d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Science, Technology & Nature > Flat Earth Vs Globe Earth > Why Or Why Not?
Prev1444546474854Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
Gold: 16,240.00
Jul 24 2016 09:25am
and yeah id prefer that because we as a species clearly have too much free time on our hands.

hm is traditional hunter/gather more time consuming than modern lives for most people, I was kind of picturing it as people sitting around half the time with nothing to do but would probably not be the case

but i don't really see the problem of free time sort of neutral or actually i think it's a good think, allows for the thinking/testing i was talking about

because we are never going to leave this planet

man you have so little faith in technology, we already left the earth, mankind was born on earth but we were never meant to die here (quote from somewhere) the stars are calling to us

the future is artificial intelligence living in space
like a death star super computer that probably ends up creating the universe in the first place when it tries to simulate it, then its just a loop (mystery of existence solved, you're welcome)
Gold: 9,765.00
Warn: 60%
Jul 24 2016 01:03pm
Quote (dakariii @ Jul 24 2016 10:25am)

man you have so little faith in technology, we already left the earth, mankind was born on earth but we were never meant to die here (quote from somewhere) the stars are calling to us

like a death star super computer that probably ends up creating the universe in the first place when it tries to simulate it, then its just a loop (mystery of existence solved, you're welcome)

You still think there's an island?

Jul 24 2016 01:12pm
Quote (card_sultan @ Jul 24 2016 07:03pm)
You still think there's an island?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5hRQwewcUY

once again wtf lol

anyway isn't it you who thinks we're in the waiting area with the fake stars etc around us confusing the reality of what's really just beyond. Don't we break through the hologram if we go too far but nasa wouldn't tell us?
Jul 24 2016 02:02pm
Quote (dakariii @ Jul 24 2016 02:12pm)
once again wtf lol

anyway isn't it you who thinks we're in the waiting area with the fake stars etc around us confusing the reality of what's really just beyond. Don't we break through the hologram if we go too far but nasa wouldn't tell us?

Isnt it you that has faith there is an "island" to go to in space, maybe one day you'll win the lottery too.
Jul 24 2016 02:50pm
Quote (card_sultan @ Jul 24 2016 08:02pm)
Isnt it you that has faith there is an "island" to go to in space, maybe one day you'll win the lottery too.

about as intelligent a metaphor as i could expect from you i guess
Jul 24 2016 03:10pm
Quote (dakariii @ Jul 24 2016 03:50pm)
about as intelligent a metaphor as i could expect from you i guess

about as simple minded of a response as i could expect from you i guess, You must be one of those guys who thinks that Intelligent people that want you to think on your own are jerks, and prefer intelligent people that tell you what to think, that's far easier - am i right? I means brains only have a limited capacity and most of it is filled up with trying to operate the remote.
Jul 24 2016 03:49pm
why would you think on your own if you have an intelligent person with you, you can think together
but you'd tell them to fuck off because their ideas might be different to how you want to think of things
Gold: 11,295.00
Jul 24 2016 03:52pm
Quote (dakariii @ 24 Jul 2016 18:25)
hm is traditional hunter/gather more time consuming than modern lives for most people, I was kind of picturing it as people sitting around half the time with nothing to do but would probably not be the case

but i don't really see the problem of free time sort of neutral or actually i think it's a good think, allows for the thinking/testing i was talking about

free time is the singular most important aspect of our lives that allowed us to develop technologies of any kind.

thousands of years ago ppl had no time to "think" literally... u can see the remains of this kind of life within the very few indigenous tribes around the amazon, new guinea island and some parts of Africa

where the ppl are so busy hunting animals/gathering edible plants, repairing/maintaining weapons/shelter... maybe taking care of farm animals/crops of some sort (which is rare)...

this stuff pretty much takes up all their life... yet there are kids all over the world nowadays that have so much free time and dont use it productively and thats what i think that guy was referring to.

u can have all the time in the world but if u dont make good use of it u wont progress at all, just like flatty over here who is wasting his life away researching shallow theories which even if at some point in the future prove to be right, wont make a true difference to his existence in the slightest... not to mention that if that happens, it will be a loooong time from now and he will have died already :rofl:
Jul 24 2016 04:20pm
Quote (luckspin @ Jul 24 2016 09:52pm)
free time is the singular most important aspect of our lives that allowed us to develop technologies of any kind.

thousands of years ago ppl had no time to "think" literally... u can see the remains of this kind of life within the very few indigenous tribes around the amazon, new guinea island and some parts of Africa

where the ppl are so busy hunting animals/gathering edible plants, repairing/maintaining weapons/shelter... maybe taking care of farm animals/crops of some sort (which is rare)...

this stuff pretty much takes up all their life... yet there are kids all over the world nowadays that have so much free time and dont use it productively and thats what i think that guy was referring to.

u can have all the time in the world but if u dont make good use of it u wont progress at all, just like flatty over here who is wasting his life away researching shallow theories which even if at some point in the future prove to be right, wont make a true difference to his existence in the slightest... not to mention that if that happens, it will be a loooong time from now and he will have died already :rofl:

you're talking about early dwellings/agriculture etc which yeah took loads of time/effort
i was talking about literally no technology, look at animals most of them seem to just be chillin half the time :)

but yeah you're totally right free time is essential but gets misused by a lot of people (like most of us wasting our time on this ridiculous thread lol) Well it was probably a very good use of my time until i did enough research/thinking to know it was 99.5% likely to be total bs, which took like a hour!

This post was edited by dakariii on Jul 24 2016 04:20pm
Jul 24 2016 04:25pm
Quote (dakariii @ Jul 24 2016 04:49pm)
why would you think on your own if you have an intelligent person with you, you can think together
but you'd tell them to fuck off because their ideas might be different to how you want to think of things

I don't tell people to fuck off just because their ideas are different than mine, that's the ignorant way of dealing with limited cognitive dissonance capacity and I wouldn't want to limit you, you're doing fine by yourself.

Quote (dakariii @ Jul 24 2016 05:20pm)
you're talking about early dwellings/agriculture etc which yeah took loads of time/effort
i was talking about literally no technology, look at animals most of them seem to just be chillin half the time :)

but yeah you're totally right free time is essential but gets misused by a lot of people (like most of us wasting our time on this ridiculous thread lol) Well it was probably a very good use of my time until i did enough research/thinking to know it was 99.5% likely to be total bs, which took like a hour!

figures out life in a hour on the internet - is now free to waste the rest of his life playing Pokeman Go!

This post was edited by card_sultan on Jul 24 2016 04:31pm
Go Back To Science, Technology & Nature Topic List
Prev1444546474854Next
Closed New Topic New Poll