we tell ourselves about our expectation of others.

1. Since I must have the love and approval of others, other should speak only concerned with my love and approval.

2. Since I am perfect, your tiny mistake means you are a complete failure.

3. Since I must always doing the right thing, and if you ever do the wrong thing, you will be punished.

4. Life has been arranged to my liking, your ideas are just messing it up.

5. My happiness(unhappiness) is caused by external events, therefore I must control you.

6. I must worry about things that can be dangerous, unpleasant or frightening, therefore you must live in fear too.

7. I am happier if i can avoid life responsibilities, difficulties and unpleasantness, therefore you should too.

8. I must be upset when others have problems, I must be sad when others are unhappy.

9. I should not have to feel discomfort or anxiety, therefore people should only talk about things that make me happy.

10. There is only one solution to any issue, mine. And since you are not me, you must be wrong.

Assuming your not trolling this list indicates you have some issues. You should try work them out probably with the help of someone experienced with physiological issues. #8 is particularly troubling , that's called empathy, healthy people experience that. GL.
Jul 29 2016 05:56pm
Quote (card_sultan @ Jul 29 2016 07:48pm)
I don't think pagan Sun Worship and blind faith is the answer, and the Truth is that gravity has never been proved. Whether or not you see that, is not my concern ultimately and i will not condemn you because of your opinions, but can you say the same thing?

I said the earth is round

what are you talking about?
Jul 29 2016 06:04pm
Quote (remco6 @ Jul 29 2016 06:49pm)
Assuming your not trolling this list indicates you have some issues. You should try work them out probably with the help of someone experienced with physiological issues. #8 is particularly troubling , that's called empathy, healthy people experience that. GL.

I have butt loads of empathy, but empathy is not immediately feeling the same way as any person is feeling at a given moment, it is just recognizing that feeling and understanding what they are saying and listening, you know that evil feminine power of caring, stuff like that. If you're just copying someone else's feeling, you're faking your empathy and humanity. Like if you're with your GF and she starts crying, do you immediately start crying too? If you did, i don't think you would have a gf for long.

Quote (Asexual @ Jul 29 2016 06:56pm)
I said the earth is round

what are you talking about?

In both the Heliocentric Model and the Geocentric model , the earth is round, gravity is what makes the Earth a sphere. So let's think about that for a second - So there was this "big bang" and all the particles started shooting out at the speed of light, so what attracted the particles in the first place - because particles aren't even attracted to each other - especially if they are going in different directions, micro mass is not attracted to micro mass, this force you believe in, no one can explain, that sounds like faith to me.

This post was edited by card_sultan on Jul 29 2016 06:15pm
Gold: 4.77
Jul 29 2016 06:49pm
Quote (Asexual @ 29 Jul 2016 18:41)

the truth

All truths are but half truths.
Spirit will pervert science once again,
According to QM double slit and sacred water.
we're just ahead of the curve and as equally and oppositely obstinate to the New world order.

New world disorder disorder disorderrrrr

This post was edited by MaliceMizer on Jul 29 2016 06:50pm
Gold: Locked
Warn: 20%
Jul 29 2016 06:50pm
Quote (card_sultan @ Jul 29 2016 05:04pm)
micro mass is not attracted to micro mass
It is, remember the Cavendish experiment, you know the one you claimed has never been repeated even though is it repeated all the time?

Go Back To Science, Technology & Nature Topic List
Prev1474849505154Next
Closed New Topic New Poll