d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > 1.11 Pvp Templar (foh Pally) > useable on all realms!
Prev15678916Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 25.00
Dec 25 2006 09:26pm
Quote (TheForgottenOnes @ Tue, Aug 8 2006, 07:18am)
Hello, and thank you for taking the time to look over my guide! I am always looking for feedback.
NOTE: HS = holy shield, Foh = fist of the heavens

::Index::
1. character introduction & advantages
2. gear
3. skills
4. stats

===================================================================================

1. Character Introduction & Advantages
The Templar, or FoH pally, is a pvp based character with very little pvm capability. The focus of MY build on the templar is to have one very generalized gear set, which helps a lot in pub duels (my dueling place). The Templar will have quite a few things going for him; un dodgeable attack with high damage, an aura that lowers enemy resists which effectively reduces sorb, high level of maneuverability, and maxed block for vs melee.

===================================================================================

2. Gear

=Helm: Griffons Eye (as high light % & -enemy resist% as you can afford. def is nothing)
=Armor: Archon Plate CoH (btals works better on east, but this guide is for everyone)
=Shield: Light faceted Hoz (+4 skills with extra damage and -enemy resist. if you argue against hoz, turn off your comp now)
=Weapon: FoH Stick (as good as you can afford, clean sticks are cheap and some cheap facets suit you better than hoto)
=Belt: Arach
=Glove: Frosties (mass mana for charging. it helps) OR Bloodfists (life & fhr) either glove works, your choice
=Boots: Whatever duped rare you feel comfortable with. (treks or tearhaunches work too)
=Amulet: Maras of course
=Ring1: Soj
=Ring2: Soj

=Charm Sets=
NOTE: all fhr or life scs are to have as much resist on them as you can afford
NOTE: all "plain" pcomb charms are to be replaced with lifers as per your price range.
NOTE: *All Charm sets include a torch & anni*

Charm set 1A (frosties): 4x fhr pcombs, 5x plain pcombs, 10x life scs
Charm set 1B (frosties): 9x plain pcombs, 8x fhr scs, 2x life scs
Charm set 2A (bloodfists): 1x fhr pcomb, 8x plain pcombs, 10x life scs
Charm set 2B (bloodfists): 9x plain pcombs, 4x fhr scs, 6x life scs

3. Skill Placement
NOTE: all skills are listed as your character would be completely naked & with no charms

Combat Skills:
+1 prerequisites (smite, charge, holy bolt, blessed hammer, sacrifice, zeal, vengeance, conversion)
+20 HS
+20 FoH

Offensive Auras:
+1 prerequisites (might, holy fire, holy freeze, thorns, sanctuary)
+20 Conviction
+20 Holy Shock

Defensive Auras:
+1 defiance
+1 salvation

4. Stats:
STR: as normal, just enough to use gear
DEX: just enough for max block w/ holy shield
VIT: everything else
ENRGY: if you even waste 1 point here, i want you to delete your character and do one of the following
1) uninstall d2
2) use all 8 character slots in your account. remake your foh pally all 8 times, then do it once more and remember what that evil energy did to you

NEeds work sad.gif
Gold: 0.00
Dec 25 2006 11:47pm
If it needs work IYO point something out.

Not sure if someone mentioned this or not
I notice that CbF does affect my charge speed. It might just be me but I'd charge race someone using plain charge while I charged with HF on to chill you. In Conclusion I use a Raven.
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Jan 1 2007 04:58pm
I stand by my character that COH > nigma. For everyone asking for specific stats i can no longer help. i sold my foher gear when the foh stick poofed. I have only noticed that when you charge when cold that it seems to desynch better even if youre moving slower. it must alter something but you desynch better when cold
Gold: 33.00
Warn: 10%
Jan 1 2007 05:25pm
this guide is a bad i could make one 100 times better about my gris foh
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Jan 1 2007 06:54pm
Quote (SelesnyaMtG @ Mon, Jan 1 2007, 06:25pm)
this guide is a bad i could make one 100 times better about my gris foh

perhaps i should be like most people and run through the list of character guides telling the creators that their character sucks before ever trying it just so i can get a couple extra posts to my name

This post was edited by TheForgottenOnes on Jan 1 2007 06:54pm
Gold: 2,120.00
Jan 6 2007 09:13am
u dont need to max out conviction because once u hit -150res it doesnt get any higher thus allowing u to put extra in defiance for defence boost or maybe add stats to another valuable skill.
Gold: 95.00
Jan 6 2007 11:03am
i was thinking about making a foh pally, your guide is pretty good
but i was wondering what kind of dmg u did w/ and w/out pcombs
Gold: 694.50
Jan 29 2007 11:31pm
very nice i like it smile.gif
Gold: 13,026.69
Feb 5 2007 08:58pm
Charm set 2A (bloodfists): 1x fhr pcomb, 8x plain pcombs, 10x life scs
Charm set 2B (bloodfists): 9x plain pcombs, 4x fhr scs, 6x life scs

2A doesnt make sense imo since fhr bps are 27fhr and the next one is 48fhr, how should u get bp 48 with setup 2A? and for 27fhr bp bloodfists are enuff tho...or am i missin smth here? ~~

2B is allright, gets you 50fhr for 6 frames with bloods

else the guide is quite good...
Gold: 0.00
Feb 13 2007 08:38pm
i read through all the comment people bag this guide but dont suggest any improvements i tihnk its an awesome guide desynch charge> teleport.
also like mentioned in the first or second page when u tele you gotta pu conviction back on which is a bitch cause it has to targ oppponent again.
This pally is very similar to mine and its a very very good guide if you dont like it post suggestions dont bitch
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
Prev15678916Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll