d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > Lld Level 30 Tele Ww Barb Guide > D2:R
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 45,659.00
Warn: 10%
Jan 18 2022 09:04am
This is a guide similar to the Diablo 2 LLD Bowa Guides written by ste1 here: https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=14461293&f=143 (all credit to him), you may also consider some of the stuff written in gorillaguys throw barb guide here: https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=74255445 (all credit to him). This guide is also complemented by the guide written by sxtitan here: https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=45904324&f=143&o=0#p305991262 (all credit to him for pioneering tele-barbs) and finally credit to everyone here: https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=88125098&f=143
This updated guide is intended for the game Diablo 2 : Resurrected.

====================================================================================================================================================

Barbarians are one of the most prevalent classes at all PvP levels of the game, and at 30 it is no different. In fact, with a Tele Staff, this is currently the best bracket in D2r to have a PVP Barbarian right now. With High Life, High Damage, High Mobility (FRW and/or Tele) with practice, experience and skill, you have a wrecking machine in your hands which will literally obliterate most other classes. The only draw back to the build is the cost (Invent/gear) in particular the availability of great (eth repl) weapons.

The only anti class would be sorc but even then its not a straight loss. If you can work a telestaff and like barbarians, this might be the build for you.

====================================================================================================================================================

Break Points:

Attack Speed

1 Handers(Robo is the Go-To for most players until Eth Repl's become common)

44% IAS needed for an Exec
34% IAS needed for a Naga [ x2 Shael a Robo ]
34% IAS needed for the unique sword Bloodletter [ i.e. Shael it/them ]
24% IAS needed for a Zweihander
24% IAS needed for a Harpoon

2 Handers(Good Luck finding a good rare)

79% IAS needed for a Lance (erff)
59% IAS needed for a Bec de Corbin
49% IAS needed for a Grim Scythe

Faster Cast Rate

It is recommended you have 63% faster cast. this can be obtained in a number of ways i.e.

20 (TeleStaff) + 30 (Viper) + 20 (2 rings or 1 ring and amulet)
20 (TeleStaff) + 20 (Circlet) + 30 (2 rings and amulet)
20 (Circlet) + 30 (Viper) + 20 (2 rings or 1 ring and amulet)
20 (Circlet) + 20 (Telestaff) + 30 (2 rings and amulet)

Faster Hit Recovery

I will stay silent on this for now, more testing needed to determine optimal FHR in D2r noting stunlock is really a thing now.

Stat Placement:

Strength - Enough for Gear
Dex - Enough for Max Block
Vita - Everything else here
Energy - None

Hell Rushed, all stat/skill quests completed.

Gear:

Your Gear is pretty straight forward ~ 30Frw Circlet (2 sox please with damage jewels), Barb Life Mana Amulet, Viper (or Artisans Squid Plate) with damage jewels, a Robo (or 2) or better weapon, A Dragon Shield of Deflecting (or better, with damage Jewels) Ik Gloves, String, Rare rings with Damage/Life/Repl and High Mana and Sanders Boots. You wont need res on hardly any of your gear (Nat Res, Anya and with tele staff, Viper)

You will utilise a Tele-Staff on switch for catch opponents. Non-tele barbs can use Bo sticks on switch but I dont recommend non-tele. Its 2022, teleport is the way, ok.

Helmets

A quick comment on Helmets - Helmets with + Whirlwind can no longer spawn unfortunately. They removed it as part of a "Fix" for Launch of D2r. There, a FRW Circlet with Cube Helmet for BO, looks to be the Meta now.

Circlet

1. 1 Barb 30frw 2 sox. Ideally with 20% FCR

Starter: Peasant Crown
Intermediate: 1 Barb 30frw 2 sox { Note that FRW is not the be all and end all, you can also use Barb helmets both 3 sox with skills and 2 sox with skills + Life }
End Goal: 1 Barb 30frw 20fcr 2 sox + adds {Life / repl etc}

Perfect Jewels would be a 20ed 6str 9 dex with 60? ar. You can also consider using Maxer jewels (24 maxer's)

Note: I recommend a circlet as I advocate Cube Invent BO, where you switch your circlet for helmet to get +5 BO (will last the entire duel ok).
Note: I do not recommend stash BO. please dont do this, it takes too long

Amulet:

1. Rare Amulet +1 Barb (or +2 Masteries) Life, Repl and Mana. Bonus would be to have 10FCR on the amulet

Starter: 1 Barb (or 2 Mastery) + Life or + Mana
Intermediate: 1 Barb (or 2 Mastery ) Life + Mana
End Goal: 1 Barb ( or 2 Mastery ) 60 Life 10 Repl Life and 90 Mana

Weapon(s):

1. Rare Eth Repl Weapon which meets the breakpoint (above) already or with Shaels. 165% ed is max %ED for level 30 {might take years to spawn}
2. Rare Weapon that beats a Robo
3. Robo Naga 40IAS
4. Bloodletters Shaeled

Switch:

1. Tele-Staff
2. Bo Sticks (if not using teleport) < NOT RECOMMENDED >

Shield:

1. Rare 30/20 with FHR, 2 sox and 5 replenish Life in Grim Shield or Dragon Shield. Bonus adds would be enhanced defense and Eth Repl.
2. Artisans Dragon Shield of Deflecting with x3 20ed 6 str 9 dex 15 mana jewels (20ed/9dex is a good starter jewel here ok)

Armor:

1. Artisans Light Plate or Mage Plate of the Squid (80 life 3 sox) with x3 24 maxers
2. Viper with 24 maxer or 20ed/6str/9dex (depending on if you switch and swap armors or not)

Gloves:

1. IK Gloves
2. Bloodfists

Rings:

1. Rare Ring. You are looking for this mods (you can get everything ok): Min Damage/Faster Cast/AR/Str/Life/Repl/Mana
Starter ring would simply need 10FCR 90 Mana
Advanced ring would be 10FCR 121ar or 9 str and 90 Mana
and End Goal is something like 10FCR 121 Ar 9 str 5 repl and 90 Mana

Belt:

1. String of Ears

If people move away from string (say, tournaments) you could use a faster cast belt to get to 63% or a rare with 24fhr 9str 60 life 5 repl life

Boots:

1. Sanders
With Str bug and pre-patch boots being a thing of the past, Sanders are now the go-to boots (much to my horror!)

Invent:

1. x40 3max/20ar/15 life
2. x30 3max/20ar/15 life x10 3frw/20ar/3max (if FRW based)

You get 40 FRW from Boots and 30 FRW from Circlet and 34~? from FRW Skill

Skills:

1 to Whirlwind and all pre-required skills
Max Battle Orders, 1 point to all pre-required skills
1 to Battle Command
1 to Iron Skin
1 to Natural Resistance
1 to Increase Stamina
All remaining points into Increased Speed

Congratulations! You have made a cookie cutter LLD Barb. Stupidly high life and stupidly high damage, tele forth and ww your opponents off the map

I have purposely not added a strategy section to this guide noting its too early in the life of D2r to provide a comprehensive strategy section

I or someone else will/can update this accordingly in the future in the event that new gear (runeword/other) become available. If I missed anything let me know and I can add on repost

This post was edited by ferdia on Jan 18 2022 09:11am
Gold: 22.00
Jan 19 2022 10:09am
These guides already exist in Lld section.. why are you reposting them all here lol
Jan 19 2022 10:20am
Quote (Belarathon @ Jan 19 2022 04:09pm)
These guides already exist in Lld section.. why are you reposting them all here lol

The Low Level Dueling section does not have a Tag for D2r and the moderators and admin of this site have stated that they will not add such a tag to the Low Level Dueling Section of this site. Therefore D2r players won't know to go looking for D2r guides there. Thus I am reposting a rough draft of all the guides here for now, and will circle back on them all (and rewrite them all) once we see the ladder runewords (to see if affects pvp) at which time we should have a better idea on whether the strategy sections are the same or need tweaking.

The same is being done for the HLD guides by other users in the background with the intention of getting a new topic with guides 9-99 stickied in the strategy section of this site under a D2r Tag.

Also if you or anyone else wants to peak at any of these guides to spot errors or alternatives, please do so, while we have our disagreements on some things you know more about some builds then I do (re: telestaffs in particular) so feel free to flame me if I made errors anywhere in the guides / better meta setups.

This post was edited by ferdia on Jan 19 2022 10:22am
Jan 19 2022 10:55am
Also there is no stickied guide for LLD tele barb (which is why I reached out to the community a few months ago to get pointed at sxtitans guide, which should really have been stickied).

This post was edited by ferdia on Jan 19 2022 10:55am
Gold: 5,043.56
Jan 20 2022 08:56pm
Stop posting this useless crap no1 cares about, ty
Gold: 8,690.00
Jan 20 2022 09:32pm
lag
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll