d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Science, Technology & Nature > Flat Earth Vs Globe Earth > Why Or Why Not?
Prev1262728293054Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
Gold: 16,240.00
Jul 5 2016 06:38pm
Quote (card_sultan @ Jul 6 2016 12:34am)
Well, think if can with that issue if you can think of it symmetrically - supposedly gravity still acts on an object just sitting there and that object has mass still so we must be doing something wrong to not acknowledge all this force of acceleration that is just wasted by just sitting there to be taken advantage of - I suppose things just sitting on the ground are just waiting for humans to take advantage of all that kinetic energy sitting there just wasted. YEah! - gravity solves energy crisis!!!!!!

dude kenetic energy is stuff in motion, you mentioned before punching a wall, this hurts because hard objects are also capable of exerting a lot of force, enough force to cancel out gravity when that hard object is a giant rock the size of the earth!

Gold: 9,765.00
Warn: 60%
Jul 5 2016 06:42pm
Quote (remco6 @ Jul 5 2016 07:34pm)
Or is to overcome the force the helicopter experiences due to its mass....

So once again without retreating to your safe space in cards up/down land why is the heavier substance attracted to the earth?

Or do you not believe in anything you can't see, do you believe the air we breath is composed mainly of nitrogen and oxygen ? I guess if you don't believe that you can't believe that water vapour is lighter that dry air?
I know , let's try an experiment. do you know of any tailing ponds in sour areas? Try stir one up a bit and lie down to confirm H2S is heavier than air.

Where is this safe place to go where I would be free of your ignorance and insistence that you know how things works - please tell me because I doubt its existence.

Answer my question why does the ground simply stop things from falling - if there is a force that pulls things down, simply stopping the movement with the ground, doesnt stop the force acting on it - so really we should be able to take advantage of all this kinetic energy of things just sitting on the ground- so why are we not?

This post was edited by card_sultan on Jul 5 2016 06:45pm
Gold: Locked
Warn: 20%
Jul 5 2016 06:47pm
Quote (card_sultan @ Jul 5 2016 05:34pm)
I suppose things just sitting on the ground are just waiting for humans to take advantage of all that kinetic energy sitting there just wasted.
You just contradicted yourself. An object that is motionless (just sitting on the ground as you put it) has 0 kinetic energy.

Quote (card_sultan @ Jul 5 2016 05:34pm)
Well, think if can with that issue if you can think of it symmetrically - supposedly gravity still acts on an object just sitting there and that object has mass still so we must be doing something wrong to not acknowledge all this force
You are 100% on the money here (for once). A stationary object is not accelerating, but yes gravity puts a force on that object, which leads to the problem you pointed out. But alas there is the normal force (which we have mentioned before). So congratulations, you just made it from first day highschool physics to 2nd day high school physics. At the rate you are going, you might be able to solve a simple incline plane problem in a few years.

Gold: Locked
Warn: 20%
Jul 5 2016 06:50pm
Quote (card_sultan @ Jul 5 2016 05:42pm)
so really we should be able to take advantage of all this kinetic energy of things just sitting on the ground- so why are we not?
The kinetic energy of an object is (1/2)m*v^2. If the object is sitting still its velocity is 0 so its kinetic energy is 0. Wow you might be up to 3rd day high school physics now!

Jul 5 2016 06:51pm
if you put something heavy on you you can still feel it pushing down even though it isn't moving right?
Jul 5 2016 06:51pm
Quote (Azrad @ Jul 5 2016 07:47pm)
You just contradicted yourself. An object that is motionless (just sitting on the ground as you put it) has 0 kinetic energy.

No, gravity is the contradiction - of course things on the ground have no kinetic energy - but if gravity were real - they actually would.

Do you understand the contradiction of circular logic yet?

This post was edited by card_sultan on Jul 5 2016 06:52pm
Jul 5 2016 06:54pm
you realize weight is massxgravity right? so any science using weight uses gravity
Jul 5 2016 06:59pm
Quote (dakariii @ Jul 5 2016 07:54pm)
you realize weight is massxgravity right? so any science using weight uses gravity

I realize that is what we are told, figuring out it is not true is beyond comprehension for some.
Gold: 7,271.48
Jul 5 2016 07:02pm
Quote (card_sultan @ Jul 5 2016 06:42pm)
Where is this safe place to go where I would be free of your ignorance and insistence that you know how things works - please tell me because I doubt its existence.

Answer my question why does the ground simply stop things from falling - if there is a force that pulls things down, simply stopping the movement with the ground, doesnt stop the force acting on it - so really we should be able to take advantage of all this kinetic energy of things just sitting on the ground- so why are we not?

Only you know where your safe from the truth space is, or maybe you really don't and are actually as daft as you appear, or maybe your just a troll.

As for why we don't don't collapse into a denser ball of all matter on earth? You will just have to accept the fact that earth and life on earth exists and evolved to exist in an environment that the force attracting us to earth is just counter balanced enough by our body structure to not squash us and that the pressure of our atmosphere doesn't compress into pancakes as proof that it doesn't. But then how can you be certain we are not brains in vats in some sort of matrix. One baby step at a time for you card. Maybe tomorrow you will find one truth you can dare to believe in to start building a foundation of knowledge.
Jul 5 2016 07:07pm
Quote (card_sultan @ Jul 6 2016 12:59am)
I realize that is what we are told, figuring out it is not true is beyond comprehension for some.

you can try to combine weight and mass but then why is it easier to slide something than lift it
stuff makes sense to me the way it is, mass momentum force gravity equilibrium, I can accept it might not be the case for all though, guess we won't convince each other for now

Go Back To Science, Technology & Nature Topic List
Prev1262728293054Next
Closed New Topic New Poll