d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > Tiger Strike Assassin
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Nov 7 2010 08:05pm
So recently I started a new assassin, and decided to try something new. Instead of another thunder claw Assassin, trapsin or wwsin I was curious how a Tiger Strike assassin would do in hell mode. So I'm just trying to build a badass physical damage assassin, just for fun / something different. This char is mainly just for PVM though when it's done I'll do some pub duels for laughs.

Here's what I've got going on right now. Stats listed with gear on FYI.

Assassin lvl 69

STR - 162
DEX - 162
VIT - 260
ENRGY - 27

Skills

MA - Max tiger strike, 1 pt cobra strike and dragon flight
SHADOW - Max claw mastery, maxing out venom, few pts into dual block and BoS, 1 pt into mind blast and shadow warrior
TRAPS - 1pt death sentry

GEAR

Shako
Highlords
Goreriders
2x Upped Bartucs socketed with Eth
AP Fort
Verdungos
Ravenfrost
junk LL ring
IK glove (Replacing with Dracs when I lvl)
Shadow and MA skillers
Demon Limb in stash for when I duel
CTa / Lidless on switch

I'm also making a chaos claw right now to test out, if I don't like the way it works I'll throw it on one of my other sins and make a WW sin with it. Have sin torch and anni ready to go. Plan to socket shako with um for more res.

EDIT: Here's the chaos! http://imgur.com/iLB4q.jpg doing 7.2k max with it with everything above still the same just 1 tucs and 1 chaos instead of 2x tucs.

I'm doing over 6k damage right now with the bartucs and no torch, even more with might merc. I'm raping everything in hell act 1 (Which is where I currently am). Resistances suck and monsters I can't leech off of can be a pain, but most everything else goes down EZ. No rushing with this char, I've been tanking all the act bosses no problem. I get over 2000% ED from tiger strike right now. I should be doing more than 10k damage when I'm done. Physical immunes aren't too hard to take down, but are a bit of a pain. Thought about doing 1 pt fire claws for them, but right now venom + fire kick skill has been working.

This character has been very fun to play. Cast cloak of shadows, tele kick in, rape a few monsters, lay death sentry, kill off survivors.

PVP is something I plan to try with this char, not seriously just for laughs. Might respec and max dragon flight if I do that.

Any thoughts on what I should do differently when I respec? Stats and skills aren't perfect as I planned to just roll with it and respec once I've figured out what all I want to do, like whether or not max venom is worth it etc.

This post was edited by R77 on Nov 7 2010 08:31pm
Gold: 26,562.10
Nov 9 2010 12:28am
vn1 guide

creative
Nov 9 2010 08:10am
Quote (Pick @ Nov 9 2010 02:28am)
vn1 guide

creative

? I don't know what you mean ?

Either way, leveled up to 80. Rapes all normal monsters easy, WW is nice to take out large groups of weak enemies (Blood maggots etc.) and tiger strike mauls stronger characters. Doing nearly 9k damage on a full tiger strike charge with might merc. Still need to get charms for her. Still not 100% sure on how I want to do the skills for PVP, but for PVM I'm pretty happy with what I went with. Max Tiger Strike, Venom and Claw mastery, 1pt into all trap skills but inferno trap, 1 pt into all shadow skills but shadow master, dump extra points in claw block, fade or dragon skill of choice (Using the dual claw one). With Chaos Physical immune monsters are no problem, as long as there isn't mobs of strong PI monsters. Fun build though.

Took it to uber tristram and she did ok. I switched out Shadow Dancers for gores and shako for Guill's face.

This post was edited by R77 on Nov 9 2010 08:11am
Gold: 2,255.00
Nov 9 2010 08:13am
What finishing move are you using to release the charged up TS?

For pvm, I always used dragon tail to release the TS charges, if its maxed out, you do stupid amts of damage, lol. I think I was at like 65k dtails with TS charged up.
Nov 9 2010 08:29am
Quote (bigspot_05 @ Nov 9 2010 10:13am)
What finishing move are you using to release the charged up TS?

For pvm, I always used dragon tail to release the TS charges, if its maxed out, you do stupid amts of damage, lol.  I think I was at like 65k dtails with TS charged up.

I might try that out. I think I'm using dragon claw, whatever the dual claw attack is.

The way I've been playing is dragon flight into the middle of a mob, do 1 WW to poison and freeze everyone, then tiger strike / dragon claw them to pieces while throwing down a few death sentries once some bodies are on the ground. It's a very efficient killer, but I'll have to see about dragon tail...
Nov 10 2010 03:08am

That's what I'm working with right now, after switching to dragon tail. Good suggestion :) Resists are fine when I have fade on, that was with BoS. Not that it matters, I kill everything in hell so fast that I rarely take damage. Doing alright in duels, but WW is better than tiger strike unless they're a complete noob. Probably going to have to put together a new WW sin to duel with, and keep this one for pvm. Hitting max IAs and FHR bp (the reasonable ones) I believe, and with fade and full charms have max DR and max res. 60% block.

This post was edited by R77 on Nov 10 2010 03:13am
Gold: 1,583.00
Warn: 10%
Nov 10 2010 03:25am
you will die to a naked barbarian punching you

prove me wrong
Nov 10 2010 12:54pm
Well it's a PVM build so I don't care, I tried duels with it just for fun, like the times I tried to duel with my thunder claw sin ^^
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll