d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Science, Technology & Nature >
Poll > The Case For Electromagnetic Universe > + Other Heresy Against The Establishment
Prev1171819202162Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 9,765.00
Warn: 60%
Jul 1 2016 08:17am
Quote (MaliceMizer @ Jul 1 2016 08:23am)
They claim it's the combustion against the exhaust tubes themselves,
instead of a platform of the atmosphere.
Seems p fishy to me but I'm not really skeptical enough to reallygo there.

well that doesn't make sense - that's why they supposedly orbit around planets to maintain/ pick up speed - they are just grasping at straws, seeing which idea is most believable to people - all while never acknowledging they are just making it up - but you actually need to think about that, just not accept it.
Gold: 11,295.00
Jul 1 2016 09:46am
:rofl:
Gold: 16,240.00
Jul 1 2016 09:54am
Ah this thread is making my head hurt

Rockets work just fine in space, they push off against the fuel that they're carrying as they expel it
Smoke works fine with gravity, it's being suspended by the air and won't move towards the floor as the gas is already compressed as much as possible and exerts an equal force (air pressure!)

So are you trying to say that nasa/scientists etc are lying to everyone? why would they do this what's so paradigm shifting about the alternative that they wouldn't tell us. We know about multiple histories etc but that fact that gravity might be different to how we thought is too shocking to tell people?

Can i just ask what causes the attraction of uncharged objects then?
Or we trying to say that everything is different to how its thought, flat earth no space etc. Most of this shit comes from the bible btw
Jul 1 2016 03:33pm
Quote (dakariii @ Jul 1 2016 10:54am)
Ah this thread is making my head hurt

Rockets work just fine in space, they push off against the fuel that they're carrying as they expel it
Smoke works fine with gravity, it's being suspended by the air and won't move towards the floor as the gas is already compressed as much as possible and exerts an equal force (air pressure!)

So are you trying to say that nasa/scientists etc are lying to everyone? why would they do this what's so paradigm shifting about the alternative that they wouldn't tell us. We know about multiple histories etc but that fact that gravity might be different to how we thought is too shocking to tell people?

Can i just ask what causes the attraction of uncharged objects then?
Or we trying to say that everything is different to how its thought, flat earth no space etc. Most of this shit comes from the bible btw

Well, Nasa scientist's are just guilty of compartmentalized thinking and the bible only talks about the firmament, most of these anti ball Earth/No gravity proofs and ideas are from actual Scientists, philosophers,theoretic physics, quantum mechanics and string theorists who are still looking for a unifying theory and the reason they can't find it is because gravity doesnt exist. Religion has very little to do with it.

It like that saying about Teachers - If you can't think about something except regurgitate what you've been taught - be a teacher or a Government shill who works at Nasa.

This post was edited by card_sultan on Jul 1 2016 03:36pm
Gold: Locked
Warn: 20%
Jul 1 2016 03:37pm
Quote (MaliceMizer @ Jul 1 2016 06:23am)
They claim it's the combustion against the exhaust tubes themselves,
instead of a platform of the atmosphere.
Seems p fishy to me but I'm not really skeptical enough to reallygo there.

Well at least you know the basic idea, and there is nothing wrong with skepticism, so there is hope for you:

Newton's 3rd law: For every action there is an equal and opposite re-action.

In high friction environments (like in our daily lives) this isn't as obvious as it is in low friction environments. In a lower friction environment like say on very slippery ice, if you throw an object away from you, you will experience a force in the opposite direction of the object you threw. In space there is essentially no friction so the effect is even more pronounced. Rockets burn their fuel, producing super heated gases, then the gases are allowed to fly out the back of the rocket, so the rocket will experience a force in the opposite direction of the gases (pushing the rocket forward). The principle is the same as those toy rockets that you fill with water and pressurized gas. When the hole in the bottom is opened, the gas and water flies out bottom, pushing the rocket the other way.

here is someone doing it on a skateboard:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2RhQdHoZ1I

Jul 1 2016 03:42pm
Quote (Azrad @ Jul 1 2016 04:37pm)
Newton's 3rd law: For every action there is an equal and opposite re-action.

Punch a concrete wall and the only reaction will be you crying cause all your fingers are broken and you'll finally realize that all of Newton's theories are debunked.

Jul 1 2016 04:07pm
Quote (card_sultan @ Jul 1 2016 02:42pm)
Punch a concrete wall and the only reaction will be you crying cause all your fingers are broken and you'll finally realize that all of Newton's theories are debunked.

High friction environment, so it isn't as obvious, just like I said.
Jul 1 2016 04:12pm
Quote (card_sultan @ Jul 1 2016 02:42pm)

Quote (Azrad @ Jul 1 2016 03:07pm)
High friction environment, so it isn't as obvious, just like I said.

Try punching a wall (perhaps wrap your hand with something first, or just push the wall for safety) while you are standing on a skateboard.
Jul 1 2016 04:20pm
Quote (Azrad @ Jul 1 2016 05:12pm)
Try punching a wall (perhaps wrap your hand with something first, or just push the wall for safety) while you are standing on a skateboard.

I think you would need two actions then - one action to punch the concrete wall and then another action to push off the wall with your broken fingers in order to fool yourself that Newton's theories still hold a modicum of ultimate correctness.
Jul 1 2016 04:36pm
Quote (card_sultan @ Jul 1 2016 03:20pm)
I think you would need two actions then - one action to punch the concrete wall and then another action to push off the wall with your broken fingers in order to fool yourself that Newton's theories still hold a modicum of ultimate correctness.
No you don't. The key is punching the wall is in fact pushing off it.

Go Back To Science, Technology & Nature Topic List
Prev1171819202162Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll