d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > Tudey's Balanced Bvc Guide!!! > Life & Damage
Prev167891016Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 400.00
Warn: 10%
Jan 24 2010 03:09pm
Quote (tudey @ 25 Jan 2010 06:08)
Please try not to question too many things as I have played Barbarian for over 3 years and know this game very well when it comes to math

Tudey, I am not questioning about math, oh dear gosh.....
Gold: 299.18
Jan 24 2010 03:09pm
Quote (Soka_Gakkai @ 24 Jan 2010 23:09)

The point of this Barbarian build is to offer players a unique alternative to a BvC that is superior to the standard “Grief” Build. People ask me how it is superior and that is simple to understand. Balanced builds will always be the best. You can have 8,000 Life on your Barbarian but if you do no damage, you are just going to die because you fail to eliminate your target before he/she can out damage your health. Sure, you can kill rando commandos with nearly anything but when you come across the experienced player, you will have a hard time winning with a “Grief” build. In 1.12, this is very easy for many characters to do. Damage amounts are so vast on casters that they can easily bring that huge health down quickly. This build is offering you a balance between high health limits and high damage. Everything you need to know based on math that the Diablo II code runs is written within this guide including Attack Rating, Frames Per Attack, Leap and PvP Damage equations so read things carefully and if you have any questions that need further explanation, look these up on Arreat’s Summit or feel free to PM me. Also, if there is an abbreviation or something you do not understand, check out the Abbreviation and Note section of this guide. It will most likely be explained there.
Jan 24 2010 03:10pm
Quote (Soka_Gakkai @ 25 Jan 2010 06:09)

I am not flaming you about math either. I am bout to try out your guide. If this is the attitude of you as a guide writer, and do not cater to the needs of guide reader, and arrogantly do nt answer questions people seek, how am i going to try out your guide?

Are you taking away my words at post #49?

This post was edited by Soka_Gakkai on Jan 24 2010 03:11pm
Jan 24 2010 03:11pm
Quote (Soka_Gakkai @ 24 Jan 2010 23:10)
I am not flaming you about math either. I am bout to try out your guide. If this is the attitude of you as a guide writer, and do not cater to the needs of guide reader, and arrogantly do nt answer questions people seek, how am i going to try out your guide?

This is why you are among the idiots of Diablo 2 and have no clue how the game works nor do you have any clue how to do math. All the calculations are listed. Do the math yourself.
Gold: 7.18
Warn: 100%
Jan 24 2010 03:11pm
Quote (tudey @ 24 Jan 2010 23:09)
The point of this Barbarian build is to offer players a unique alternative to a BvC that is superior to the standard “Grief” Build. People ask me how it is superior and that is simple to understand. Balanced builds will always be the best. You can have 8,000 Life on your Barbarian but if you do no damage, you are just going to die because you fail to eliminate your target before he/she can out damage your health. Sure, you can kill rando commandos with nearly anything but when you come across the experienced player, you will have a hard time winning with a “Grief” build. In 1.12, this is very easy for many characters to do. Damage amounts are so vast on casters that they can easily bring that huge health down quickly. This build is offering you a balance between high health limits and high damage. Everything you need to know based on math that the Diablo II code runs is written within this guide including Attack Rating, Frames Per Attack, Leap and PvP Damage equations so read things carefully and if you have any questions that need further explanation, look these up on Arreat’s Summit or feel free to PM me. Also, if there is an abbreviation or something you do not understand, check out the Abbreviation and Note section of this guide. It will most likely be explained there.

tudey4president ty
Jan 24 2010 03:12pm
Quote (tudey @ 25 Jan 2010 06:11)
This is why you are among the idiots of Diablo 2 and have no clue how the game works nor do you have any clue how to do math. All the calculations are listed. Do the math yourself.

Godh, relax bro. Chill, since when I am questioning your intelligence of your math calculation? All I just want to clarify is the 1/8, ... Just some english terms.

If I have doubts about your maths, would I still post at #49 to try out your build?

Your words are very discouraging to me to try out your build.

This post was edited by Soka_Gakkai on Jan 24 2010 03:14pm
Jan 24 2010 03:13pm
Quote (Soka_Gakkai @ 24 Jan 2010 23:12)
Godh, relax bro. Chill, since when I am questioning your intelligence of your math calculation? All I just want to clarify is the 1/8, ... Just some english terms.

If I have doubts about your maths, would I still post at #49 to try out your guide?

Your words are very discouraging to me to try out your guide.

This Barbarian is completely based on Amplifying Damage to get a pure balance between life, damage and attack rating. Once this is achieved the Barbarian then reaches insane damage limits due to a 100% Chance of Deadly Strike. What most people do not know is how Strength works in building damage. Unlike “Grief”, which is not affected by Damage Multipliers in any way, shape or form due to the +400 Damage being calculated after a full hit and then added after PvP penalties – EDC receives full Damage Multipliers from Strength. Each point of strength is equal to 1% Global Enhanced Damage. This means all Damage Additive items will be multiplied by your total Strength percent. For example, my Barbarian has 400 Strength. This results in all of my charms being multiplied by 400%, my weapons being multiplied by 400%, my War Travelers Damage Amplifier of 15 - 25 to be multiplied by 400% etc. Basically you receive hundreds of extra damage points and even thousands by trying to use as much additive strength gear as possible. Also keep in mind that any additive damage gear you use is also multiplied by the Global Affect of “Beast” Fanatacism. So an item like War Travelers adding 15 - 25 damage also gets multiplied by the 186% Damage Multiplier that a level 9 Fanatacism adds. So in total, you receive 586% Damage Amplification to your Weapons, Charms and any other damage received from items. On top of this percent, EDC and “Beast” are both multiplied by Whirlwind and Axe Mastery. The way these skills work is by multiplying base Weapon damage. Since “Grief” has additive damage that is calculated after PvP penalties, it is unaffected by both Axe Mastery and Whirlwind Damage multipliers. Finally, you can vary between 75 Base Strength up to 90 Base Strength. You will be nearly balanced no matter how much between these two variables you invest. This is a personal choice.
Jan 24 2010 03:15pm
Thanks.

MY question is actually the part you wrote 1/8 is the pvp penaly. When is it pvp penalty?
Gold: Locked
Quote (tudey @ Jan 25 2010 12:13am)
This Barbarian is completely based on Amplifying Damage to get a pure balance between life, damage and attack rating. Once this is achieved the Barbarian then reaches insane damage limits due to a 100% Chance of Deadly Strike. What most people do not know is how Strength works in building damage. Unlike “Grief”, which is not affected by Damage Multipliers in any way, shape or form due to the +400 Damage being calculated after a full hit and then added after PvP penalties – EDC receives full Damage Multipliers from Strength. Each point of strength is equal to 1% Global Enhanced Damage. This means all Damage Additive items will be multiplied by your total Strength percent. For example, my Barbarian has 400 Strength. This results in all of my charms being multiplied by 400%, my weapons being multiplied by 400%, my War Travelers Damage Amplifier of 15 - 25 to be multiplied by 400% etc. Basically you receive hundreds of extra damage points and even thousands by trying to use as much additive strength gear as possible. Also keep in mind that any additive damage gear you use is also multiplied by the Global Affect of “Beast” Fanatacism. So an item like War Travelers adding 15 - 25 damage also gets multiplied by the 186% Damage Multiplier that a level 9 Fanatacism adds. So in total, you receive 586% Damage Amplification to your Weapons, Charms and any other damage received from items. On top of this percent, EDC and “Beast” are both multiplied by Whirlwind and Axe Mastery. The way these skills work is by multiplying base Weapon damage. Since “Grief” has additive damage that is calculated after PvP penalties, it is unaffected by both Axe Mastery and Whirlwind Damage multipliers. Finally, you can vary between 75 Base Strength up to 90 Base Strength. You will be nearly balanced no matter how much between these two variables you invest. This is a personal choice.

tl;dr

Quote (Soka_Gakkai @ Jan 25 2010 12:15am)
When is it pvp penalty?

on tuesdays.

This post was edited by Synonym on Jan 24 2010 03:15pm
Quote (Soka_Gakkai @ 24 Jan 2010 23:15)
Thanks.

MY question is actually the part you wrote 1/8 is the pvp penaly. When is it pvp penalty?

This is the one area where “Grief” has a slight advantage over Ethereal Death Cleaver. Berserk converts Physical damage to Magical damage thus the +400 Damage is multiplied by Berserk since it converts the damage after calculating a physical hit. EDC will still do far more damage until one thing comes into factor – Damage Reduction. Because Deadly Strike is calculated before Damage reduction, it takes a large hit before it is converted into the Magical Damage from Berserk. To sum this up, any character utilizing 38% or higher Damage Reduction will take less damage from Berserk using EDC than a “Grief” would initiate. The damage difference ranges between 205 - 325 PvP damage depending on the damage of the physical hit being converted and the range of damage reduction a player is using. If a player is not using efficient damage reduction e.g. 10% or less, EDC can deal between 550 - 680 more PvP damage than “Grief”.
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
Prev167891016Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll