d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Science, Technology & Nature >
Poll > The Case For Electromagnetic Universe > + Other Heresy Against The Establishment
Prev1454647484962Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 11,295.00
Aug 1 2016 02:09pm
Quote (MaliceMizer @ 1 Aug 2016 22:26)
Anyone can be an actual scientist.
Professionals do it for the money,
Amateurs do it for the love.

this topic would have been a hit in the comedy section :rofl:
Gold: 9,765.00
Warn: 60%
Aug 1 2016 02:23pm
Quote (luckspin @ Aug 1 2016 03:09pm)
this topic would have been a hit in the comedy section :rofl:

Trump running for President is the actual comedy! :rofl:
Aug 1 2016 04:17pm
Quote (card_sultan @ 1 Aug 2016 23:23)
Trump running for President is the actual comedy! :rofl:

the funny part is not that he is running for president but that people r actually voting for him... yet im not that surprised since by my VERY professional estimations at least 80% of the world's population is very intellectually limited and as long as u live on ur flat earth, u fall into that 80% as well ;p

Gold: 299.20
Aug 1 2016 04:21pm
Quote (MaliceMizer @ Aug 1 2016 08:26pm)
Anyone can be an actual scientist.
Professionals do it for the money,
Amateurs do it for the love.

I think you don't know scientist then.
If you want money you go to industry and leave science :P

But it is true that anyone can be an actual scientist.

This post was edited by ScotchBonnet on Aug 1 2016 04:22pm
Aug 1 2016 09:25pm
Quote (luckspin @ Aug 1 2016 05:17pm)
the funny part is not that he is running for president but that people r actually voting for him... yet im not that surprised since by my VERY professional estimations at least 80% of the world's population is very intellectually limited and as long as u live on ur flat earth, u fall into that 80% as well ;p

Sounds like you just believe what you are told and get angry when someone doesnt. Was there a lot of punishment in your house growing up? Do you believe in this statement -

"Since I must always be doing the right thing, and if you ever do the wrong thing, you will be punished."

This post was edited by card_sultan on Aug 1 2016 09:27pm
Gold: 4.77
Aug 2 2016 10:22am
Quote (Subwoofer @ 1 Aug 2016 03:11)
Is it weird that i sort of respect you Malice?

even if you are absolutely wrong you put in the thought and effort as best as a human can and simply try to share and help others think more and you get shit on for it constantly.

i feel like all those people had horrible horrible childhood teachers lol.

That is weird, I'm alien to respect so I don't receive or reciprocate it genuinely.
Just as long as one's prepared to be wrong, they have something to bring to the round table. I like the Socratic method of learning, and according to blooms cognitive taxonomy the best way to learn is by teaching.
The worst part is, I really like being shit on, I'm a masochist who follows the Golden rule. But instead of tearing down others physically, I do it mentally. This type of thread is really only necessary when I achieve a point in my own self-sabotage that I can no longer challenge myself.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/30/de/be/30debe6ee948fd5d11b6b21d70103135.jpg

Quote (luckspin @ 1 Aug 2016 10:22)
Psycho Pass was an "ok" anime...

Watch "Death Note" next, im sure u can get a lot of info from it to for ur grand theory.

😪😪😪😪😪

You're right Death Note is a much better anime, but these ideas are about to take an East of Eden direction first.

This post was edited by MaliceMizer on Aug 2 2016 10:25am
Aug 2 2016 04:17pm
Quote (card_sultan @ 2 Aug 2016 06:25)
Sounds like you just believe what you are told and get angry when someone doesnt. Was there a lot of punishment in your house growing up? Do you believe in this statement -

"Since I must always be doing the right thing, and if you ever do the wrong thing, you will be punished."

i believe what i am told, if there's enough logical information to make me do so.

im not angry at ppl who tell me something which i believe not to be true, especially when there's a lot of relevant information to disprove it,

i just pity those ppl since they r the once who dont ask enough questions and believe what they r told is the right thing just because the majority of people think otherwise.

beaten up when i was little?! i 5-0'ed my dad when i was 2 and he left my mom... r u joking with me flatty?! go drink ur chocolate milk and pray to jesus before bed...

This post was edited by luckspin on Aug 2 2016 04:18pm
Gold: 6.00
Aug 2 2016 04:33pm
Quote (luckspin @ Aug 2 2016 05:17pm)
i believe what i am told, if there's enough logical information to make me do so.

im not angry at ppl who tell me something which i believe not to be true, especially when there's a lot of relevant information to disprove it,

i just pity those ppl since they r the once who dont ask enough questions and believe what they r told is the right thing just because the majority of people think otherwise.

beaten up when i was little?! i 5-0'ed my dad when i was 2 and he left my mom... r u joking with me flatty?! go drink ur chocolate milk and pray to jesus before bed...

you realize that in science nothing is ever proven right...right?

need to avoid using that word in any scientific sense because thats simply not how science works.
Aug 2 2016 07:41pm
Quote (luckspin @ Aug 2 2016 05:17pm)

The idea that mass attracts mass does not make any logical sense, and has never been proven or shown to be true and the idea crumbles when you introduce a third object (Such as the relationship between the Sun Moon and Earth)

The ideas you are taught are called atomism and date back about 3000 years.

http://www.philosophybasics.com/branch_atomism.html

"Atomism is the theory that all of reality and all the objects in the universe are composed of very small, indivisible and indestructible building blocks known as atoms (from the Greek "atomos", meaning "uncuttable").
There is no room in this theory for the concept of a God, and essentially it is a type of Materialism or Physicalism. In Western Philosophy, Atomism is usually associated with the Greek Pre-Socratic philosopher Democritus
Although philosophical Atomism led to the development of early scientific atomic theory, modern science has shown that atoms in the chemical sense are actually composed of smaller particles (electrons, neutrons and protons),
and that these in turn are composed of even more fundamental particles called quarks"

Cant wait till they figure out micro quarks makes up quarks and that super micro quarks make up micro quarks and so on, As you can see there is much quarkery going on....Who's on first again?

This post was edited by card_sultan on Aug 2 2016 07:43pm
Gold: 6.00
Aug 2 2016 10:54pm
Quote (card_sultan @ Aug 2 2016 08:41pm)
The idea that mass attracts mass does not make any logical sense, and has never been proven or shown to be true and the idea crumbles when you introduce a third object (Such as the relationship between the Sun Moon and Earth)

The ideas you are taught are called atomism and date back about 3000 years.

http://www.philosophybasics.com/branch_atomism.html

"Atomism is the theory that all of reality and all the objects in the universe are composed of very small, indivisible and indestructible building blocks known as atoms (from the Greek "atomos", meaning "uncuttable").
There is no room in this theory for the concept of a God, and essentially it is a type of Materialism or Physicalism. In Western Philosophy, Atomism is usually associated with the Greek Pre-Socratic philosopher Democritus
Although philosophical Atomism led to the development of early scientific atomic theory, modern science has shown that atoms in the chemical sense are actually composed of smaller particles (electrons, neutrons and protons),
and that these in turn are composed of even more fundamental particles called quarks"

Cant wait till they figure out micro quarks makes up quarks and that super micro quarks make up micro quarks and so on, As you can see there is much quarkery going on....Who's on first again?

i can't wait until the brightest minds on the planet switch over to real world applicable fields and stop screwing around with theoretical nonsense just cause they think its interesting.

theoretical work is good and all but too much brainpower is chasing its tail in theoretical fields for my liking.
Go Back To Science, Technology & Nature Topic List
Prev1454647484962Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll