d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > Tysnatch's Ultimate Pvp Barb Guide (bvc) 1.13d > After Much Consideration
Prev167891038Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,275.00
Oct 8 2013 02:09pm
Quote (glasgowrangers1690 @ 8 Oct 2013 21:22)
Good anyone can beat barb without tele. You just need to know how to do that.

It's too late to troll, it's already plenty of clowns.
Gold: 212.00
Oct 8 2013 02:18pm
DHA,Oct 8 2013 12:30pm: You wont see them coming. Are you comparing the zon ias and barb ias with widow ?

Yes actually, that's exactly my point
An Amazon has much faster IAS than a Barbarian (with Guided Arrow) and deals much greater damage
Amazons even have Dodge/Avoid/Evade but even still, when an enemy gets too close, you switch to Javside Fury/Blocking because trying to GA down a good opponent that is all over you, just isn't a good idea in most situations

Amazon Vs. Amazon (Close range turns Javside for obvious reasons)
Amazon Vs. Barbarian (Close range turns Javside for obvious reasons)
Amazon Vs. Druid (Multi from afar, Javside/Fury at close range for greater DR%, ability to block nados, greater damage with Fury)
Amazon Vs. Necromancer (Bow from afar, Javside/Fury/Swordback when close for greater damage and open wounds proc)
Amazon Vs. Paladin ~ Smiter/Charger (Javside 90% of the time, GA only if it runs) Hammerdin even with Grief: (GA from afar, Javside/Fury/Bolt when it charges/smites)
Amazon Vs. Sorc ~ (GA shitty Sorcs and then Javside/Fury/Swordback better ES Sorcs, to go under E-Shield and hit life directly)

The point being stated again:

Better opponents will not allow you time to exploit ranged attacks, whether on a Barb with Widow or on an Actual Amazon
Things like Hammerdins & Druids have to namelock chase you anyway so when you stop WWing or drop your Fury/Block, that's their cue to jump all over you
The consequence of incoming damage is far less when the Barb is GAing than if he is WWing

Not to mention that (actually hitting) faster opponents is not as easy as it would seem, with GA

An Amazon has the 7fpa (while firing) and around 150% FRW to be able to: Fire, Move, Run, fast enough so that it's hard for something like hammers to hit
A Barb who is teleport/firing (much slower than 7fpa) and not FRWing out of radius, would inevitably get caught flat-footed and chewed by the Hammerdin in this video

This post was edited by TSBoyer on Oct 8 2013 02:20pm
Gold: Locked
Warn: 50%
Oct 8 2013 02:32pm
Quote (TSBoyer @ Oct 8 2013 09:18pm)
DHA,Oct 8 2013 12:30pm: You wont see them coming. Are you comparing the zon ias and barb ias with widow ?

Yes actually, that's exactly my point
An Amazon has much faster IAS than a Barbarian (with Guided Arrow) and deals much greater damage
Amazons even have Dodge/Avoid/Evade but even still, when an enemy gets too close, you switch to Javside Fury/Blocking because trying to GA down a good opponent that is all over you, just isn't a good idea in most situations

Amazon Vs. Amazon (Close range turns Javside for obvious reasons)
Amazon Vs. Barbarian (Close range turns Javside for obvious reasons)
Amazon Vs. Druid (Multi from afar, Javside/Fury at close range for greater DR%, ability to block nados, greater damage with Fury)
Amazon Vs. Necromancer (Bow from afar, Javside/Fury/Swordback when close for greater damage and open wounds proc)
Amazon Vs. Paladin ~ Smiter/Charger (Javside 90% of the time, GA only if it runs) Hammerdin even with Grief: (GA from afar, Javside/Fury/Bolt when it charges/smites)
Amazon Vs. Sorc ~ (GA shitty Sorcs and then Javside/Fury/Swordback better ES Sorcs, to go under E-Shield and hit life directly)

The point being stated again:

Better opponents will not allow you time to exploit ranged attacks, whether on a Barb with Widow or on an Actual Amazon
Things like Hammerdins & Druids have to namelock chase you anyway so when you stop WWing or drop your Fury/Block, that's their cue to jump all over you
The consequence of incoming damage is far less when the Barb is GAing than if he is WWing

Not to mention that (actually hitting) faster opponents is not as easy as it would seem, with GA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGM1qLem6kA

An Amazon has the 7fpa (while firing) and around 150% FRW to be able to: Fire, Move, Run, fast enough so that it's hard for something like hammers to hit
A Barb who is teleport/firing (much slower than 7fpa) and not FRWing out of radius, would inevitably get caught flat-footed and chewed by the Hammerdin in this video

i just lost 25% of my pvp skills while watching half of the vid, ty
Gold: 212.00
Oct 8 2013 02:34pm
Quote (Conrick @ Oct 8 2013 03:32pm)
i just lost 25% of my pvp skills while watching half of the vid, ty

mhm ^^

I could give you a lump of gold but because I'm me, you wouldn't want it

This post was edited by TSBoyer on Oct 8 2013 02:34pm
Gold: 27,433.00
Oct 8 2013 02:44pm
tl dr

3:20 Stand still for 1 sec and you are dead

gl on widowbarb
Gold: 102.00
Oct 8 2013 08:09pm
Imo DHa's build owns this easily. If this is the barb i'm thinking on Eu ladder, then skillwise it's trash. DHA 63 fcr, Ling's bvc > this.
Gold: 110.92
Oct 8 2013 09:42pm
Quote (DHA @ Oct 8 2013 09:28am)
Pretty sure this is how those guys are dueling

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duQ1BvTUJSs

LOL

bad barb is bad

I'm not and I don't believe that Tysnatch is referring to those dueling techniques. That barb was using widow as a primary with ww as his support attack. That is completely the opposite of what I meant. WW should always be your main attack, but there are times when it becomes risky to jump your opponent. TSBoyer actually stated the purpose while trying to debunk the method of using it. Like I mentioned in my previous post, you don't use widow when someone is stomping you. Using the range of the attack is the entire purpose behind the widow. When dueling a defensive opponent, using widow allows you a chance to proc ow and some minor damage. You can argue all you want that widowbarbs suck. For the most part, they do, especially if it plays like the one above. That hdin he was dueling was shit as well, though.

A well played bvc that uses widow as a secondary is quite capable of demolishing almost all opponents. We must have a problem communicating as you seem to misunderstand the points that I make. You can say it's bad all you want to. You have your mindset and I have mine. We obviously have different dueling styles. Nothing I will say is going to change your opinion, just as nothing you say will change mine.

E/
Quote (DHA @ Oct 8 2013 02:44pm)
tl dr 

3:20 Stand still for 1 sec and you are dead

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbiFYuBOaB4

gl on widowbarb

After watching how you play, I wouldn't use widow on you. You play so aggressively that widow would be a detriment. You spam tele so much and attempt to stomp with such rapid succession, that I wouldn't even bother with it. I don't have to worry about you setting up fields or hiding in a corner. I would more than likely just ww the entire duel. Nn to get you to initiate the chase.

This post was edited by Zendraikus on Oct 8 2013 09:59pm
Gold: 0.00
Oct 8 2013 11:17pm
Quote (Zendraikus @ Oct 8 2013 08:42pm)
bad barb is bad

I'm not and I don't believe that Tysnatch is referring to those dueling techniques. That barb was using widow as a primary with ww as his support attack. That is completely the opposite of what I meant. WW should always be your main attack, but there are times when it becomes risky to jump your opponent. TSBoyer actually stated the purpose while trying to debunk the method of using it. Like I mentioned in my previous post, you don't use widow when someone is stomping you. Using the range of the attack is the entire purpose behind the widow. When dueling a defensive opponent, using widow allows you a chance to proc ow and some minor damage. You can argue all you want that widowbarbs suck. For the most part, they do, especially if it plays like the one above. That hdin he was dueling was shit as well, though.

A well played bvc that uses widow as a secondary is quite capable of demolishing almost all opponents. We must have a problem communicating as you seem to misunderstand the points that I make. You can say it's bad all you want to. You have your mindset and I have mine. We obviously have different dueling styles. Nothing I will say is going to change your opinion, just as nothing you say will change mine.

E/

After watching how you play, I wouldn't use widow on you. You play so aggressively that widow would be a detriment. You spam tele so much and attempt to stomp with such rapid succession, that I wouldn't even bother with it. I don't have to worry about you setting up fields or hiding in a corner. I would more than likely just ww the entire duel. Nn to get you to initiate the chase.

This guy knows what he's talking about.
Quote (vargad @ Oct 8 2013 11:59am)
hotos on switch -_-

3 wc xx str weapon + cta >

nn full str bug, useless.
WHy do u put more then 1 point inot shout? I would put those points into natural res. Since you are bvc, defense useless, unless you bvc vs bvc ofc :lol:

Also put demon limb into cube instead of 1 wc sk ;)

Shout helps in team matches, and vs other barbs and zealots.
You do face other barbs in team matches, so it is important.
Gold: 27,433.00
Oct 9 2013 01:23am
Quote (Zendraikus @ Oct 9 2013 04:42am)

E/

That was my point buddy, i think i'm kinda fast but i'm not alone playing like that. Good hdins wont let you shoot 1 ga in peace.
Banned
Gold: 10.00
Warn: 20%
Oct 9 2013 02:05am
Quote (TSBoyer @ 8 Oct 2013 21:18)
[
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGM1qLem6kA

Wtf?
is this hammerdin mfing at blood moor while ama tries to shoot him down or what?;O
He didnt stomp her even once lolz;O

I understand that u US players have no time to master their skills as they'r busy getting fat @ mc donalds
but one just cannot write a good pvp guide if one has faced only opponents like this hammer...

I think we should cut down this quarell as I belive the topic is going to reach xxx pages of just verbal war while the conclusions are obvious;)
The OP did some good work cuz the guide is pretty 'fat' but we have already 2 decent bvc guides so another one is not needed... especially if it's not the best one...
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
Prev167891038Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll