d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > The Fire Claw/armageddon Shaper
Prev167891017Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 89.00
May 5 2008 05:47pm
im confused...

wouldnt it be godo to have armageddon at like.. 20seconds or so?

cuz, by ur guide, itll be up for 12 seconds..
Gold: 0.00
May 5 2008 05:48pm
Quote (dark-werewolf @ Mon, May 5 2008, 11:47pm)
im confused...

wouldnt it be godo to have armageddon at like.. 20seconds or so?

cuz, by ur guide, itll be up for 12 seconds..

You can just recast it.
May 5 2008 05:49pm
Quote (Porkie @ Mon, May 5 2008, 06:48pm)
You can just recast it.

6 second recast time... what if ur mid-battle, ie, u vs a smiter?
May 5 2008 05:59pm
Quote (dark-werewolf @ Mon, May 5 2008, 11:49pm)
6 second recast time... what if ur mid-battle, ie, u vs a smiter?

But you would rather make your dmg Fire claw and armegeddon damage weaker just because you don't feel like recasting? 6 seconds is 1/2 the duration, so even when the cool down is done you skill have 6 seconds left. + if you really need to, walk away a bit, recast, and continue fighting.
May 5 2008 06:06pm
Quote (Porkie @ Mon, May 5 2008, 06:59pm)
But you would rather make your dmg Fire claw and armegeddon damage weaker just because you don't feel like recasting? 6 seconds is 1/2 the duration, so even when the cool down is done you skill have 6 seconds left. + if you really need to, walk away a bit, recast, and continue fighting.

yea... after I ran my mouth, I looked at the damages... I see where your coming from smile.gif the damage wasnt worth it... geddon should fucking buff fc though.. goodgoddamnitblizz... ;0
May 6 2008 12:32am
Quote (OuchZor @ Sun, 4 May 2008, 19:47)
u have like 3 builds u can choose .. and i dont get anything in ur guide , wich is the better ? sry ur guide blows

If you don't like it, make your own guide or give some suggestions on how to improve this one, I wrote this to get some ideas on how to improve the char tongue.gif
And for the record, the one that's better is the one you feel the most comfortable with, no use to play the game if you don't like your own char^^

Quote (dark-werewolf @ Tue, 6 May 2008, 03:06)
yea... after I ran my mouth, I looked at the damages... I see where your coming from smile.gif  the damage wasnt worth it... geddon should fucking buff fc though.. goodgoddamnitblizz... ;0

hehe blizz and orb sorcs are one of the hardest opponents yes. Enigma helps if you manage to namelock and unmorph, tele, morph while armageddon hopefully puts them in hit recovery until you get to claw or stun/claw at them.
Don't worry about the recasting thing. The effect is longer than the timer and that's the main thing. Tanking a smiter is hard for any shaper and when you are tanking you'll have to more or less rely on the fire claw damage since you can't do anything to try and aim the armageddon while standing still

Quote (Myrddrall9 @ Thu, 1 May 2008, 23:59)
Congrats on the sticky  bier.gif

Thanks, was a nice surprise
Gold: 3.00
May 6 2008 06:23am
Nice guide

Quote (Dwerfs @ Sat, 16 Feb 2008, 16:20)
n1 failure

08bk doesnt give +50 life, it gives 20, and you cant afford a 08bk anyway

It's singleplayer made.

Incase of you've got your hands over some bug 08bks, show me ingame

and yes, he can afford it if he sell his psn dudu.
Gold: 25.00
Warn: 90%
May 6 2008 10:35am
quick question: do you think perf -res ravenlore would add more geddon dmg? since it adds 3 ele skills... i know jalals is the perfect shaper helm, but the way id use this guy, FC would be used only when you cant blow them away with geddon. (enough frw, and u ca jus run circles around them, waiting for them to die)
very nice guide, will make one eventually.... *adds to the list*
Gold: 25.37
May 8 2008 02:24am
Does Armageddon actually do enough damage to kill smiters? It's the only use I can really think of for it other than helping to start the fhr lock on opponents o.o although for some reason I've always though that Armageddon was a skill you had to unshift for heh, I never bothered putting a point into it although that's going to change with my remake ohmy.gif

Nice guide, although I'm slightly annoyed it got a sticky so quick O_O whats your secret
May 8 2008 07:51am
Quote (BuLLsEyE-PwNaGe @ Thu, 8 May 2008, 11:24)
Does Armageddon actually do enough damage to kill smiters? It's the only use I can really think of for it other than helping to start the fhr lock on opponents o.o although for some reason I've always though that Armageddon was a skill you had to unshift for heh, I never bothered putting a point into it although that's going to change with my remake ohmy.gif

Nice guide, although I'm slightly annoyed it got a sticky so quick O_O whats your secret

Armageddon can be really nice if you duel i/e a walking smiter, you stunlock, throw in a few hits and then walk/run away a bit, making geddon rain behind you and on the smiter, sounds very simple but yes it works
thinking of an armageddon meteor it can be up to ~1/3 or 1/2 of a sorceress fireball damage depending on gear, learning to aim it is a bit like learning to use whirlwind, you simply have to train a bit to understand the skill when walking.

I guess because it's something considered relatively new that works.

Quote (baney123 @ Tue, 6 May 2008, 19:35)
quick question: do you think perf -res ravenlore would add more geddon dmg? since it adds 3 ele skills... i know jalals is the perfect shaper helm, but the way id use this guy, FC would be used only when you cant blow them away with geddon. (enough frw, and u ca jus run circles around them, waiting for them to die)
very nice guide, will make one eventually.... *adds to the list*

there's been many people suggesting Ravenlore already and basicly, if you go ravenlore you'll sacrifice some Fc damage/life/str for -res (which can ofc be useful) and improved Armageddon Damage. I see the Armageddon more of a support skill but of course the build can be tweaked to fully support Armageddon and no fireclaw if you want. However, at that point I'd already Consider a full Fire elemental Druid with ele skillers, a 6 5/5 crystal sword, some minor fcr for teleport since all the fire trigger skills have a timer before they can be recasted.
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
Prev167891017Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll