d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Science, Technology & Nature >
Poll > Flat Earth Vs Globe Earth
Prev12728293031119Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 17,384.69
May 23 2017 12:23pm
Quote (card_sultan @ 23 May 2017 19:16)
Gravity is a troll theory for the elites, I'm just pointing out the irony.
You posted a video with a picture of Flat Earth - therefore you must believe in Flat Earth so why no consistency in your Sun worship theory?

nope because if you check the video you are talking about you will see earth is a terrible and unstoppable sphere.
Gold: 1,261.00
May 23 2017 12:51pm
Quote (ChivasRegal @ May 23 2017 01:44am)
why don't you guys go and research flat earth for yourselves? why are you so scared to do it? I feel that maybe you won't be able to handle the truth when you come to learn it

you just keep trolling card and make your own insecurities stand out in your attacks at him.

We are watching all these videos card is posting, that's research right there.
It's just all too laughable. Everything is handwaved away with magic and buzzwords that the flat-earthers can't explain and don't understand. How many times has card used the word "perspective" on this forum? He still has no idea what perspective actually is. He has no clue why railroad tracks appear to converge, to him it's just "laws of perspective" with no explanation, no numbers, nothing you can actually measure or work with. If you asked him to calculate anything related to it, he would be at a complete loss because he has no quantifiable knowledge.

So no, I'm not scared that suddenly all my understanding of geometry will vanish and I will somehow get confused by angles and distances. I'm not worried that garbage like "vibrational density" will suddenly mean something that you can actually measure and quantify. I'm not concerned that "magic" will suddenly become a better explanation for observable phenomena than hard science and math. What you don't realize is that we are fully aware of flat earth and we see how stupid it is. It's not something we actually avoid, there's no knowledge there that could affect us in any significant way. We simply have a better understanding of the how the world around us works, so we see the massive errors in all of these flat earth arguments.

It would be like trying to convince us that rain is produced by pissing flying unicorns, rather than condensation of water vapour into clouds. Nobody would be afraid that they would suddenly start believing in flying unicorns with immense bladders, the idea can be simply dismissed as childish fantasy until some actual, real, extraordinary proof is presented. The flat earth theory is no different, and nobody has yet presented any proof. If anything, everything card has presented so far has only convinced everyone else that flat-earthers are by and large imbeciles. Things that they consider unsolvable are easily solved at a glance by an average person. Things that they consider eye-opening and mind-blowing are mundane and obvious. With every bit of research into flat earther, it becomes harder and harder to treat people who believe in it with any shred of respect. The only thing I've learned from flat-earthers is that they are not my intellectual peers and their thoughts and ideas can be quickly and easily dismissed as childish and naive.
Gold: 9,765.00
Warn: 60%
May 23 2017 12:54pm
Quote (Saucisson6000 @ May 23 2017 08:23am)
nope because if you check the video you are talking about you will see earth is a terrible and unstoppable sphere.

What proof is there the earth is spiraling around the Milky way at 500,000 mph?

And if the universe's gravity is holding up the milky way, what's holding up the universe?

Your explanation better convince me or your whole Sun Worship cult is exposed for the lies it tells. :)
May 23 2017 01:00pm
Quote (russian @ May 23 2017 08:51am)
We are watching all these videos card is posting, that's research right there.
It's just all too laughable. Everything is handwaved away with magic and buzzwords that the flat-earthers can't explain and don't understand. How many times has card used the word "perspective" on this forum? He still has no idea what perspective actually is. He has no clue why railroad tracks appear to converge, to him it's just "laws of perspective" with no explanation, no numbers, nothing you can actually measure or work with. If you asked him to calculate anything related to it, he would be at a complete loss because he has no quantifiable knowledge.

So no, I'm not scared that suddenly all my understanding of geometry will vanish and I will somehow get confused by angles and distances. I'm not worried that garbage like "vibrational density" will suddenly mean something that you can actually measure and quantify. I'm not concerned that "magic" will suddenly become a better explanation for observable phenomena than hard science and math. What you don't realize is that we are fully aware of flat earth and we see how stupid it is. It's not something we actually avoid, there's no knowledge there that could affect us in any significant way. We simply have a better understanding of the how the world around us works, so we see the massive errors in all of these flat earth arguments.

It would be like trying to convince us that rain is produced by pissing flying unicorns, rather than condensation of water vapour into clouds. Nobody would be afraid that they would suddenly start believing in flying unicorns with immense bladders, the idea can be simply dismissed as childish fantasy until some actual, real, extraordinary proof is presented. The flat earth theory is no different, and nobody has yet presented any proof. If anything, everything card has presented so far has only convinced everyone else that flat-earthers are by and large imbeciles. Things that they consider unsolvable are easily solved at a glance by an average person. Things that they consider eye-opening and mind-blowing are mundane and obvious. With every bit of research into flat earther, it becomes harder and harder to treat people who believe in it with any shred of respect. The only thing I've learned from flat-earthers is that they are not my intellectual peers and their thoughts and ideas can be quickly and easily dismissed as childish and naive.

GRavity - a sun worshipping cult buzzword that even the Holier than though NDT cant explain - you better show me proof and experimental repeatable examples that show it working between three objects or your house of card is going to come crumbling down.

What is gravity? - NDT says IDK

2 d side views + geometry to explain our 3d Earth are laughable and stupid.

When will a sphere chucker post any convincing evidence - you've only had 500 years to find some, need another 500 years?

This post was edited by card_sultan on May 23 2017 01:05pm
Gold: 17,384.69
May 23 2017 02:22pm
Quote (card_sultan @ 23 May 2017 19:54)
What proof is there the earth is spiraling around the Milky way at 500,000 mph?

"Conspiracy Schizophrenia”

May 23 2017 02:28pm
Quote (Saucisson6000 @ May 23 2017 10:22am)
"Conspiracy Schizophrenia”

yes your blind faith is pretty schizo, but thanks for dodging

You're not being able to answer any question or show any proof of the spinning ball is pretty clear you're just a puppet of the States religious cult.

This post was edited by card_sultan on May 23 2017 02:35pm
Gold: 260.11
May 23 2017 02:38pm
Quote (card_sultan @ May 22 2017 03:36pm)
you say that but then you can answer this:

are these railroad track rising up and curving over the completely spherical earth - or are they just obeying optical 3d perspective of a flat plane?

http://www.drawinghowtodraw.com/drawing-lessons/things/perspective-drawing/20.1perspective.JPG

Somebody answer this question and stop dodging

If the Earth was flat we could get a powerful pair of binoculars or a powerful telescope and see the edge of the Earth from any point. We could see China with a powerful enough telescope, and we would never not be able to see the sun. I just proved it mathematically, so I'm going to go ahead and say you're not going to prove anything and just keep dodging.
Gold: 1,261.00
May 23 2017 02:41pm
Quote (card_sultan @ May 23 2017 12:00pm)
GRavity - a sun worshipping cult buzzword that even the Holier than though NDT cant explain - you better show me proof and experimental repeatable examples that show it working between three objects or your house of card is going to come crumbling down.

You mean like the Cavendish Experiment, reproduced a billion times and repeatable by anyone who has a couple hours to spare? Easy.
May 23 2017 02:44pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ May 23 2017 10:38am)
If the Earth was flat we could get a powerful pair of binoculars or a powerful telescope and see the edge of the Earth from any point. We could see China with a powerful enough telescope, and we would never not be able to see the sun. I just proved it mathematically, so I'm going to go ahead and say you're not going to prove anything and just keep dodging.

Atmospheric lensing and perspective shows your augments ridiculousness.

If the Earth isn't flat -Lighthouse would only work for 3 miles

Lighthouses-proving ballers wrong since the fifth century BC!
May 23 2017 02:55pm
Quote (russian @ May 23 2017 10:41am)
You mean like the Cavendish Experiment, reproduced a billion times and repeatable by anyone who has a couple hours to spare? Easy.

No one ever actually saw Cavendish's experiment, they only read about it in his journal after he died and he claimed he needed to be a mile away or else his own gravity would affect the result, and used 300 lb lead balls, so even mechanically the idea he could construct anything so accurately back then is ridiculous.
And he supposedly had to watch the balls for weeks through his telescope, no wonder the guy was strange.
So building a plastic miniaturized model and showing it to a class full of physics students for 3 minutes isn't actually repeating anything. And really what i want to see is how gravity works between 3 objects, not just an easy debunkable magic trick that shows only two.

In your Cavendish experiment, does it show gravity working at 9.8m/s cause that the supposed constant speed of gravity on earth

This post was edited by card_sultan on May 23 2017 03:18pm
Go Back To Science, Technology & Nature Topic List
Prev12728293031119Next
Closed New Topic New Poll