d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides >
Poll > 1.11b Wake Of Fire / Whirlwind Hybrid Assassin > A different approach to the hybrid sin
Prev167891025Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 33.00
Apr 11 2007 10:19am
Very Nice Guide.
I have consideret ww/wof too, but I have been / are too worried that the dmg is low. Considering a opponent uses Hotspurs ( very likely in pubs ), and you do 22.500 if all shots hits. After pvp penalty, that would be 3750 dmg. 3750 - 90% = 375 dmg. Dosenīt seem like a lot. I know, that it stuns and you are using ww with venom and open wounds too. But a Ghost assasin uses WoF too for stun, better dmg ( for example +3 venom instead of +3WoF ( not considering prebuff) ), higher lvl Claw Mastery higher lvl Fade, higher lvl Mind Blast, higher lvl Shadow Master.
Which by all means: More ar, More dr, mode dmg on Mind Blast and longer capeable of stun, Shadow Master tank more, and she also do Mind Blast more regularly when Mind Blast is maxed.
So my question is: Is it worth it?

Thx

By the way, I like your animations, but I think it shift a little too fast.
Gold: 3,578.10
Apr 11 2007 12:19pm
Quote (Blitzin @ Wed, Apr 11 2007, 12:19pm)
Very Nice Guide.
I have consideret ww/wof too, but I have been / are too worried that the dmg is low. Considering a opponent uses Hotspurs ( very likely in pubs ), and you do 22.500 if all shots hits. After pvp penalty, that would be 3750 dmg. 3750 - 90% = 375 dmg. Dosenīt seem like a lot. I know, that it stuns and you are using ww with venom and open wounds too. But a Ghost assasin uses WoF too for stun, better dmg ( for example +3 venom instead of +3WoF ( not considering prebuff) ), higher lvl Claw Mastery higher lvl Fade, higher lvl Mind Blast, higher lvl Shadow Master.
Which by all means: More ar, More dr, mode dmg on Mind Blast and longer capeable of stun, Shadow Master tank more, and she also do Mind Blast more regularly when Mind Blast is maxed.
So my question is: Is it worth it?

Thx

By the way, I like your animations, but I think it shift a little too fast.

well thats purely for your own mind to decide

my character is good purely on skill. one reason i listed my hotkeys and how close the are to each other
Gold: 1.50
Apr 11 2007 03:19pm
Gg-guide,
I've already made one on open and pvp'd against some of my m8's closed-copy's.
I love WOF for stunning and the overwhelming effect, but IMO WOF is slower then LS.
Just give it a try; create 2 chars in an editor with the same equip, but skill them for LS and MB (both trapper) and then duell against ur m8's open chars.
After duelled a couple of diff chars (hammer,soso's,ama's), you will see that WOF slows your aggressive-play down.

I prefer LS for its longer range, and faster shooting after placement.
Apr 11 2007 03:39pm
Quote (DeGuns @ Wed, Apr 11 2007, 05:19pm)
Gg-guide,
I love WOF for stunning and the overwhelming effect, but IMO WOF is slower then LS.
Just give it a try; create 2 chars in an editor with the same equip, but skill them for LS and MB (both trapper) and then duell against ur m8's open chars.
After duelled a couple of diff chars (hammer,soso's,ama's), you will see that WOF slows your aggressive-play down.

for it may be true, it just adds more challenge to be taken
Gold: 11.00
Apr 12 2007 12:22am
wow godly
Apr 12 2007 03:42am
Quote (DutchMasters @ Thu, Apr 12 2007, 02:22am)
wow godly

thank you for your comment
Gold: 1.50
Apr 12 2007 04:50am
Quote (xIcedShardx @ Wed, Apr 11 2007, 09:39pm)
Gg-guide,

Just give it a try, create chars on open. You'l see that WOF is slower
Banned
Gold: 0.01
Warn: 40%
Apr 12 2007 04:59am
Quote (Offer @ Sun, 1 Apr 2007, 15:38)
Fucking nice job mate , so far one of the best guide ever made , how much time did you waste for it?

Apr 12 2007 01:34pm
Quote (DeGuns @ Thu, Apr 12 2007, 06:50am)
Quote (xIcedShardx @ Wed, Apr 11 2007, 09:39pm)
Gg-guide,

Just give it a try, create chars on open. You'l see that WOF is slower

well even if it is slow. it adds to the challenge. and when you overcome that challenge it shows the skills you have. This build is a versatile build i use not only to just win, but to become better with my hotkeying and other things

This post was edited by xIcedShardx on Apr 12 2007 01:34pm
Apr 12 2007 05:21pm
some notes after some new duels-

smiters- tele away, set up traps, try to stun them and d flight and just ww triangle (charge . smiter smiter) (nos bos)

tele smiter - treat like hdins, but be a bit more caustious if they charge a lot (nos bos)

hdin - (just dueled the best one in awhile) (this one will tele on u at every shot be can get) ww away. do not try to tele on them at all. get a nos and use bos. keep ur traps up and mindblast, try to keep a ww when they are near u

poison necro - (dueled one yesterday) stay away fromt heir radius, trap, and let wof stun them. then mb and tele and sweep ww's

trap sins - keep a constant ww around their traps, tele around them until u catch target of them. lay traps, tele, and keep a constant ww triangle, at low mana ww or tele away and mana pot, then go again

ww/wof sins (my friend r/m his old one, dueled him) - keep a constant watch out for their traps and keep a constant ww. if you see any sign of them teleing or d flightning ww in a line and ww away. let traps kill, only letting ww hit by chance

This post was edited by xIcedShardx on Apr 12 2007 05:21pm
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
Prev167891025Next
Closed New Topic New Poll