d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > The Ultimate Ww Axe Baba Guide! > Teh pwning char =)
Prev14567816Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
Banned
Gold: 3.03
Dec 6 2004 10:43am
QUOTE (morotsjos @ Dec 5 2004, 10:35 PM)
Fury is not a bad choice, especially not in bvb, but it's inferior to botd/beast. Beast kicks ass in BvB btw =)

Fury has nice mods, but only 209% ed, what's suq. When BvB'ing, u always wear a shield, and you can only wear 1 weapon then ^^ If u would have to make a choice between beast/BoTD, I would chose BoTD: If u wear beast without botd, the damage is lower then with BoTD, the mods from beast are nice (20% open wounds, 20% crushing blow), but I still think BoTD pwns it, since u have that kind of mods already from many other items (Gores, steels) and ofc BoTD looks cooler. tongue.gif

Make short whirls so he doesn't have time to cast foh that much.

And if that doesn't work out, take your 160 light res shield + tg (+wisps). That always works wink.gif

A good barb needs only 40% fcr (arach + 2x fcr rings) to be able to catch all casters. This basically comes down to how skilled you are at tele/ww. You need skill to catch the really good teleporters, thats it.

If u don't use leap, u never shall catch good full block, es, orb sorcs who telespam orb telespam orb. Orb nearly always hits, and u nearly can't avoid it. Any such sorc who can duel decent will pwn u. happy.gif
Banned
Gold: 36.68
Warn: 100%
Dec 6 2004 11:28am
In BvB, pure damage is not as important as open wounds, since you rarely score a hit on your opponent (75% block+massive defense and short time when you are both in range). However, I dont play BvB so this is mostly based on what I've seen and heard myself.

160 light res shield is good vs pure foh:ers, but vs v/t you'll need dualwield to score enough hits (they have maxblock and nice def).

If u don't use leap, u never shall catch good full block, es, orb sorcs who telespam orb telespam orb. Orb nearly always hits, and u nearly can't avoid it. Any such sorc who can duel decent will pwn u.

I disagree. Some of the best BvC-barbs (*cough* blobs *cough*) never used leap, only tele/ww. If you're skilled enough you WILL catch all sorcs. I'm not saying I am, but there are people that is. =)
Banned
Dec 6 2004 11:58am
QUOTE (morotsjos @ Dec 6 2004, 05:28 PM)
I disagree. Some of the best BvC-barbs (*cough* blobs *cough*) never used leap, only tele/ww. If you're skilled enough you WILL catch all sorcs. I'm not saying I am, but there are people that is. =)

k, but when the best BvC barbs duel vs one of the best CvB sorcs, the sorc will win, I guess.
For exemple:

Orb sorc
full block, ES
2k life ; 2k mana ^^
130 FcR
85 Fhr
1,2k orb

A baba, (with 2 sorb item) even the best dueler, can never win if that sorc is a decent dueler. You are going to have a hard time chasing the sorc and ww, when the sorc has full block + es, she is 1) not going to get hit 2) get hit, and have like 0,5 k life gone each hit. While will nearly always get hit by orb, and whit 1,2k orb, if u got a few nice hits, your baba is gone in 4 hits. Period.

In BvB, pure damage is not as important as open wounds, since you rarely score a hit on your opponent (75% block+massive defense and short time when you are both in range). However, I dont play BvB so this is mostly based on what I've seen and heard myself.

Open wounds is a nice mod, but if u use dracul's (15%) + gores (+10%). That's like 1/4 hits, so if u have a bit lucky u can have both: good dmg and open wounds xD
But I'll try to trade a perfect beast and see the difference, but my experience with beast wasn't very well, that's why I traded mine sometime ago. tongue.gif

160 light res shield is good vs pure foh:ers, but vs v/t you'll need dualwield to score enough hits (they have maxblock and nice def).

k, agree with that, didn't thought of that, it all depends on skills on conviction & foh dmg ofc.
Banned
Dec 6 2004 01:00pm
The best BvC-barbs never lose to any sorc. evil.gif
Actually it's impossible for a sorc to win against the really good bvc-barbs. There are barbs who never have been beaten by any sorc, even on dialup (and no, they DONT absorb. At all.)

Regarding orb:

It's the same thing as with conviction. If you stack 250 cold res over max, i.e. you have 85 cold resistance AFTER cold mastery, orb will barely tickle you -> you can tank a sick amount of orbs. Even blizz is barely a threat, a sorc will need over 30 blizzards to kill you. Think about that.

Sorcs DO get hit vs skilled barbs, the barb just needs to be as skilled in tele as the sorc. Then it's all about who can tank the most dmg. The barb will ALWAYS do much more damage than any sorc, as well as being able to tank more. laugh.gif

Haven't tried the beast thingy myself, since I dont play BvB. Just heard that it's a kickass weapon if you're pure BvB (you have 30k+ def etc). Since you wont get hit much and (if you're dueling a GOOD BvB:er) wont hit much yourself, you better make them bleed between hits.

This post was edited by morotsjos on Dec 6 2004 01:01pm
Banned
Dec 6 2004 01:37pm
QUOTE (morotsjos @ Dec 6 2004, 07:00 PM)
Haven't tried the beast thingy myself, since I dont play BvB. Just heard that it's a kickass weapon if you're pure BvB (you have 30k+ def etc). Since you wont get hit much and (if you're dueling a GOOD BvB:er) wont hit much yourself, you better make them bleed between hits.

I'll try it, I've meat a few BvB's, and they were all using BoTD, I guess it's just better then beast, but I'll try it when have another beast. smile.gif

The best BvC-barbs never lose to any sorc.  evil.gif
Actually it's impossible for a sorc to win against the really good bvc-barbs. There are barbs who never have been beaten by any sorc, even on dialup (and no, they DONT absorb. At all.)

Regarding orb:

It's the same thing as with conviction. If you stack 250 cold res over max, i.e. you have 85 cold resistance AFTER cold mastery, orb will barely tickle you -> you can tank a sick amount of orbs. Even blizz is barely a threat, a sorc will need over 30 blizzards to kill you. Think about that.

I'm not really persuaded about that ^^
but ofc, I don't count on baba's who have 25 x 20/10 life/cold res sc's. If they do, they pwn the sorc ofcourse.

This post was edited by kanniball-gws on Dec 6 2004 01:37pm
Banned
Dec 6 2004 04:16pm
I don't count on baba's who have 25 x 20/10 life/cold res sc's

Hehe, would be quite a pain to switch to those charms for a pesky coldsorc, no one would do that.

Instead, use the following:
Thul:ed Kiras (100)
Resist boots (50)
Silence zerker (75)
10-20 thawing potions (50)

There you got 245 extra resist (you have to deduct 30 from arreats). If you need more, you can switch out highlords amu for one with 30+ cold res. Another option is to use 2x um:ed wizardspikes and rely completely on open wounds as your damage. This will grant massive resists and crazy fcr. (8 fps with arach or a fcr ring).

As you can see it's not that much work, it takes 10-15 seconds and will make you a nightmare to coldsorcs. evil.gif
Banned
Dec 7 2004 05:59am
kk, but with that items it's much harder to kill teh sorc ^^
Banned
Dec 7 2004 06:21am
Actually not that much. Sure, you lose some damage when switching beast for silence, or when using 2x wizard spikes. However, the big killer vs sorcs is open wounds. It drains ~500 life each time you hit + that eshield doesn't protect against open wounds. 4-6 hits and even the best sorcs are gone. evil.gif

Regarding BvB I just remembered that the exceptional unique armor Toothrow is bugged: it's 40% open wounds apparently works as 100%. I've heard somewhere that an upped toothrow should be an interesting BvB-armor. Sure it doesn't have the massive defense of eth carapace or stone, but ~1700 def is still not that bad. You can then use Botd, Steelrends, etc and go for pure damage since you dont have to care about ow. =)

Have no idea if this will work out in reality though, or if you're better of with a highdef armor (or duress) and some ow from gear...
Banned
Dec 7 2004 08:25am
QUOTE (morotsjos @ Dec 7 2004, 12:21 PM)
Regarding BvB I just remembered that the exceptional unique armor Toothrow is bugged: it's 40% open wounds apparently works as 100%. I've heard somewhere that an upped toothrow should be an interesting BvB-armor. Sure it doesn't have the massive defense of eth carapace or stone, but ~1700 def is still not that bad. You can then use Botd, Steelrends, etc and go for pure damage since you dont have to care about ow. =)

Have no idea if this will work out in reality though, or if you're better of with a highdef armor (or duress) and some ow from gear...

I still find enigma just the best BvB armor, in dusk 13xx def, and the really nice mods (yeye, we all know them ;P), and when u use tootrow, the only thing you'll have are ow. In BvB is % dr also important ^^
Think enigma and eth zod bug arky are best options, and ofc 'dmg' items like steels 60/xx, some 40/9str or dex socketed arreat's, 1.08 storm 'ageas' icon_pointr.gif much more block socketed 40/9 str or dex.
You should reach 5k ww with that gear, you'll really pwn in BvB =)

Ow is a really nice mod, but personally I like more getting up your ww dmg happy.gif
Banned
Dec 7 2004 10:51am
Well, dr is not really needed since storm+verdungos gives you 50% ;D

Anyway, enigma is only good on tweakerbarbs as yours, not for pure BvB:ers.
Eth arky is an ok bvb armor, but there are betters. Eth duress and eth stone and eth carapace are probably the best options. Eth duress is a kickass armor. You lose some def compared to stone, but the mods on it are awesome.

However, for barbs planning to do something else than just melee, enigma is needed.
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
Prev14567816Next
Closed New Topic New Poll