d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > Updated 1.12 Optimized Meteorb Guide > Criticism Please!
Prev14567814Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Mar 12 2009 06:25pm
What about warmth? How many skill points do you put on there?
Gold: 519.50
Apr 2 2009 06:54pm
Thx for the guide :D

Just came back to the game after being gone for years and decided to make this as my first character. Currently at lvl 81 and doing fine. Was able to solo Chaos and Diablo with all my craptacular gear.
Gold: 1,145.00
Apr 2 2009 07:33pm
While the Meteorb or Orb/FB might be a viable build to start out a new Ladder Season, I don't really see any sense in making one with this kind of equip...

Meteorb or Orb/FB (which I consider to be the better build overall anyways^^) kill almost EVERYTHING (expcept maybe for Double-Immune De Seis or Countess, who spawn very rarely and can be taken out by you Merc usually) in Single Player or maximum 2-3 player games... Andy, Meph, CS, Baal, Nihla, Countess, Eld, Pindle, Shenk... all no problem...

BUT: In full games (Baal Runs) you will basically go and kill Andy, maybe Meph OR try short Boss Runs (Eld, Pindle, Shenk) IF you are allowed to (and Anya's Portal is open)... but even this will take a while... CSing is impossible in such games, because your killspeed compared to either Hammers, Boners, or Light Sorrcs / Trapsins / Javas will rather suck.

So take this advice:

Go MFing in either Singleplayer-PW Games, or maybe in random trade games with max. 2 players to avoid NoDrop... this will not require any too expensive equip, can be done more safely, with less stress and so on...
THIS gear (yeah, I will suggest an alternative ofc) is completely okay anf good enough for this purpose and will cost a LOT less:

Full Tal's with 2x PT in Armor/Helm, also make sure you get a 2/2 Masteries Orb... IF you need the more MF, get an IST... else RBF it.
Spirit Monarch 35 FCR, Magefist... this is all you require to get 105 FCR, maxed Resists except for Poison, decent Damage and thx to the Masteries Skills on the Orb, more Skill Points to distribute manually!
The Rings and Boots are up o you... SOJs for Skills/Mana and thus more killspeed or Nagels for additional 60 MF... Treks for 20 more FHR (you would need 2x 5% FHR SCs to get the 86 FHR BP otherwise) and some more Life due to STR and VIT, as well as maxed Poison Resist or Wartravelers for even more MF.

Tal Set/Mages/Spirit + 2x Nagel + Treks will give you somewhere around 300% MF, throw in a Gheed's and get 4 random 7MF SCs under your 4 cold Skillers (prefer these over Fire, but you choice), and you'll be like 400ish.
Even without CTA, INFY, COH ( 4 HIGH RUNES FOR AN MFer? --> When they become THAT cheap, MFing makes no sense anymore... --> Go build a GFer or craft!), this Sorc is fast and secure enough to run Eld/Pindle/Shenk/Andy/Meph over and over again without any problems and find a lot of good stuff!

Your guide seems to be more like a "High-End"-Version, but you would not play it like that anyways... your FHR for example: 55 = 48 and even the 60 FHR BP really blows! Too easy to reach 86, so do it :-) ... If you want to max Dmg., try an Ormus/NW/Fathom Built and dual it to FB/Meteor, if you want high Life, try Enigma with HotO and so on... yours is a bit of everything but definitely not really viable in any time of Ladder Season :-D

Nice effort though.

EDIT: Skills ofc --> Masteries: Start out with NONE! Orb will help!, If Meteorb, go for max. FB, Meteor, FBolt first and use 3 or 4 Fire Skillers... if going for Orb/FB (again: better build ImO), max. Orb AND Synergy first, then rest in FBall, Meteor, then FBolt... Warmth +1, Tele and TK +1 and OFC Static +1.

This post was edited by aneas on Apr 2 2009 07:43pm
Gold: 15,740.00
Apr 26 2009 12:36pm
Quote (aneas @ Thu, 2 Apr 2009, 20:33)
While the Meteorb or Orb/FB might be a viable build to start out a new Ladder Season, I don't really see any sense in making one with this kind of equip...

Meteorb or Orb/FB (which I consider to be the better build overall anyways^^) kill almost EVERYTHING (expcept maybe for Double-Immune De Seis or Countess, who spawn very rarely and can be taken out by you Merc usually) in Single Player or maximum 2-3 player games... Andy, Meph, CS, Baal, Nihla, Countess, Eld, Pindle, Shenk... all no problem...

BUT: In full games (Baal Runs) you will basically go and kill Andy, maybe Meph OR try short Boss Runs (Eld, Pindle, Shenk) IF you are allowed to (and Anya's Portal is open)... but even this will take a while... CSing is impossible in such games, because your killspeed compared to either Hammers, Boners, or Light Sorrcs / Trapsins / Javas will rather suck.

So take this advice:

Go MFing in either Singleplayer-PW Games, or maybe in random trade games with max. 2 players to avoid NoDrop... this will not require any too expensive equip, can be done more safely, with less stress and so on...
THIS gear (yeah, I will suggest an alternative ofc) is completely okay anf good enough for this purpose and will cost a LOT less:

Full Tal's with 2x PT in Armor/Helm, also make sure you get a 2/2 Masteries Orb... IF you need the more MF, get an IST... else RBF it.
Spirit Monarch 35 FCR, Magefist... this is all you require to get 105 FCR, maxed Resists except for Poison, decent Damage and thx to the Masteries Skills on the Orb, more Skill Points to distribute manually!
The Rings and Boots are up o you... SOJs for Skills/Mana and thus more killspeed or Nagels for additional 60 MF... Treks for 20 more FHR (you would need 2x 5% FHR SCs to get the 86 FHR BP otherwise) and some more Life due to STR and VIT, as well as maxed Poison Resist or Wartravelers for even more MF.

