d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Science, Technology & Nature >
Poll > Flat Earth Vs Globe Earth
Prev14546474849119Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 260.11
May 25 2017 02:42pm
Quote (russian @ May 25 2017 02:39pm)
Yeah, what Thor is saying is that in winter you'll have nighttime when facing a different way than in summer. So on the equator, you would basically be looking at the stars (at night) when you are exactly on the other side of the planet, so you WOULD get a totally different view.

It's funny though, because he once again showed he's ignorant to even the most basic concepts on the subject, even ones that the newest of hobbyists figure out fairly quickly.
Gold: 1,261.00
May 25 2017 02:50pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ May 25 2017 01:42pm)
It's funny though, because he once again showed he's ignorant to even the most basic concepts on the subject, even ones that the newest of hobbyists figure out fairly quickly.

Yeah, it didn't click with me at first that even though the same stars are "available" for viewing, you only actually see them at night, and where you are at nighttime changes.
On the other hand, if we were to look at the stars with some sort of a device that can see them during the day as well as night, you would always see the same stars over the 24 hour period regardless of time of year.
Gold: 9,765.00
Warn: 60%
May 25 2017 04:38pm
Nope your all wrong - take an orange, hold it up - place it 1 foot besides light -notice the side that's lite - carefully revolve/orbit it to the to the other side - now the other side of that orange is lite!

Day and Night should be completely reversed 6 months of the year, wake up globbies, your being fooled!

Also since all your proofs have been incontrovertible debunked and no one can answer my questions, you're all just ignorant blatant lying atheist triggered trollers who obviously lost and are now sore about it, k holding pity party soon.

This post was edited by card_sultan on May 25 2017 04:39pm
May 25 2017 04:40pm
Quote (card_sultan @ May 25 2017 04:38pm)
Nope your all wrong - take an orange, hold it up - place it 1 foot besides light -notice the side that's lite - carefully revolve/orbit it to the to the other side - now the other side of that orange is lite!

Day and Night should be completely reversed 6 months of the year, wake up globbies, your being fooled!

Also since all your proofs have been incontrovertible debunked and no one can answer my questions, you're all just ignorant blatant lying atheist triggered trollers who obviously lost and are now sore about it, k holding pity party soon.

Why dont the stars move!

They do.

Wahhh you didn't answer my question!!!11!1!!1!1
Gold: 8,933.00
May 25 2017 04:54pm
Quote (tard_sultan @ May 24 2017 11:06pm)
yes it does, 2 d perspective and 3d perspective are not even close, face it not knowing this mean you are incontrovertibly revealed as a simpleton.

You keep claiming I don't understand perspective, but it's obvious it is you who doesn't understand it. A 3d sun moving away from you on a flat Earth should shrink and eventually be lost to sight (assuming the sun isn't sending highly visible, blinding rays of light in all directions, which it is), but NEVER pass below the horizon. The "top" of the horizon is always 0° (barring rising landmasses). Perspective doesn't change that. The sun is always above the flat Earth, so it can never be hidden BY the Earth, other than by the aforementioned rising landmasses, and only in localized areas. Here's some motherfucking perspective for you: you are literally claiming that an object in between two other objects can have an object on one side hide the other object on the other side. Preposterous.

/e we call what I just did to you "reductio ad absurdum." You probably don't even realize how wrecked you just got.

This post was edited by Santara on May 25 2017 05:07pm
Gold: 1,261.00
May 25 2017 04:56pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ May 25 2017 03:40pm)
Why dont the stars move!

They do.

Wahhh you didn't answer my question!!!11!1!!1!1

Although after thinking about it, I still don't think the tilt matters. Even if we had 0 tilt, you'd have pretty much the same effect. If you aren't on the equator, you'll still have some section of the sky above the pole that's always in your hemispheric view. And even though we wouldn't have seasons, you would still see different sections of the sky at night for different months.
Unless I'm missing something here.
May 25 2017 05:01pm
Quote (russian @ May 25 2017 04:56pm)
Although after thinking about it, I still don't think the tilt matters. Even if we had 0 tilt, you'd have pretty much the same effect. If you aren't on the equator, you'll still have some section of the sky above the pole that's always in your hemispheric view. And even though we wouldn't have seasons, you would still see different sections of the sky at night for different months.
Unless I'm missing something here.

Just Google it. Probably find a better explanation than I could give.
May 25 2017 05:02pm
Quote (Santara @ May 25 2017 04:54pm)
You keep claiming I don't understand perspective, but it's obvious it is you who doesn't understand it. A 3d sun moving away from you on a flat Earth should shrink and eventually be lost to sight (assuming the sun isn't sending highly visible, blinding rays of light in all directions, which it is), but NEVER pass below the horizon. The "top" of the horizon is always 0° (barring rising landmasses). Perspective doesn't change that. The sun is always above the flat Earth, so it can never be hidden BY the Earth, other than by the aforementioned rising landmasses, and only in localized areas. Here's some motherfucking perspective for you: you are literally claiming that an object in between two other objects can have an object on one side hide the other object on the other side. Preposterous.

I already addresses that, he said atmospheric lensing and ran the fuck away when I asked him to explain how it bends light thousands of miles in just 6000 miles.
Gold: 8,933.00
May 25 2017 05:03pm
I wonder why people in the southern hemisphere can never see the star Polaris from a flat Earth.

I wonder why people in the northern hemisphere need to be close to the equator to see the Southern Cross.

Quote (Thor123422 @ May 25 2017 06:02pm)
I already addresses that, he said atmospheric lensing and ran the fuck away when I asked him to explain how it bends light thousands of miles in just 6000 miles.

Yeah, I challenged him on lensing a few times too. No excuse has been forthcoming for me either, because he doesn't have one. But you already know that.

This post was edited by Santara on May 25 2017 05:05pm
Gold: 9,765.00
Warn: 60%
May 25 2017 05:17pm
Quote (Santara @ May 25 2017 12:54pm)

/e we call what I just did to you "reductio ad absurdum." You probably don't even realize how wrecked you just got.

Here's you - "I understand 3d perspective - here my 2d drawing to prove it"
:wallbash:
Go Back To Science, Technology & Nature Topic List
Prev14546474849119Next
Closed New Topic New Poll