d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Science, Technology & Nature >
Poll > The Case For Electromagnetic Universe > + Other Heresy Against The Establishment
Prev1131415161762Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 4.77
Jun 26 2016 08:51pm
Quote (Azrad @ 26 Jun 2016 18:53)
You can actually test this with grade school science fair project.

Start with 2 metallic balloons. Ground each of them with a wire, then remove it. Now put a large charge on balloon A by rubbing it against some fur. Lets call this charge -k. Now connect balloon A to balloon B with a wire, then remove the wire. Now the charge on each balloon is -k/2. Now bring the balloons close together without letting them touch. They both have the same charge, so according to you ("like attracts like") they should attract. According to every physicist for the last 150 years, they should repel ("opposites repel"). Try it out!

You've entirely missed the point.
You're describing dielectricity as it is misconstrued into magnetism.

That's not religious, that's cold hard fact.
Word salad is an insulting assertion because I'm providing the proper evidence to support my explanation, as my explanation is different from the current paradigm.

If I make it to the dollar store after work for some balloons I'll show you how the magnetic fields behave vs how the dielectric fields behave.

This is indeed a good experiment conduct.

This post was edited by MaliceMizer on Jun 26 2016 08:55pm
Gold: 9,765.00
Warn: 60%
Jun 27 2016 02:01pm
Quote (Scaly @ Jun 26 2016 05:40pm)
Fuck me... get this shit out of the science forum pls. This ain't science. It's fuckin' nuts.

98% of Idiots think Circumnavigation is only possible on a globe, is that the kind of Science you like? Assumptions and myths aren't science - their simply dark age Logic.

This post was edited by card_sultan on Jun 27 2016 02:03pm
Gold: Locked
Warn: 20%
Jun 27 2016 03:47pm
Quote (MaliceMizer @ Jun 26 2016 07:51pm)
If I make it to the dollar store after work for some balloons I'll show you how the magnetic fields behave vs how the dielectric fields behave.

While you are at it, explain how the simplest circuit I can think of (say a battery and light-bulb) works if "like attracts like". Since all electrons have the same charge, and you say like attracts like, all the electrons would just stick together and not move.
---------------------------
Also another grade-school experiment to demonstrate how wrong this is. Take 3 bar magnets: A, B, and C.

1. Mark 1 end of magnet A with white paint (your choice which end)
2. Align magnet B with the white end of A until you get the maximum repulsion. Since you say like charges attract, and opposites repel, mark the end of B closes to A with black paint since it is clearly the opposite charge (according to you).
3. Set aside magnet B
4. Repeat step 2, substituting magnet C for magnet B.
5. Now you should have one magnets with a white end (A), and 2 magnets with black ends (B and C). Push the black ends of B and C together. You said like attracts like so they should attract. Every physicist for the last 150 years will tell you that they will repel. Try it for yourself.

Jun 27 2016 05:34pm
Quote (Azrad @ 27 Jun 2016 16:47)
While you are at it, explain how the simplest circuit I can think of (say a battery and light-bulb) works if "like attracts like". Since all electrons have the same charge, and you say like attracts like, all the electrons would just stick together and not move.
---------------------------
Also another grade-school experiment to demonstrate how wrong this is. Take 3 bar magnets: A, B, and C.

1. Mark 1 end of magnet A with white paint (your choice which end)
2. Align magnet B with the white end of A until you get the maximum repulsion. Since you say like charges attract, and opposites repel, mark the end of B closes to A with black paint since it is clearly the opposite charge (according to you).
3. Set aside magnet B
4. Repeat step 2, substituting magnet C for magnet B.
5. Now you should have one magnets with a white end (A), and 2 magnets with black ends (B and C). Push the black ends of B and C together. You said like attracts like so they should attract. Every physicist for the last 150 years will tell you that they will repel. Try it for yourself.

Ok you're now trying to tell me how a circuit works. I'm not even going to humor that I've wrapped 20 transformer coils in the last year how many circuits have you built?

This post was edited by MaliceMizer on Jun 27 2016 05:35pm
Jun 27 2016 07:49pm
Why does each axis have more than one label?

How did the balloons turn out?
Jun 27 2016 11:22pm
To debunk the myth that FE or the lack of proof of Gravity has anything to do with Religion, here's a nice video that destroys Einstein, and Relativity with pure science.

Jun 28 2016 03:58am
Quote (Azrad @ 26 Jun 2016 18:53)
You can actually test this with grade school science fair project.

Start with 2 metallic balloons. Ground each of them with a wire, then remove it. Now put a large charge on balloon A by rubbing it against some fur. Lets call this charge -k. Now connect balloon A to balloon B with a wire, then remove the wire. Now the charge on each balloon is -k/2. Now bring the balloons close together without letting them touch. They both have the same charge, so according to you ("like attracts like") they should attract. According to every physicist for the last 150 years, they should repel ("opposites repel"). Try it out!

But new research published in the journal Science shows that static electricity is caused by more than just the exchange of individual electrons, and instead involves the transfer of bigger (yet still tiny) clumps of material.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/shocking-new-theory-about-static-electricity/

www.research.ed.ac.uk/portal/files/18449994/The_mosaic_of_surface_charge_in_contact_electrification.pdf

How static electricity actually works:

So then what I agreed to do was show you that I can flip the "polarities" with magnets,
and I got some balloons off Prime Now prepare your tits for some magic.

This post was edited by MaliceMizer on Jun 28 2016 03:59am
Jun 28 2016 05:17am
Quote (MaliceMizer @ Jun 28 2016 02:58am)
So then what I agreed to do was show you that I can flip the "polarities" with magnets

I want to see like attracts like, since it direct contradiction with modern and classical mechanics, and should be extremely simple to test. You want to upset the applecart of physics. Well if you can establish that like electrical charges attract, large hunks of physics will go down in flames. I'm not interested in your word salad claims, since "you cannot prove a vague theory wrong" - Richard Feynman.

Jun 28 2016 09:12am
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard Feynman.

If our greatest astro priest still thinks that things fall because of gravity, and without it we would all be floating around

then why doesnt dropping extended slinkys prove that the earth is not spinning and that gravity doesnt exist? and that our idea of space is just through cgi, fantasy films and being inside falling airplanes?

Quote (Scaly @ Jun 26 2016 05:40pm)
Fuck me... get this shit out of the science forum pls. This ain't science. It's fuckin' nuts.

Proof you think Science is unquestionable and is nothing more than your new dogmatic Religion.

This post was edited by card_sultan on Jun 28 2016 09:27am
Jun 28 2016 01:58pm
For anyone who thinks those videos of a spring somehow puts gravity in question, I have a surprise for you:

It is actually a demonstration of gravity. As any toddler who has played with a spring knows, a stretched spring experiences a force which drives the ends of the spring towards its rest length. In this video it means the top of the spring is experiencing a downward force to restore it to its rest length, while the bottom of the spring experiences an upward force for the same reason. However the bottom of the spring does not move so the upwards spring force on the bottom is being canceled by a downward force. As any toddler knows, when you drop an object it experiences a downward force: gravity. So the reason the bottom of the spring does not move is because these two forces are balanced.

If you think that video puts gravity in question: you just failed "toddler mechanics".
Go Back To Science, Technology & Nature Topic List
Prev1131415161762Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll