d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > Sara's Guide To The Bone Bear > A Unq And Powerful Ctc Build.
Prev167891020Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 70%
May 25 2010 11:57pm
No.
Gold: 50,102.31
Warn: 10%
May 26 2010 12:02am
rofl @ this build
Gold: 130.00
May 26 2010 01:09am
this looks like very strong character! bear form necromancer will not scared of anything!
May 26 2010 10:33am
Quote (Master_Zappy @ May 26 2010 01:17am)
I always enjoy your posts since you always bring the facts to the tables.

Wrt ;
1) Brand -the mod is on striking, so you need to "connect/hit " to proc the spear. You'd want to connect anyhow for all that respectable phy damage, and deliver the cb, ow etc.

2) Treachery is almost always the best merc armor (given the price to make its a no brainer). I'm with you on this. The other two armors are solid however and keeping Coh on the merc allows you to steal it for a +2 on bearform, bo and the like. This was the reason I decided to use coh instead of treachery while I used fort on the nec.

3) Those are all valid concerns. I had one point in revive which ment I had a good number of skellies, the clay golem, the deadly merc, mages and a few vives in tough spots. (remember for hc play its wise to reshift after every few packs and this is a great time to vive a couple)

In addition to those things above which all help in the crowd control area, you have a very stout bone armor. I pretty much charged into everything like a bear going after a picnic basket. Durability was not lacking on this character.

4) Tgods , the belt of choice on hc, soul protection galore and and large hunk of str. Ive never found tgods to ever be a hinder with that ctc. For full disclosure I use phnx shield and occy on some chars and those are supposed to be the evil ctc's of doom. The really low % foh doesnt bug me or anyone I know that pvm's with it.
If you didnt use tgods, what would your suggestion be?
Call me Crazy but I was considering razortail for the dex and max damage. This would make ranger mode more effective in either those hard areas (dolls) or what used to be im spots.
I didnt find Dr to be terribly useful for this build because of the bone armor sorb. I can see it being used as a fail safe, something I found wasnt needed.

5)

Your numbers are accurate, though I recall my damage being a little bit higher, I utilized a handful of max damage charms to up my base damage a bit higher. Dont forget that your also going to get another ~648% damage to demons, a large % of the monsters in the game including all end bosses.

My damage iirc was ~4K phy avg with ds (add another 65-70 to max from charms) carrying 50% cb while at 8fpa. This is pretty fast, faster then the fastest conc or zerk barb.

Its the whole package of damage , the phy+ the magic damage , the extra pain for the merc with my amp (its always on if your playing). It works. It's not crazy but it'll kill pretty fast in a small game and if there is a massive pack of monsters, ce (or a specialized curse , is only a few clicks away with a quick deshift if your feeling impatient.

Other then that, I suggest you try it out, its funner then you'd think and more effective then you'd imagine.
Its a ctc BearNec its got win all over it :banana:

Thanks for your feedback

ps

An amazing place to mf on this build is the Maggot Layer (its level 85). The tight hallways allow the piercing spear to nail everthing down the line and by the time you kill the first monsters, most of the others are substantially weakened.

edit: I'm an idiot. In any case, if anyone on escl manages to find a 4 os demon xbow, you have a buyer!

This post was edited by asnine112 on May 26 2010 10:35am
Gold: 109.01
May 26 2010 12:13pm
Quote (pwb3 @ May 26 2010 01:02am)
rofl @ this build

Thanks, you really made your case here with this post. Talk about not adding anything of worth in your comments . F for effort dude. (whether your correct or not)

Quote (Floe @ May 26 2010 02:09am)
this looks like very strong character! bear form necromancer will not scared of anything!

It is stronk for sure.

Quote (asnine112 @ May 26 2010 11:33am)
edit: I'm an idiot. In any case, if anyone on escl manages to find a 4 os demon xbow, you have a buyer!

If you want to try one on hcl east, Im pretty sure Ive a base for that. If you make this nec, post up your opinion , screenies and $ 0.02.
I promise you wont be disappointed in this neat character.

This post was edited by Master_Zappy on May 26 2010 12:13pm
Gold: 14.94
May 26 2010 01:19pm
I bet all my fg that youre actually a dude, just saying...
Gold: 33.37
May 26 2010 01:36pm
Quote (Spartikis @ 26 May 2010 21:19)

I take that bet.
May 27 2010 08:24am
If you want to try one on hcl east, Im pretty sure Ive a base for that. If you make this nec, post up your opinion , screenies and $ 0.02.
I promise you wont be disappointed in this neat character.[/QUOTE]

hmmm - I would need to get everything else though, and afaik prices in hc are muuuch higher than prices in sc. That being said I have been wanting to do hc for a while - perhaps now is the time!

If I do end up making one I will definetely post s/s and comments on it. Meanwhile, I will be cowing / chaosing as often as possible in order to find a demon crossbow.

@ the comments on gender - who cares? Grow up
Gold: Locked
May 27 2010 08:29am
Quote (Spartikis @ May 27 2010 07:19am)

i guess jsp is your only d2 forum.
May 27 2010 10:58am
as another idea - possible to uber with this? Maybe tweaking a couple items so ur merc can survive better.

in any case - what about using a blessed aim merc instead of might merc? (note, I will be testing this once I get a 4 os demon crossbow :)
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
Prev167891020Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll