d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > The Uber Wolf Druid Guide
Prev1789101116Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Aug 4 2011 09:45pm
Quote (bioshocker @ Aug 5 2011 12:40am)
bro no offense,but olba and aneas have clearly explained to you why smiter is so cheap,hence why everyone makes uber smiters and not uber fury.Sure its doable, but people always look for faster ways,etc

i am in no way bashing/criticing ur guide-just tryin to point out somethin

this guide can cost around 50fg (useatscl)
if you go with the cheaper alternitive armor (smoke) and dont use charms
it can cost you less than 15fg, and a smiter is cheaper?
whar gear is he using?
srry if im coming off angry, little pissed @ spammers atm
i will not be coming back to check on the spamming for a while either, so its pointless to post now, you will not be heard by me
Gold: 1,013.00
Aug 4 2011 09:47pm
Quote (aneas @ Aug 4 2011 11:29pm)
The problem is that everyone - like you - is defending their own guides vs. objective criticism (like mine)...
You believe that you hit 98% of the time, while in reality that value is very likely to be lower... and that is one of the biggest flaws in most builds... you NEED to hit vs. the Ubers to apply CB (which you haven't maxed in your build as well)...

Higher chance to deal a CB >>>>>>>> everything else vs. Ubers... and a Smiter hitting 100% of the time with 100% CB is simply unbeatable... why is this so hard to understand?

crushing blow is only half the equation, screen damage plays a HUGE role in ubers, why would so many people use LW when they can get 50% crushing blow on 5-10 other weapons, why use grief if it has no crushing blow?

crushing blow only works (in a sense) until the boss is at 50% health, by then the returns on it is so low that screen damage plays its part in everything

Ive had LW/Hoz and Grief/Exile smiters before and grief kills much much faster than LW ever did

yes last wish got them down to 50% faster (by a WHOOPING 3-5 seconds faster) but then I was left to chip away at their health bar 3k per hit

whereas grief got them down to 50% MAYBE 3-5 seconds slower would finish them off much faster because of the damage being applied

I think people are too busy flexing their e-peens on who can kill ubers 2 seconds faster than the other guy, I plan on trying this build, if Im in and out of trist in less than a minute, it works

This post was edited by w0rstn4m33v3r on Aug 4 2011 09:49pm
Gold: 700.07
Aug 4 2011 09:55pm
Guys, keep in mind that he specificaly said that this is a poorman's version of this build.

Of course it can be improved. But concidaring that you CAN do ubers with a original build with less than 50fg is quite nice!
Gold: 1,145.00
Aug 4 2011 09:58pm
Quote (w0rstn4m33v3r @ 5 Aug 2011 04:47)

The thing is that a Smiter can combine huge amounts of CB with decent Smite DMG, while a Wolf will have problems to do this...
Aestron's Iron Ward offers 33% CB +85 Damage for example and it's not problem to get the rest of your CB from other items... Guillaume's = 63, Goblin Toe = 88, Ber Rune = 100+.

Gold: 2,040.00
Aug 4 2011 10:01pm
Quote (nsx56 @ Aug 4 2011 10:55pm)
Guys, keep in mind that he specificaly said that this is a poorman's version of this build.

Of course it can be improved. But concidaring that you CAN do ubers with a original build with less than 50fg is quite nice!

Keep in mind some people here are trying to help him with constructive criticism and all he does is flame and argue.

He doen't have enough sb%, he could easily have more in more than 1 way. He claims it is cheap but uses high runes when he doesnt need to and doesn't have alternatives and refuses change 'his' build.
Gold: 0.00
Aug 4 2011 10:09pm
Quitting d2 for a while, can't stand it anymore, for those who actually understand what I'm saying, that its better than any smiter I've made, and that it's cheap to make, and that it's more fun than a smiter, I hope you enjoy this guide, with ladder reseting soon I will be selling all my stuff because I will not be coming back before sept28, after I have sold my stuff I will not be online for a while, so your attacks against me or my guide will not be heard, if you tried this build and liked it, send me a message, will come Online every now and then to see if anyone likes this guide, if I get enough people that liked it and pm me, I will return, ps-my Druid lvl90 with gear listed is ft on useast scl, comes with account and lvl83 naked pally pm if interested, and goodbye to all you haters! Not gonna miss you!
Gold: 700.07
Aug 4 2011 10:18pm
Quote (louisxiv42 @ Aug 5 2011 12:01am)
Keep in mind some people here are trying to help him with constructive criticism and all he does is flame and argue.

He doen't have enough sb%, he could easily have more in more than 1 way. He claims it is cheap but uses high runes when he doesnt need to and doesn't have alternatives and refuses change 'his' build.

You seriously think that the 4 pages of spamming was constructive criticism...?

Yes, there was a couple people who brought in good ideas which would require alot more fg to build.

He did mention using treachery instead of coh, I guess you missed it (it's not in the op).

Also, would you be sitting on your chair and smilling if there was over 4 pages of spamming on your stickied guide? I'm pretty sure you'd be pissed and you'd try to defend your build.

If you don't like the build... fine but no need to bash it. If you think it can be improved.. Say it in a gm way. Is that so hard to do?

This post was edited by nsx56 on Aug 4 2011 10:18pm
Gold: 2,040.00
Aug 4 2011 10:39pm
how in the world did he get this bad guide stickied? It was a clearly a rough first draft that needs to be improved. He fought changes at every opportunity.

It is a fine idea, but there is much improvement to be had on the first post. The starting guide is not good. Just that simple. People shouldn't and won't go through 4 pages of spam to find the one post or 2 where he decides to make the build better.

Quite a few people who posted here could write a better cheap uber fury guide in minutes.
Gold: 384.00
Aug 5 2011 03:35am
Two things I'd change use sheal in ribby(makes it cheaper and 1 frame faster ) and max feral rage hits single target
Gold: 3.00
Aug 5 2011 03:41am
it might beat a 50fg smiter, but not any decent one.
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
Prev1789101116Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll