d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > The Uber Wolf Druid Guide
12316Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Aug 3 2011 06:08pm
The Uber Wolf
In this guide
1. Description
2. Goal
3. Gear
4. Skills
5. Stats
6. Prebuffing
7. Strategy

Description:
This build is simply less expensive compared to a smiter, and if you follow it, quicker than a smiter in ubers. From my experience with smiters and with my uberwolf, the uberwolf was 5x times faster, and about half the cost.

Goal:
We want to be able to reach 5k damage with fury, and have about 5k life, without a torch being used, we also want as much fhr, cb, ow, ll, res and ds. But the ultimate goal, is to uber solo, which is achievable.

Gear:
There aren’t many variant gear choices here, in most cases, the best item is also the cheapest

***Weapon:Ohm’d Up’d Ribcracker
it’s the best from my experience, explained below

Shield: No shield is needed as Ribcraker is 2handed(staff)

Armor: CoH
I use a wire fleece, really anything that gets you over 800def is good (keep strength req down though)
Gives you res, +2 skills, damage to demons, damage to undead, +more

Head: Um’d Jalal’s
best s/s druid helm, fhr and res + the skills

Gloves: Draculs Grasp
best you can get, ow & ll

Boots: Gore Riders
cb, ds, ow

***Belt: verdungos & thunder gods
Dungos gives you some pretty useful mods life rep, vitality, fhr and damage reduction

Amulet: Highlord's
gets light res +1 skill and ias

Ring1: Ravenfrost
good ar and dex

***Ring2: ravenfrost & wisp & carrion

Switch: Cta + Spirit

***No Torch
Anni
x9 s/s GCs

This is how your set-up should look like

you will have to switch on tgods and 1 wisp for mephisto and you have to switch off a raven for carrion against lilith, the gears res by itself just isn’t enough for specific elements, but if you switch to the right res/sorb it fixes this problem, you MUST keep one raven on at all times!

You will not be using a torch for the fact that it is not necessary and it leaves room for the unidentified torch

The reason why I find ribcracker>etomb is that it has more of the stuff we are looking for, you are getting 50% more crushing blow & 50%fhr

Skills:
20 Werewolf
20 Lycanthropy
20 Fury
20 Oak Sage
1 Carrion Vine
1 into all of cyclone armor synergies
Rest into cyclone armor

Carrion vine will give you replenished life for each corpse it eats, and this is benifited by the fact that fury is like zeal, killing monsters you aren’t even targeting and giving you health
Werewolf and lycanthropy are obvious, you need to transform and lycanthropy gives bonuses
Oak sage gives you a lot of extra life, which helps you

Stats:
Strength-base enough for gear
Dexterity-none
Vitality-Rest
Energy-none

I don’t like glitching strength because my ribcracker poofed once while glitching on ladder, but its your choice
One raven is enough to get ribcracker on, and raven doesn’t require anything but level req
Every last stat point in here can help a lot, because of the fact that bo is upping your life a lot and wolf form too
Mana is only a problem with manaburn, which is gonna affect you either way, health is more important

Prebuffing:
this can be tricky, but I’ve found that there is only one way to do this. As you will not gain any skills from ribcracker, you will use spirit/CTA to cast cyclone armor, summons & transforming
heres what you do
1. start in human form
2. cast bc then bo
3. cast spirit & vine
4. cast bo again for your spirit
5. transform into wolf
6. switch to ribcracker

Left click-Fury

Right click
F1-bc
F2-bo
F3-cyclone armor
F4-carrion vine
F5-oak sage
F6-Werewolf
F7-Tps

I organized them like that for easy casting while prebuffing

Strategy:
I don’t usually have a strategy while doing ubers, I go in the portal an kill the first uber I see, but killing mephisto first really helps keep the monsters to a minimum, killing baal next can shorten the time frame in certain cases, the longer you leave him the longer he has to clone himself.
Killing is easy, just prebuff, go in, namelock and wait til they die, then move to the next uber.
For Mini-Ubers, it is extremely easy, as your main skill fury, is similar to zeal, and will kill mobs quickly.

Hope this guide helps, and if you don’t like him, its an easy switch to a smiter (even though I prefer this)

Time Frames:
Uber Duriel: 30secs-1min
Lilith: 40secs-1:30mins
Uber Izual:15secs-30secs (easiest)
Uber Diablo:1min-1:30mins
Uber Mephisto:15secs-1:30mins
Uber Baal:45secs-1:20mins

The way I have done this is from first hit to last hit
I have put my fastest time to my slowest time
Uber Mephisto was killed in 15secs because I think the game got lagged and glitched somehow, his health went down unusually quick and I wouldn’t guarantee this kind of speed, these are also estimated times by a friend in game who timed (he was not helping)

any question please let me know
i know i reposted this guide but its edited and better
Aug 3 2011 08:18pm
need to know what you guys think of this guide, lmk :D
Gold: 5.00
Aug 3 2011 08:23pm
Just out of curiousity, how many times do you have to resummon your sage? seems like he would die a lot. looks like fun though.
Gold: 12.20
Aug 3 2011 08:27pm
Cool guide !
Aug 3 2011 08:27pm
Quote (sdmf @ Aug 3 2011 11:23pm)
Just out of curiousity, how many times do you have to resummon your sage? seems like he would die a lot. looks like fun though.

all depends on the game, and what the mobs are like, usually like 3-5 times per game, i like recasting bo and all that stuff after each mini/trist uber kill anyways, and yes, way more fun then smiter

Quote (xJay @ Aug 3 2011 11:27pm)
Cool guide !

thanks

This post was edited by pensfanlf on Aug 3 2011 08:28pm
Gold: 5.00
Aug 3 2011 08:51pm
Quote (pensfanlf @ Aug 3 2011 09:27pm)
all depends on the game, and what the mobs are like, usually like 3-5 times per game, i like recasting bo and all that stuff after each mini/trist uber kill anyways, and yes, way more fun then smiter

thanks

I was actually expecting many more than that.
Aug 3 2011 08:54pm
Quote (sdmf @ Aug 3 2011 11:51pm)
I was actually expecting many more than that.

i hardly realize the difference in game play when the oak sage does die, so if you recast as soon as he died it would be alot more probably, hes not neccesary but can help
Gold: 1,145.00
Aug 3 2011 08:58pm
The idea and items are okay, but making a guide about that build seems unnecessary to me...

ANY melee char with a source of enough CB (btw. definitely use Goblin Toes instead of Gores!) and a source of Life Tap (Nec Wand, Skill, Dracul's, whatever) can do Ubers...
Also, you talk about the build being cheaper than Smiters... I see 2 HRs, which a budget smiter wouldn't need... iso alternatives for CoH and Ohm in Ribcracker...
Aug 3 2011 09:03pm
Quote (aneas @ Aug 3 2011 11:58pm)
The idea and items are okay, but making a guide about that build seems unnecessary to me...

ANY melee char with a source of enough CB (btw. definitely use Goblin Toes instead of Gores!) and a source of Life Tap (Nec Wand, Skill, Dracul's, whatever) can do Ubers...
Also, you talk about the build being cheaper than Smiters... I see 2 HRs, which a budget smiter wouldn't need... iso alternatives for CoH and Ohm in Ribcracker...

ohm is not neccesary, just put up what i thought worked best in it, my ribcracker currently is not socketed with one, i had one socketed with ohm, but it poofed on me
as for the armor, i didnt try any other options, but some people ive talked to said cheap armor for this build could be the rw smoke

there are many uber type chars

summonmancer
kicksin
smiter
wolf druid

i dont know about sorc/zon/barb
but people have their preference in character, if they dont like pallys, they might go for a different type of char
just giving the options

This post was edited by pensfanlf on Aug 3 2011 09:10pm
Gold: 1,145.00
Aug 3 2011 09:13pm
Smoke, Treachery, Lionheart are ALL good alternatives, so is an Um'ed Viper... just try to get some Res.
Also, either use Goblins instead of Gores OR use Guillaume's instead of Jalal's.
Best socket for Ribcracker would be an ETH Rune...
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
12316Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll