d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > The 1.13 95% Es Firewall Sorc V3.0 > That's Right
Prev167891011Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Nov 21 2010 02:38pm
Quote (RaWBOoGiE @ Nov 20 2010 05:55pm)
excellent guide man..
i wanna tweek it a bit with fb/firewall.. (for offense and defense)
see how it works out..

but for the most part.. excellent man..  very nice.. looks fun.. I like how u dropped those necs N shit hela fast lol... hilarious.

Quote (force33x @ Nov 21 2010 03:14pm)
I tested build, and I like it alot.. also doing better than when I was FB sorc. kudos to you xD
plus, its more fun than fb, not that straight forward...

thanks guys :)
Nov 22 2010 12:04pm
still looking for more opinons :d
Banned
Warn: 50%
Nov 24 2010 12:58am
Currently using my own build to do SvS.

1.5k Life
4.7k Mana
95% Es
550% Mana Reg

-10 Res

29k Firewall

Havn't lost a ft5 yet on West Ladder.
Gold: 1,145.00
Nov 24 2010 01:56pm
Idea is nice, but the way you interpret it and play it sucks ImO.

No reason whatsoever not to use 105 FCR frame. With 20 FCR from a godly orb, you're done only adding another 35 (Spirit) + 20 (Arach) + 20 (Circ) + 10 (Ammy).
If you have a 20 FCR Ammy, you could as well use a semi-godly Orb with only 10 additional FCR.
If your orb doesn't have any FCR, too bad, but then it is far away from godly, because +3 Skills additional DMG sucks compared to the Mass Resistances, mass mana, mass Life Rep and the freedom of choice in other gear because of mass FCR.

Also, a second point which cannot be stated clearly often enough:

--> -% Enemy RES from RBFs, except when used in addition to either Infinity's Conviction (self-wielding Light Sorc) or Cold Mastery, is simply over-rated!!!!! Any half-decent and half-intelligent PvPer will slap on Hotspurs against you. These alone will for 99% of the time negate all of the -Res you are using (and thereby wasting a shitload of importand stats, such as STR, Life, Mana, Res, FHR, LRep), when combined with the usual stack most PvPers achieve on their chars through Anni/Torch/Inventory and some cookie-cutter items.

--> Best thing I found in the guide was the block-setup, although even there you should be able to keep 105 FCR.
Dec 1 2010 07:15pm
Quote (aneas @ Nov 24 2010 03:56pm)
Idea is nice, but the way you interpret it and play it sucks ImO.

No reason whatsoever not to use 105 FCR frame. With 20 FCR from a godly orb, you're done only adding another 35 (Spirit) + 20 (Arach) + 20 (Circ) + 10 (Ammy).
If you have a 20 FCR Ammy, you could as well use a semi-godly Orb with only 10 additional FCR.
If your orb doesn't have any FCR, too bad, but then it is far away from godly, because +3 Skills additional DMG sucks compared to the Mass Resistances, mass mana, mass Life Rep and the freedom of choice in other gear because of mass FCR.

Also, a second point which cannot be stated clearly often enough:

--> -% Enemy RES from RBFs, except when used in addition to either Infinity's Conviction (self-wielding Light Sorc) or Cold Mastery, is simply over-rated!!!!! Any half-decent and half-intelligent PvPer will slap on Hotspurs against you. These alone will for 99% of the time negate all of the -Res you are using (and thereby wasting a shitload of importand stats, such as STR, Life, Mana, Res, FHR, LRep), when combined with the usual stack most PvPers achieve on their chars through Anni/Torch/Inventory and some cookie-cutter items.

--> Best thing I found in the guide was the block-setup, although even there you should be able to keep 105 FCR.

you dont get the point of the whole guide, and since you never used a firewall sorc, you cant really judge it.
the 105fcr bp isnt needed at all, firewall is leaded by a delay, so same speed for 0fcr. Than you may tele sometime, but you wont be chasing others, so a high speed of teleporting isnt needed at all.
And -fire res is an alternative, i had both setup, and beleive me, it makes the difference. people usually dont stack up fire res, so by getting - fire res, you probly affect his res directly. Ofc, if theyre intelligent enough to use hotspur, why not use rising sun and negate firewall 100%.

Thanks for input, but this was already discussed and tested
Dec 9 2010 09:48pm
up
Dec 12 2010 01:10pm
uop
Gold: 32,590.00
Dec 12 2010 08:33pm
Quote (Sergeant01 @ Dec 2 2010 02:15am)
you dont get the point of the whole guide, and since you never used a firewall sorc, you cant really judge it.
the 105fcr bp isnt needed at all, firewall is leaded by a delay, so same speed for 0fcr. Than you may tele sometime, but you wont be chasing others, so a high speed of teleporting isnt needed at all.
And -fire res is an alternative, i had both setup, and beleive me, it makes the difference. people usually dont stack up fire res, so by getting - fire res, you probly affect his res directly. Ofc, if theyre intelligent enough to use hotspur, why not use rising sun and negate firewall 100%.

Thanks for input, but this was already discussed and tested

been following this since v 1.0.. seriously stop using this as an excuse to prove everyone wrong..you are unnacepting of any form of critique..think your build is the best around and then when someone criticises you you tell them they don't know shit because you are the only one who can know anything about firewall since you apparently invented the skill?..no you didn't..stop acting like you discovered gravity..

IF you want to have the attitude be my guest but come back when you have actually done anything other than pub duels..in pub duels people won't go to stash to change setup slightly for 1 firewall ;sorc but in 1 v 1 any decent pvp player will use 80 res/10 sorb + xx stack for facets.. you know where your 37 k will go vs legit sorb and just 35 stack? 37/6 = 6k pvp damage - 80 % res : 1233 - 10 % = 1110 - again 10% of 1233 ( sorb reduces and adds back in life what was reduced ) = 986 dmg / second

4 k life would need to spend 4 entire seconds in your firewall..with legit sorb..

- res from facets is widely known to be worthless in gm 1v1 pvp.. in pub games sure..but then again that is probably all you have ever done? your build is a glass cannon that would fail in any half decent level of pvp..

we may know nothing about fw sorcs but you sir know nothing about pvp..

either learn to take critique or stop putting yourself out there by writing a guide..

btw what realm are you on? words only go so far.. i will make a random 100 fg char to prove this very simple point that you have been ingoring even though it has been said xx times by xx people..
Dec 14 2010 07:46pm
Quote (impiousbe @ Dec 12 2010 10:33pm)
been following this since v 1.0.. seriously stop using this as an excuse to prove everyone wrong..you are unnacepting of any form of critique..think your build is the best around and then  when someone criticises you you tell them they don't know shit because you are the only one who can know anything about firewall since you apparently invented the skill?..no you didn't..stop acting like you discovered gravity..

IF you want to have the attitude be my guest but come back when you have actually done anything other than pub duels..in pub duels people won't go to stash to change setup slightly for 1 firewall ;sorc but in 1 v 1 any decent pvp player will use 80 res/10 sorb + xx stack for facets.. you know where your 37 k will go vs legit sorb and just 35 stack? 37/6 = 6k pvp damage - 80 % res : 1233 - 10 % = 1110 - again 10% of 1233 ( sorb reduces and adds back in life what was reduced ) = 986 dmg / second

4 k life would need to spend 4 entire seconds in your firewall..with legit sorb..

- res from facets is widely known to be worthless in gm 1v1 pvp.. in pub games sure..but then again that is probably all you have ever done? your build is a glass cannon that would fail in any half decent level of pvp..

we may know nothing about fw sorcs but you sir know nothing about pvp..

either learn to take critique or stop putting yourself out there by writing a guide..

btw what realm are you on? words only go so far.. i will make a random 100 fg char to prove this very simple point that you have been ingoring even though it has been said xx times by xx people..

That's why the first sentence in introduction is important, let me state it for you:
This char is for pubs, since it needs ES precast to be effective, of course you could adjust it to private duels though.

Any form of sorc can become uneffective vs people that are stacking, this sorc doesnt make the exception

And on the other hand, noone carry fire res setup around, because theres no fire chars using a high % of -fire res

And my build is a glass canon?
Yeah sure, having 4k mana with around 500% mana resplenish and 95% es is considered glass canon.
Even if my whole mana fills up in about 10 second, this is a glass canon build

And can you teach someone how to drive a char if you've never done it?

oh also, 986 dmg / second is bad right?

This post was edited by Sergeant01 on Dec 14 2010 07:52pm
Dec 14 2010 07:47pm
hammerdin >
sorry but that's fact
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
Prev167891011Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll