d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Science, Technology & Nature > Flat Earth Vs Globe Earth > Why Or Why Not?
Prev1171819202154Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
Gold: 9,765.00
Warn: 60%
Jul 1 2016 03:19pm
Quote (dakariii @ Jul 1 2016 11:12am)
um if the earth was flat you could fall off the edge or go round the other side, are people trying to say that you teleport across space when you go off one side
or are you trying to ask if space/our universe is flat also?

in which case it doesn't matter, it's like is everything in 2d or just 0 and 1 in a computer code. What matters is the model/reality we experience

this whole thing is bs people have known about geometry for centuries, we have a sun, a moon that shows the earths shadow and we know the relationship between points on the earth, spheres in a 3d space in the only explanation without teleportation

btw you can easily go up high enough to see the curvature of the earth! in a plane etc

Fall off the earth - haha - that's a 17th century myth - its funny when people claim to be all sciency but need to resort to dark age logic.

IF you look out the pilots window - you dont see curve from any altitude - only ina passenger window with curved glass lenses.

This video shows curve but of course that is because he uses a very wide angle lense - you can actually see curve from the ground - can you see curve from the ground?

Its funny once you know the tricks of confusion.

https://youtu.be/q48Swb2ATww

here's the truth

Jul 1 2016 03:22pm
Gold: 16,240.00
Jul 1 2016 03:35pm
Quote (card_sultan @ Jul 1 2016 09:19pm)
Fall off the earth - haha - that's a 17th century myth - its funny when people claim to be all sciency but need to resort to dark age logic.

IF you look out the pilots window - you dont see curve from any altitude - only ina passenger window with curved glass lenses.

This video shows curve but of course that is because he uses a very wide angle lense - you can actually see curve from the ground - can you see curve from the ground?

Its funny once you know the tricks of confusion.

https://youtu.be/q48Swb2ATww

here's the truth

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wc_9uFQ9Ss4

like you probably need to go high enough, didn't think you could see it on normal commercial flights
are you trying to suggest that all pilots/plane designers etc as well as loads of other people are in on this massive conspiracy, i guess admitting to being wrong about something so important would make everyone question a lot of stuff

so what do you suggest happen when you reach an edge other than teleporting across space to the other side like i said, and if that's the case why don't we observe it on any other object that exist in this space. Or are you supposed to make a 180 degree turn and go down the other side?

i'm quite interesting in your views tbh, like if gravity doesn't exist whats going on with the solar system etc. is everything supposed to be these flat curved space disc things, is space 3d

This post was edited by dakariii on Jul 1 2016 03:43pm
Jul 1 2016 04:11pm
Quote (dakariii @ Jul 1 2016 04:35pm)
like you probably need to go high enough, didn't think you could see it on normal commercial flights
are you trying to suggest that all pilots/plane designers etc as well as loads of other people are in on this massive conspiracy, i guess admitting to being wrong about something so important would make everyone question a lot of stuff

so what do you suggest happen when you reach an edge other than teleporting across space to the other side like i said, and if that's the case why don't we observe it on any other object that exist in this space. Or are you supposed to make a 180 degree turn and go down the other side?

i'm quite interesting in your views tbh, like if gravity doesn't exist whats going on with the solar system etc. is everything supposed to be these flat curved space disc things, is space 3d

Well there are hot air balloons and rockets that are privately launched that reach 125,000 feet and show a completely flat plane still., as long as they dont use a wide angle lense like is what is used on most cheap cameras. Even at that height you should be able to see plenty of curve - but there is none.

The only people that have shown curve are Nasa and private companies - but once you realize that itself is a composite image in that it is from at least 2 cameras with 2 different focal lengths so it's easy to do - one video is using a very wide angle lense of the flat plane and it is captured using high altitude planes and then the other shot is of the "Spacecraft" in a studio with greenscreen technology behind it.

As for the idea that if it is flat, it must end - i think it's wrong. If one looks at early Vedic teaching, the flat Earth is just a small area at the center of a huge large plain (Imagine a pin in a field and you've on to some perspective) and the Antarctic shelf is just a barrier that hides much more land beyond it.

And supposedly - that's where all these UFOs that people are filming are coming from - and not from a kazillion miles away from deep space.
Jul 2 2016 02:42pm
Quote (card_sultan @ Jul 1 2016 10:11pm)
As for the idea that if it is flat, it must end - i think it's wrong. If one looks at early Vedic teaching, the flat Earth is just a small area at the center of a huge large plain (Imagine a pin in a field and you've on to some perspective) and the Antarctic shelf is just a barrier that hides much more land beyond it.

And supposedly - that's where all these UFOs that people are filming are coming from - and not from a kazillion miles away from deep space.

Is this what you're talking about?

Here's some things i can see wrong with this

If you look at the Antarctic edges it should be concave bending around towards you, also no matter where you are if you walk in a straight line you will hit Antarctica but in reality there are plenty of lines that won't

On the Arctic the sun would always be in the sky at the same angle. No where would you have a sun set, no the sun changing size would not cause this. Plus if it's the distance away from us we think it wouldn't change size at all. And if it was very close it would just end up being like half the size at its furthers point for example. Sunset if caused by the light hitting clouds etc but not shining directly on the ground. And this extra land beyond Antarctica would be constant night/cold but they're capably of exploring but not coming over here while we're not capable of going over there?

Basically this crap doesn't work without space bending or something that makes it essentially the same as it being a globe. In which case it might as well be a globe! It's upto you guys prove this ridiculous theory tbh, all you need for globes is a 3d space and a force (gravity!) that pulls matter together. A force we all experience and easily measure btw!!

ever heard of this? its funny how we know the distance to circumnavigate the earth and how much a sphere of rock this size should weigh, then the exact mysterious force that we all experience on a daily basis just magically appears!!
FUCKING DIPSHITS

This post was edited by dakariii on Jul 2 2016 02:56pm
Jul 2 2016 10:09pm
Quote (dakariii @ Jul 2 2016 03:42pm)
Is this what you're talking about?
http://henrymakow.com/upload_images/Map%20Sun%20Moon%20flat%20earth.jpg
Here's some things i can see wrong with this

If you look at the Antarctic edges it should be concave bending around towards you, also no matter where you are if you walk in a straight line you will hit Antarctica but in reality there are plenty of lines that won't

On the Arctic the sun would always be in the sky at the same angle. No where would you have a sun set, no the sun changing size would not cause this. Plus if it's the distance away from us we think it wouldn't change size at all. And if it was very close it would just end up being like half the size at its furthers point for example. Sunset if caused by the light hitting clouds etc but not shining directly on the ground. And this extra land beyond Antarctica would be constant night/cold but they're capably of exploring but not coming over here while we're not capable of going over there?

Basically this crap doesn't work without space bending or something that makes it essentially the same as it being a globe. In which case it might as well be a globe! It's upto you guys prove this ridiculous theory tbh, all you need for globes is a 3d space and a force (gravity!) that pulls matter together. A force we all experience and easily measure btw!!
http://web2.uwindsor.ca/courses/physics/high_schools/2006/Space_Exploration/gravitylaw.jpg
ever heard of this? its funny how we know the distance to circumnavigate the earth and how much a sphere of rock this size should weigh, then the exact mysterious force that we all experience on a daily basis just magically appears!!
FUCKING DIPSHITS

Its like arguing with a 6 year old, telling him there is no Santa Claus and he comes back and claims proof of last years presents, um ok - whatever
do me a favour, read all the FE threads on jsp, study Geocentrism for a year and if you still have question, feel free to ask me.

This post was edited by card_sultan on Jul 2 2016 10:16pm
Jul 3 2016 02:03am
geocentrism model?

why the fuck would i study that? you guys have just rejected popular proven scientific models because it fits in with your paranoid conspiracy theory view of life.
But without viable alternatives to an already working model it's just complete crap
So the earth is the center of the universe and its flat and there aren't millions of stars etc, you realize the only way life evolved on the earth is with billions of alternative suns/worlds so that the minute chance could be realized. Why the fuck would the earth be the center just because we find ourselves here. The only way this works is if god just made universe in whatever well he felt like it. In which case who cares about the science, it is what it is coz it was made like this

Hey here we go i think that light isn't real, they've been lying to us/falsifying the results of all experiment for ages. I thinks its actually weird mutated from of sound (oh shit i gave the alternative) supposed to leave this open so it isn't as easy to disprove! But yeah this is case now you have to prove to me that light is real or stfu

I assume you think gravity is a type of electromagnetism (that basically does the exact same thing as gravity!!)? or do fairies make sure we don't fly off the ground when we jump up?
In which case why is the acceleration not affected by any type of electric or magnetic charge on the falling object?
Gold: 222.46
Jul 3 2016 02:10am
The earth's flat guys get over it.
Gold: 47.40
Jul 3 2016 05:39pm
so that's what happened to amelia earhart, she fell off the table.
Jul 3 2016 05:51pm
Quote (Shadowoffury @ Jul 3 2016 06:39pm)
so that's what happened to amelia earhart, she fell off the table.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2014/oct/30/amelia-earhart-plane-finally-found-not-so-fast

probably just ran out of gas or pilot, mechanical, navigational or atmospheric conditional error

Quote (dakariii @ Jul 3 2016 03:03am)
geocentrism model?

why the fuck would i study that?

because all of Heliocentrism turn out to be just assumptions and medieval logic, but if your looking for a reason to not even think about the nature of reality, then feel free to eat it up - the world will still be flat whenever you choose to accept it.

This post was edited by card_sultan on Jul 3 2016 05:58pm
Go Back To Science, Technology & Nature Topic List
Prev1171819202154Next
Closed New Topic New Poll