Tal Set/Mages/Spirit + 2x Nagel + Treks will give you somewhere around 300% MF, throw in a Gheed's and get 4 random 7MF SCs under your 4 cold Skillers (prefer these over Fire, but you choice), and you'll be like 400ish.
Even without CTA, INFY, COH ( 4 HIGH RUNES FOR AN MFer? --> When they become THAT cheap, MFing makes no sense anymore... --> Go build a GFer or craft!), this Sorc is fast and secure enough to run Eld/Pindle/Shenk/Andy/Meph over and over again without any problems and find a lot of good stuff!

Your guide seems to be more like a "High-End"-Version, but you would not play it like that anyways... your FHR for example: 55 = 48 and even the 60 FHR BP really blows! Too easy to reach 86, so do it :-) ... If you want to max Dmg., try an Ormus/NW/Fathom Built and dual it to FB/Meteor, if you want high Life, try Enigma with HotO and so on... yours is a bit of everything but definitely not really viable in any time of Ladder Season :-D

Nice effort though.

EDIT: Skills ofc --> Masteries: Start out with NONE! Orb will help!, If Meteorb, go for max. FB, Meteor, FBolt first and use 3 or 4 Fire Skillers... if going for Orb/FB (again: better build ImO), max. Orb AND Synergy first, then rest in FBall, Meteor, then FBolt... Warmth +1, Tele and TK +1 and OFC Static +1.

I'm confused, sorry. If you want to make a meteorb guide, go for it, but this is my guide and what you're basically saying is that your character is better than mine. If you read my guide, you'd understand that this character is optimal for both pvm and mfing. You have greater mf with this gear and a high amount of damage as well. I don't know why you wasted your time with these different combinations.
Gold: 0.04
Apr 26 2009 12:37pm
nothing new
Gold: 10,256.69
Apr 27 2009 10:56am
Cheap version:

Helm: Shako / Peasant Crown / "Lore" (OrtSol, +1 skill) = 5 fg maybe
Amulet: Random magic + MF / Etlitch / Resistance - should be able to find one of these easily
Armor: Stealth (TalEth runeword) - maybe 1 fg, I never leave A1 normal without making one
Weapon : Occy / Shard / +skill staff - maybe 5 fg
Shield: Splendor (EthLum) / Lidless - maybe 2 fg
Belt: GWrap - maybe 1 fg
Rings: Manalds/Nagels/Mana rings: maybe 2 fg
Gloves: Mages/Chancies - maybe 2 fg
Boots: Magic +MF - you can easily shop these

Merc:
Helm: Gaze - 5 fg
Armor: Duriel/Shaft - 10 fg tops
Weapon: Kelpie/Insight/Meat Scraper - maybe 10 fg, tops

All this is well under 50 fg, just run NM andy and sell her drops until you can get the good gears. I made one of these in Single Player the other day and she's L66 with lots of MF and is about to kill NM Baal. OFC, I had to solo everything so far.

End discussion about whether this is a "cheap" build or not.

This post was edited by Jim2727 on Apr 27 2009 10:57am
Gold: 915.00
Apr 27 2009 11:14am
Tal set >

tbh
Apr 27 2009 11:33am
Tals Set is absolute god for meteorb.
Apr 27 2009 11:36am
Quote (Jim2727 @ Mon, 27 Apr 2009, 10:56)
Cheap version:

Helm: Shako / Peasant Crown / "Lore" (OrtSol, +1 skill) = 5 fg maybe
Amulet: Random magic + MF / Etlitch / Resistance - should be able to find one of these easily
Armor: Stealth (TalEth runeword) - maybe 1 fg, I never leave A1 normal without making one
Weapon : Occy / Shard / +skill staff - maybe 5 fg
Shield: Splendor (EthLum) / Lidless - maybe 2 fg
Belt: GWrap - maybe 1 fg
Rings: Manalds/Nagels/Mana rings: maybe 2 fg
Gloves: Mages/Chancies - maybe 2 fg
Boots: Magic +MF - you can easily shop these

Merc:
Helm: Gaze - 5 fg
Armor: Duriel/Shaft - 10 fg tops
Weapon: Kelpie/Insight/Meat Scraper - maybe 10 fg, tops

All this is well under 50 fg, just run NM andy and sell her drops until you can get the good gears. I made one of these in Single Player the other day and she's L66 with lots of MF and is about to kill NM Baal. OFC, I had to solo everything so far.

End discussion about whether this is a "cheap" build or not.

JSP makes viable end game gear soo obtainable that I wouldn't even bother with a "cheap" setup.

Gold: 330.00
Apr 27 2009 11:48am
Quote (PetezJunior @ Sun, 4 Jan 2009, 05:20)
20 points- Max Fireball

20 points- Max Meteor
10 points- Firebolt
20 points- Fire mastery

Look, the synergies of Fireball (Meteor and Firebolt) match up to 30 points. Fire mastery is at 20 points, so subtract 30-20= 10.

You are scratching your head right now, but google “Synergies and Masteries explained;” this is a whole thread on how to optimize your damage. Just remember, 10 points to synergies above the fire mastery to optimize damage.

Cough - You are at Synergies ~6 or 7 points below Fire mastery, not 10 above. It's the displayed mastery level, not the hard points that count, so your FM is around 36 or 37 if I read the +sklls right?

Also, it would be nice if you actually pointed out that this particular distribution maximises FB damage, not Meteor, nor any other skill.

Sorry if this has already been brought up, I didn't have the time to go through 7 pages of comments. <blush>

This post was edited by AyeCaramba on Apr 27 2009 11:49am
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
Prev14567814Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll