d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Science, Technology & Nature >
Poll > The Case For Electromagnetic Universe > + Other Heresy Against The Establishment
Prev1282930313262Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 9,765.00
Warn: 60%
Jul 14 2016 02:38pm
Quote (Azrad @ Jul 14 2016 03:25pm)
I believe in gravity 100% because I feel it, every second of every day. I accept the mathematical models of gravity because they make predictions which match observation. Some day those models will fail and need to be revamped, but even then we will still feel gravity every second of every day.

The key words here - "I believe in gravity 100%" - your faith is misplaced.
Gold: 284.50
Jul 14 2016 06:05pm
Quote (card_sultan @ 14 Jul 2016 15:38)

This +1
Gold: 11,295.00
Jul 15 2016 07:35pm
Quote (card_sultan @ 14 Jul 2016 23:38)

flatty... u consider both, the earth being flat + gravity non existent, to be facts... ur faith is not misplaced? :bonk:

the scientific method of observing the universe doesn't determine facts, it determines the most likely explanation for a given problem at a given time and is subject to change.

the stupid person's method of observing the universe however is way more simplistic... as i am sure u r aware flatty :rofl:

im guessing flying is also some sort of sorcery or at least thats what u would have thought if u were living a few hundred years ago...

guess what, somehow its possible today... i wonder what method of thinking was used to solve that riddle...

feel free to showcase ur shallow way of thinking as u attempt to troll ur way out of yet another failed post.

Jul 16 2016 12:32pm
Quote (luckspin @ Jul 15 2016 08:35pm)
flatty... u consider both, the earth being flat + gravity non existent, to be facts... ur faith is not misplaced? :bonk:

the scientific method of observing the universe doesn't determine facts, it determines the most likely explanation for a given problem at a given time and is subject to change.

the stupid person's method of observing the universe however is way more simplistic... as i am sure u r aware flatty :rofl:

im guessing flying is also some sort of sorcery or at least thats what u would have thought if u were living a few hundred years ago...

guess what, somehow its possible today... i wonder what method of thinking was used to solve that riddle...

feel free to showcase ur shallow way of thinking as u attempt to troll ur way out of yet another failed post.

Quantum entanglement has disagreed with most of quackademica and its hero Einsteins - with his theory of general relativity for over a 100 years.

I don't know how to say it much clearer but the movement of the earth in at least 4 vectored directions and incredible speeds must mean the air is moving too - and since Airplanes dont need to account for this force no matter what direction they travel in, gravity is not a factor here on this terrestrial plane. The earth is not enclosed in a glass ball and would be subject to all these forces that are just non existent. I know it's probably a little too much for you to process but give it time to sink in, your anger will fade away to understanding.

This post was edited by card_sultan on Jul 16 2016 12:34pm
Gold: Locked
Warn: 20%
Jul 16 2016 01:39pm
Quote (card_sultan @ Jul 16 2016 11:32am)
4 vectored directions
What exactly is a "vectored direction"? Specifically how is it different than a normal direction?

Quote (card_sultan @ Jul 16 2016 11:32am)
incredible speeds must mean the air is moving too - and since Airplanes dont need to account for this force
dimensional fail: [speed] ≠ [force]

Gold: 4.77
Jul 16 2016 02:17pm
Quote (card_sultan @ 16 Jul 2016 13:32)
The earth is not enclosed in a glass ball and would be subject to all these forces that are just non existent. I know it's probably a little too much for you to process but give it time to sink in, your anger will fade away to understanding.

Take it back you've lost your ground,
You'll find it where the sun goes down ~
Gold: 11,295.00
Jul 17 2016 06:29pm
Quote (card_sultan @ 16 Jul 2016 21:32)
Quantum entanglement has disagreed with most of quackademica and its hero Einsteins - with his theory of general relativity for over a 100 years.

I don't know how to say it much clearer but the movement of the earth in at least 4 vectored directions and incredible speeds must mean the air is moving too - and since Airplanes dont need to account for this force no matter what direction they travel in, gravity is not a factor here on this terrestrial plane. The earth is not enclosed in a glass ball and would be subject to all these forces that are just non existent. I know it's probably a little too much for you to process but give it time to sink in, your anger will fade away to understanding.

when Earth's core cools down the lack of a magnetic field will ultimately mean the end of our atmosphere and life itself.

in a zero gravity environment there is no such resistance as the resistance u observe within our atmosphere, things dont heat up when they travel at high speeds in space because there is no air (any gas for that matter) to create any resistance.

its a miracle in itself that our space station is still intact when its traveling at 27 000 km/h and its not AEROdynamic!

i wonder what will happen if that same space station was traveling at the same speed within an atmosphere... maybe u can answer that question.

This post was edited by luckspin on Jul 17 2016 06:31pm
Jul 17 2016 09:20pm
Quote (luckspin @ Jul 17 2016 07:29pm)
when Earth's core cools down the lack of a magnetic field will ultimately mean the end of our atmosphere and life itself.

in a zero gravity environment there is no such resistance as the resistance u observe within our atmosphere, things dont heat up when they travel at high speeds in space because there is no air (any gas for that matter) to create any resistance.

its a miracle in itself that our space station is still intact when its traveling at 27 000 km/h and its not AEROdynamic!

i wonder what will happen if that same space station was traveling at the same speed within an atmosphere... maybe u can answer that question.

Earth's core? - not sure what that is - can you show me a picture or at least describe your visit there?

Wait - are you talking about that awful movie with Hilary Swank?

This post was edited by card_sultan on Jul 17 2016 09:25pm
Jul 17 2016 10:16pm
Quote (Azrad @ Jul 16 2016 02:39pm)
What exactly is a "vectored direction"? Specifically how is it different than a normal direction?

dimensional fail: [speed] ≠ [force]

A vector just means that the mass is moving in that direction - as opposed to just a random direction.

Mass Failure F = MA, air has a mass, Air is "stuff", as it has molecules that give it mass. Because air has mass, it is pulled down by gravity, and exerts a pressure of about 1 kg/square centimeter (14.7 lbs/square inch).

This post was edited by card_sultan on Jul 17 2016 10:23pm
Gold: Locked
Warn: 20%
Jul 17 2016 11:39pm
Quote (card_sultan @ Jul 17 2016 09:16pm)
A vector just means that the mass is moving in that direction - as opposed to just a random direction.
You didn't answer my question.

Quote (card_sultan @ Jul 17 2016 09:16pm)
Mass Failure F = MA, air has a mass, Air is "stuff", as it has molecules that give it mass. Because air has mass, it is pulled down by gravity, and exerts a pressure of about 1 kg/square centimeter (14.7 lbs/square inch).
Chewbacca defense?
Go Back To Science, Technology & Nature Topic List
Prev1282930313262Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll