d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Science, Technology & Nature > Flat Earth Vs Globe Earth > Why Or Why Not?
Prev1464748495054Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
Gold: 4.77
Jul 29 2016 04:35pm
Quote (Hacintosh @ 29 Jul 2016 14:43)
This science section use to be good. It was a bit slow with not many new threads but they were normally good. Then you and card_sultan started coming in here and fucking it up with your nonsense. You guys should be ashamed. Keep your trolling in pard where it belongs.

Quote (Fooba @ 29 Jul 2016 15:46)
Congrats on being something more dense than my shit.

Baseless insults is all you bring to this section, apparently. How righteous of you. :rofl:

Quote (card_sultan @ 29 Jul 2016 17:05)
I guess science is not that boring of a topic anymore, questioning neo-Faith astro-science fiction is hard when so many are programmed to not question anything.

They have no depth so when we sow our seeds of doubt they become afraid, and lash out like thorny weeds.

"I perceive that, when an acorn and a chestnut fall side by side, the one does not remain inert to make way for the other, but both obey their own laws, and spring and grow and flourish as best they can, till one, perchance, overshadows and destroys the other. If a plant cannot live according to its nature, it dies; and so a man."
-Civil Disobedience

This post was edited by MaliceMizer on Jul 29 2016 04:38pm
Gold: 0.00
Jul 29 2016 04:39pm
Quote (MaliceMizer @ 29 Jul 2016 18:35)
Baseless insults is all you bring to this section, apparently. How righteous of you. :rofl:

They have no depth so when we sow our seeds of doubt they become afraid.

"I perceive that, when an acorn and a chestnut fall side by side, the one does not remain inert to make way for the other, but both obey their own laws, and spring and grow and flourish as best they can, till one, perchance, overshadows and destroys the other. If a plant cannot live according to its nature, it dies; and so a man."
-Civil Disobedience

When you disprove the fact that the earth is round with valid sources, I'll gladly take the time to retort in a civil manner. For now, the Earth is round, flat earther believing knuckle draggers are wrong and I'll be having fun.

Cheers!
Gold: 0.00
Jul 29 2016 04:40pm
Wat
Gold: 6.00
Jul 29 2016 04:42pm
Quote (Fooba @ Jul 29 2016 05:39pm)
When you disprove the fact that the earth is round with valid sources, I'll gladly take the time to retort in a civil manner. For now, the Earth is round, flat earther believing knuckle draggers are wrong and I'll be having fun.

Cheers!

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/earth-is-not-round/

happy? stop taking scientific sound bites like "the earth is round" to heart because science is never that easy.
Gold: 4.77
Jul 29 2016 04:58pm
Quote (Fooba @ 29 Jul 2016 17:39)

Cheers!

If I brought you an expression to show that you're tying your shoes wrong, would you listen?
You would turn off your mind and reject this new information because "this is the way it's always been done."

You already know.
Right?

CS, Myself, and many others have been activated like a War of the Worlds broadcast.
We loved what we knew before we knew enough,
but we're turned on to the unknown now. And we have gaping holes in our hearts in which we can absorb this New Dawn.

Curiosity only kills the Cat once. After that
love of the unknown enlivens the cat.

“The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed.”
― Albert Einstein

This is how legends operate.
For most, the end is near.
For us, the beginning is here.

This post was edited by MaliceMizer on Jul 29 2016 04:59pm
Gold: 5.00
Jul 29 2016 05:13pm
Quote (MaliceMizer @ Jul 29 2016 06:58pm)
Durr

Ships appear to rise out of water when sailing towards you from beyond the horizon

wouldn't happen on a flat earth
Gold: 10,485.00
Jul 29 2016 05:18pm
Quote (Asexual @ Jul 29 2016 06:13pm)
Ships appear to rise out of water when sailing towards you from beyond the horizon

wouldn't happen on a flat earth

Too simple. It's true and does prove the Earth is round.
But no one can get all worked up about things, if they just accept the obviousness of this fact. :)
Gold: 9,765.00
Warn: 60%
Jul 29 2016 05:19pm
Quote (MaliceMizer @ Jul 29 2016 05:35pm)
They have no depth so when we sow our seeds of doubt they become afraid, and lash out like thorny weeds.

-Civil Disobedience

I know, people complaining cause they liked science when they it was thought is completely boring and they that everything was settled.

It's like driving in your car and coming upon a horrible accident and the police are waving you to go by quickly "Move along, there's nothing to see, stop thinking, there is only boring rocks floating around space and you are just space dust."

duuuh - ok Mr Officer!

i made this list of how people lie to themselves in order to justify their anger, how do you like it?

10 Lies we tell ourselves about our expectation of others.

1. Since I must have the love and approval of others, other should speak only concerned with my love and approval.

2. Since I am perfect, your tiny mistake means you are a complete failure.

3. Since I must always doing the right thing, and if you ever do the wrong thing, you will be punished.

4. Life has been arranged to my liking, your ideas are just messing it up.

5. My happiness(unhappiness) is caused by external events, therefore I must control you.

6. I must worry about things that can be dangerous, unpleasant or frightening, therefore you must live in fear too.

7. I am happier if i can avoid life responsibilities, difficulties and unpleasantness, therefore you should too.

8. I must be upset when others have problems, I must be sad when others are unhappy.

9. I should not have to feel discomfort or anxiety, therefore people should only talk about things that make me happy.

10. There is only one solution to any issue, mine. And since you are not me, you must be wrong.

This post was edited by card_sultan on Jul 29 2016 05:27pm
Gold: 10,485.00
Jul 29 2016 05:26pm

Wow, can you say outta left field...or a completely different field all together. ^^
Gold: 1,590.64
Jul 29 2016 05:27pm
Quote (Ghot @ Jul 29 2016 07:18pm)
Too simple. It's true and does prove the Earth is round.
But no one can get all worked up about things, if they just accept the obviousness of this fact. :)

its been a circle and round shape for eons why is this even a discussioN! lol

This post was edited by serialj0e on Jul 29 2016 05:27pm
Go Back To Science, Technology & Nature Topic List
Prev1464748495054Next
Closed New Topic New Poll