d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > Tudey's Balanced Bvc Guide!!! > Life & Damage
Prev15678916Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,595.00
Jan 24 2010 02:58pm
Quote (Goomshill @ Jan 24 2010 03:13pm)
are u usingdouble damage or haste rune

illusion ofc ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Gold: 299.18
Jan 24 2010 03:00pm
Quote (Soka_Gakkai @ 24 Jan 2010 22:54)
Hi! this is take nfrom the part where you did the maths of edc and beast damage of your setup.

However some doubts to clear, I remember distintively that pvp penalty is 1/6 for attack, not 1/8. Would you kindly help to explain why?

http://classic.battle.net/diablo2exp/basics/pvp.shtml

If anyone cares to test this in game like I have done so I will gladly show you the damage difference.

As for the flamming of the math, thats pretty funny that you say DS does not work the way I posted yet you support my DS calculation saying it is 100% Accurate. You are currently flamming the CS calculation which again has been taken directly off of Arreat Summit. Now at first I thought CS worked the same way you did until Arreat Summit updated their site and I went and tested it. "Beast" was recieving Double Damage just over 50% of the time ( 14 out of 25 Hits Trigged DD). This means CS works the exact way I stated. Again feel free to test it yourself just like I test everything. It is a very easy and simple test to do in game.

Now as for how Griefs damage works in PvP, it does not get calculated by Strength or ED gear what so ever. If you care to test this we can do that as well. I originally had a BvC with "Grief" and disliked the damage so began calculating how the PvP Damage works looking for better options hoping their might be one. This one does just that. If you care to do the countless tests I have done in game against many well known players on this forum, feel free to PM me. I will kill anything faster than you can.

And for the comment on Steelrends adding puny damage or something, they add exactly 681 Maximum Damage on my Barbarian. Once converted to Double Damage that is 1,362 Damage. Learn math please.

Finally, The comment on 7,406 Life - As stated in this guide I use a lot of gear others do not. e.g 182 life Belt vs. Arachnids Mesh, 2x FCR Rings versus 2 Raven Frosts ( totaling to another 205ish Life) War Travelers which adds another 40 to Life etc. The life eqauls to close to the same of most BvC's when they do not prebuff. Now I have alot of friends hitting 7.7K Life without Prebuff so of course I lack roughly 200 - 400 less life than they do but in the end the damage difference makes the build Superior.

Now for everyone flamming, I will gladly meet you in game and talk about the damage and do some testing if you want to show you how you are wrong. Even you Gar, Becca has already told you how I can kill her Assassin far faster than your Barbarian.
Gold: 8,595.00
Jan 24 2010 03:01pm
Quote (tudey @ Jan 24 2010 04:00pm)
If anyone cares to test this in game like I have done so I will gladly show you the damage difference.

As for the flamming of the math, thats pretty funny that you say DS does not work the way I posted yet you support my DS calculation saying it is 100% Accurate. You are currently flamming the CS calculation which again has been taken directly off of Arreat Summit. Now at first I thought CS worked the same way you did until Arreat Summit updated their site and I went and tested it. "Beast" was recieving Double Damage just over 50% of the time ( 14 out of 25 Hits Trigged DD). This means CS works the exact way I stated. Again feel free to test it yourself just like I test everything. It is a very easy and simple test to do in game.

Now as for how Griefs damage works in PvP, it does not get calculated by Strength or ED gear what so ever. If you care to test this we can do that as well. I originally had a BvC with "Grief" and disliked the damage so began calculating how the PvP Damage works looking for better options hoping their might be one. This one does just that. If you care to do the countless tests I have done in game against many well known players on this forum, feel free to PM me. I will kill anything faster than you can.

And for the comment on Steelrends adding puny damage or something, they add exactly 681 Maximum Damage on my Barbarian. Once converted to Double Damage that is 1,362 Damage. Learn math please.

Finally, The comment on 7,406 Life - As stated in this guide I use a lot of gear others do not. e.g 182 life Belt vs. Arachnids Mesh, 2x FCR Rings versus 2 Raven Frosts ( totaling to another 205ish Life) War Travelers which adds another 40 to Life etc. The life eqauls to close to the same of most BvC's when they do not prebuff. Now I have alot of friends hitting 7.7K Life without Prebuff so of course I lack roughly 200 - 400 less life than they do but in the end the damage difference makes the build Superior.

Now for everyone flamming, I will gladly meet you in game and talk about the damage and do some testing if you want to show you how you are wrong. Even you Gar, Becca has already told you how I can kill her Assassin far faster than your Barbarian.

Thats like clown_iraq level of tl;dr. <3
Banned
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 40%
Jan 24 2010 03:02pm
touché i like this build.
Gold: 400.00
Warn: 10%
Jan 24 2010 03:02pm
@ post#62

tudey, sorry, thatis not the question i ask, you probably quote the wrong person. I am asking about the pvp penalty... you type 1/8. Isn't it 1/6th?

This post was edited by Soka_Gakkai on Jan 24 2010 03:03pm
Gold: 7.18
Warn: 100%
Jan 24 2010 03:03pm
Quote (tudey @ 24 Jan 2010 23:00)

ty
Jan 24 2010 03:03pm
Quote (Soka_Gakkai @ 24 Jan 2010 23:02)
@ post#62

tudey, sorry, thatis not the question i ask, you probably quote the wrong person. I am asking about the pvp penalty... you type 1/8. Isn't it 1/6th?

Feel free to look up any information on equations on Arreat Summit. It is all posted there and works exactly as stated in this guide. PvP penalties are listed the same etc. Learn the game before you question the math. As stated, these are directly copied off of Arreat Summit and calculated through the PvP penalty equations also posted on Arreat Summit. I even tested it through doing hits and figuring out the math per hit. This guide is 100% accurate on every calculation listed. Basically you just posted a comment saying that the creators of the game have their calculations on Deadly Strike Incorrect.

Again, read the guide.
Gold: 400.00
Warn: 10%
Jan 24 2010 03:05pm
Quote (tudey @ 25 Jan 2010 06:03)
Feel free to look up any information on equations on Arreat Summit. It is all posted there and works exactly as stated in this guide. PvP penalties are listed the same etc. Learn the game before you question the math. As stated, these are directly copied off of Arreat Summit and calculated through the PvP penalty equations also posted on Arreat Summit. I even tested it through doing hits and figuring out the math per hit. This guide is 100% accurate on every calculation listed. Basically you just posted a comment saying that the creators of the game have their calculations on Deadly Strike Incorrect.

Again, read the guide.

Tudey, there must be a misunderstanding some where. I am not questioning about your math, calm down. I am asking about whether is it a typo error you made at the pvp section, you typed 1/8. Please look up the battlenet link I link you, it clearly says 1/6. I am asking kindly would you please clarify whether is it a typo error or is it something else?

requote from post#60:
What this formula is saying is that you take your Maximum, Average and Minimum Damage for each Weapon and multiply it by 2 to figure out the math for Double Damage. Once you have this result you then multiply it by the PvP penalty of Diablo II which is 1/8 which equals .

This post was edited by Soka_Gakkai on Jan 24 2010 03:06pm
Gold: 22,164.69
Jan 24 2010 03:06pm
Quote (the_nub @ Jan 24 2010 03:01pm)
Thats like clown_iraq level of tl;dr. <3

no hes not a clown thats the guy from batman hes called the joker

where u been living in a cave last few years or wat
Jan 24 2010 03:08pm
Quote (Soka_Gakkai @ 24 Jan 2010 23:05)
Tudey, there must be a misunderstanding some where. I am not questioning about your math, calm down. I am asking about whether is it a typo error you made at the pvp section, you typed 1/8. Please look up the battlenet link I link you, it clearly says 1/6. I am asking kindly would you please clarify whether is it a typo error or is it something else?

requote from post#60:

Please try not to question too many things as I have played Barbarian for over 3 years and know this game very well when it comes to math
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
Prev15678916Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll