d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > Tudey's Balanced Bvc Guide!!! > Life & Damage
Prev18910111216Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 7.18
Warn: 100%
Jan 24 2010 06:37pm
Quote (bigk89 @ 24 Jan 2010 23:41)
nice guide, I'm just curious about when you say "grief is not affected by damage multipliers". I was under the impression that the +dmg on grief is affected by %ed from fort/axe mastery/etc?

LOL?_?
Gold: 0.00
Jan 24 2010 10:56pm
LOL NICE COPYPASTA / 10

:rofl:

edit:
http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=35265820&f=87
wtf endurack has time machine/ ?_?

This post was edited by sylvannos on Jan 24 2010 11:11pm
Gold: 822.00
Jan 25 2010 12:44am
inb4clowned4planiraqiarism
Jan 25 2010 11:28am
bump
Gold: 1.50
Jan 25 2010 11:40am
... A bad attempt at a troll?

Or just a copypasta failbarb guide for lulz?

Not going to bother commenting on it, so much things that are so wrong. All I'm going to say is not enough dual Lacerators.

And lol @ 4,500 defense on enemies.

This post was edited by olba on Jan 25 2010 11:43am
Gold: 1,592.53
Jan 25 2010 11:54am
Quote (olba @ Jan 25 2010 05:40pm)
... A bad attempt at a troll?

Or just a copypasta failbarb guide for lulz?

Not going to bother commenting on it, so much things that are so wrong. All I'm going to say is not enough dual Lacerators.

And lol @ 4,500 defense on enemies.

don't hate. I know you want to comment.

No one really takes regard to this but this is a huge factor in any Barbarian – Cannot Be Frozen. Just like an Amazon a Barbarian is based on IAS for Whirlwind Breakpoints. People think if you get frozen you hit a target more. LMFAO WOW YOU ARE WRONG. When you are frozen your 4 FPA Whirlwind drops to 8 FPA effectively reducing the attempted hits by 3 per Whirlwind Cycle. You want to make sure you Cannot Be Frozen. Since this build uses 2x FCR Rings, you must receive CBF elsewhere.

*Weapon I:
Ethereal Death Cleaver is what this whole build is about. You want to achieve insane damage limits and then Amplify that damage further by 100% Deadly Strike. Now here is the down fall. Whirlwind is based on the lead weapon, in this case it would be “Grief” versus Ethereal Death Cleaver as your lead weapon. Since the inherited mods of these items are only calculated by the lead weapon, the “Beast” does not receive the +400 damage from “Grief” nor the 66% Deadly Strike from the EDC. So, you only have 100% Deadly Strike on your lead weapon and +400 Damage on “Grief” side.

*Weapon II:
You have 35% Deadly Strike plus the 23% Critical Strike from your Axe Mastery on the “Beast” side to land a Critical or Deadly Strike with “Beast”. CS and DS do not stack but they act the same as having multiple DS items. They give you an overall % when combined. So, “Beast” has a 58% Chance to Deal Double Damage with this build. This is true in most builds using “Grief”, the majority of players have a Highlords, Gore Riders and Axe Mastery totaling a 73% Chance to Deal Double Damage with “Beast”. The difference is the average “Grief” build is hitting 3,100 Damage on the “Beast” side so when you land a Deadly Strike, you really do not trigger much damage. Now with this build, you do over 5,400 Damage on the “Beast” side which results in 6,200+ Damage versus 10,800+ Damage when DS is applied. This calculates to 775 PvP Damage versus 1,350 PvP Damage which is approximately a 75% Damage difference. Even without a Deadly Strike, the average damage a “Beast” deals with this build is far superior to the “Grief” build.

HUGE HELPFUL HINT #2: Try to keep your Whirlwind hotkeyed to the left side of your skill equip and keep Teleport on your right side. This will allow you to perform short Whirlwinds or as people have come to call it “Triangle WW”.

If you fight a Max Block, Heavy DR Necromancer, these guys are very hard to beat and I recommend moving to the Open Wounds build as Necromancers have low life.

tactics for pros, by pros.

edit: oh wait, you already did leave your thoughts on this professional guide: http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=35265820&p=226993931
ty for input

This post was edited by Ziecheik on Jan 25 2010 11:57am
Jan 25 2010 11:59am
Let me list few of "massive fails" in this guide you tool (yes, this made me read and point out the fails):

- "What most people do not know is how Strength works in building damage. Unlike “Grief”, which is not affected by Damage Multipliers in any way" --> Wrong. The +400dmg from grief works just as +400 to min and +400 to max dmg (+400 dmg grief in nonsuperior base will make 424 to 471 dmg) and is affected by ALL dmg modifiers!

- "Shield: 1.08 Stormshield socketed with “Eld” Rune" --> way too much strength, not worth it.

- "Belt: 24% Faster Hit Recovery | 10% Chance of Open Wounds | + to Strength | + to Life Crafted Belt" has very limited use on a bvc.

- "Greaves: War Travelers" --> Goreriders. Superior to WTS on a barb in EVERY POSSIBLE WAY!

- " Steelrend Ogre Gauntlets" --> 25% ow> that tiny dmg from steels (only barb which should use steels are bvb barbs)

- "Ring I: 10% Faster Cast Rate | 110+ to Attack Rating | +20 to Strength | 35+ to Life | 25+ Mana | Resists" --> most important mod on a bvc ring is MANA! Stop pretending that you knew something about BvC is you rate life/str over mana on a bvc ring, you tool.

- You dont have max dr setup without to use storm.

- Your mana is way too low!

- You havent listed angelic amu+2rings as an option which is fail per se.

- Your math is flawed - scs>gcs on a bvc.

- "HUGE HELPFUL HINT #1: Do not fucking chase Casters around all day. All you do is frustrate yourself, deplete mana and run into damage. You are a Melee Combat character versus a Ranged Combat character. This means wherever you go that Caster must follow you to a certain extent to deal damage to your Barbarian. This is the time you wait to achieve South Side or Leap locks to stomp your victim. Basically, wait until that player follows you into a trap or lands a bad teleport and then strike." --> this bullshit really made me laugh. What are you going to do vs fb sorcs or bonemancers, which wont come on your map? Nothing? Tought so....

- "Try to keep your Whirlwind hotkeyed to the left side of your skill equip and keep Teleport on your right side. This will allow you to perform short Whirlwinds or as people have come to call it “Triangle WW”." --> this is also nothing but a bullshit. Its all matter of preference, where you use what skill.

- " Try to identify when a player is using sufficient Damage Reduction e.g. 40%+. If a player is using heavy Damage reduction you may want to switch to relying on Open Wounds as you can hit them and back off as they continue to take damage. I find this extremely effective versus many characters." --> what ow? You do NOT list dracs, nor gores. Or do you intend to use toothrow, since your failbuild will have enough str to wear it actually? ^_^

Your strategies are nothing but a bullshit. You wont do anything vs any halfdecent caster (besides you absorb the elemental dmg dealing ones.... woohoo, thats what every retard can do.
Pretty much every HALFdecent pvp char will shit on this barb

p.s.: bookmarked this fail, cuz it will provide alot of GOOD LULZ :thumbsup:

p.p.s.:
So, it is me, Tudey, and I am here to release my Barbarian vs. Caster Balance Guide which I HAVE CONSTRUCTED. Please try not to question too many things as I have played Barbarian for over 3 years and know this game very well when it comes to math.

You son have just WASTED 3 years of your pitiful life, since you are completely CLUELESS about barbs, even after 3 years of playing them...
Jan 25 2010 12:01pm
Quote (Asdasdasdasd @ 25 Jan 2010 19:59)
Let me list few of "massive fails" in this guide you tool (yes, this made me read and point out the fails):

- "What most people do not know is how Strength works in building damage. Unlike “Grief”, which is not affected by Damage Multipliers in any way" -->  Wrong. The +400dmg from grief works just as +400 to min and +400 to max dmg (+400 dmg grief in nonsuperior base will make 424 to 471 dmg) and is affected by ALL dmg modifiers!

- "Shield: 1.08 Stormshield socketed with “Eld” Rune" -->  way too much strength, not worth it.

- "Belt: 24% Faster Hit Recovery | 10% Chance of Open Wounds | + to Strength | + to Life Crafted Belt"  has very limited use on a bvc.

- "Greaves: War Travelers" --> Goreriders. Superior to WTS on a barb in EVERY POSSIBLE WAY!

- " Steelrend Ogre Gauntlets" -->  25% ow> that tiny dmg from steels (only barb which should use steels are bvb barbs)

- "Ring I: 10% Faster Cast Rate | 110+ to Attack Rating | +20 to Strength | 35+ to Life | 25+ Mana | Resists" -->  most important mod on a bvc ring is MANA! Stop pretending that you knew something about BvC is you rate life/str over mana on a bvc ring, you tool.

- You dont have max dr setup without to use storm.

- Your mana is way too low!

- You havent listed angelic amu+2rings as an option which is fail per se.

- Your math is flawed - scs>gcs on a bvc.

- "HUGE HELPFUL HINT #1: Do not fucking chase Casters around all day. All you do is frustrate yourself, deplete mana and run into damage. You are a Melee Combat character versus a Ranged Combat character. This means wherever you go that Caster must follow you to a certain extent to deal damage to your Barbarian. This is the time you wait to achieve South Side or Leap locks to stomp your victim. Basically, wait until that player follows you into a trap or lands a bad teleport and then strike." -->  this bullshit really made me laugh. What are you going to do vs fb sorcs or bonemancers, which wont come on your map? Nothing? Tought so....

- "Try to keep your Whirlwind hotkeyed to the left side of your skill equip and keep Teleport on your right side. This will allow you to perform short Whirlwinds or as people have come to call it “Triangle WW”." -->  this is also nothing but a bullshit. Its all matter of preference, where you use what skill.

- " Try to identify when a player is using sufficient Damage Reduction e.g. 40%+. If a player is using heavy Damage reduction you may want to switch to relying on Open Wounds as you can hit them and back off as they continue to take damage. I find this extremely effective versus many characters." -->  what ow? You do NOT list dracs, nor gores. Or do you intend to use toothrow, since your failbuild will have enough str to wear it actually? ^_^ 

Your strategies are nothing but a bullshit. You wont do anything vs any halfdecent caster (besides you absorb the elemental dmg dealing ones.... woohoo, thats what every retard can do.
Pretty much every HALFdecent pvp char will shit on this barb

p.s.: bookmarked this fail, cuz it will provide alot of GOOD LULZ :thumbsup: 

p.p.s.:

You son have just WASTED 3 years of your pitiful life, since you are completely CLUELESS about barbs, even after 3 years of playing them...

clrly m4d :thumbsup:
Gold: 114.79
Warn: 80%
Jan 25 2010 12:02pm
Quote (darkkobra @ Jan 25 2010 01:01pm)

gay rage lol
Jan 25 2010 12:02pm
Quote (darkkobra @ Jan 25 2010 06:01pm)

^_^