d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > The 1.13 95% Es Firewall Sorc V1.2 > That's Right
Prev13456711Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.04
May 19 2010 11:41am
but your sorc is garbage since no dmg
Gold: 972.69
Warn: 30%
May 19 2010 11:45am
Quote (maximus_le_roi @ May 19 2010 05:41pm)
but your sorc is garbage since no dmg

i do low to avarage damage
you do zero damage
:P
Gold: 358.50
May 19 2010 11:46am
cool built and nice guide! well done
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
May 19 2010 08:24pm
Quote (ReanimatedHorde @ May 19 2010 01:46pm)
cool built and nice guide! well done

gthanks
Gold: 0.00
May 19 2010 08:47pm
well thought out.. i'd love to see how it works in a duel or somethin some time.. hit me up

This post was edited by Suped on May 19 2010 08:47pm
Gold: 32,590.00
May 20 2010 07:39am
I have a few major problems with this guide which I will attempt to explain as to help you improve it in the future.

1. you are forgetting some basics. There is no obvious split between a "noob" and an experienced player but I always draw my split at character build focus. where an experience player builds his char to be balanced allround. reaching enough dmg, high life ( or mana in this case ), reaching the higher bp's..noobs tend to focus on only the damage. Thats what this build does. I am not calling you a noob. I am just saying you should attempt to find some balance in this char. I have seen and read your second fcr/fhr build and this seems more like a build to focus on. this ofc is personal preference but I can imagine that a good pvp char will eat this up because of the flaws posted above.

this being the minor issue.

2. My main issue is your pvp strat section. It is obvious you have not yet gained the required experience in pvp to actually tell people how to duel. I will show what I mean due to examples.

1. bowa : failed to mention frw even once. a good bowa will desync due to frw alone. if you don't take this into account you are allready dead. also how long will a bowa even be on a wall with that amount of frw.
2. java : stand in wall? come on.. any half assed java will legit fc you.. you will never beat a good java using this tactic. this shows you have never dueled one.
3. ghost : stand in wall again fails. ghosts use traps to stunlock. your frames even on fcr build are too low to escape a stunlock. mention wsg ffs. also seem to have forgot that mb will knock you off walls. good ghost will rape this build using that tactic.
4. trapper : she will obviously play def? you have not yet met a good trapsin. a good trapsin will chase your ranged build. mb/ls lock you and give you no chance to build up an attack.
5. hybrid : a good hybrid will never duel with only traps or only ww. so you will never get a chance to tank just the ww.
6. bone : seems more solid. however you again failed to mention some basic bone nec strats that are important. ibs and the soul train..look em up and write down how to deal with them.
7. poison : also covered decently.. I would make hydra a must ont his char however. too useufl vs some builds.
8. bvc : now here is the reason I wrote this huge ass contructive crit. stand on wall and tele away when they whirl? any bvc without a skilled leap isn't worth calling a bvc. if they leap you off wall where is your preferred tactic? find a new tactic. this will never work.
9. hdin : again no basic commentary on how to deal with basic pala skills such as desynch. hammerfields and invis hammers.
10. smiter : not much you can do if they use aura. descent comments
11. foh : good fohs never walk.. desnyc charge.. they will hit you when you can't even see em. mention it. find a way to deal with it.
12. zealer : isn't even worth mentioning since they will play like smiters do. only diff is which attack they use when close by
13. not gonna mention sorcs since that is a class I'm not familiar to. ( you should do the same .. don't guess. rather post that you don't know cos you haven't dueled one )
14. windy : ele isn't as clear cut as you think. nados have range.. so if you camp he will tele close and cast nados.. you can try wall him but hey can dodge them easily. this tactic does seem like your best chance.
15. shifter : meh not too good or too bad. you need to meet a good rabies fury.

and again you mention having the char since 2 weeks. 2 weeks is not enough experience to write a guide.

this is constructive crit. so take it into account.
Gold: 540.00
May 20 2010 07:48am
cool idea, but pvp section is terrible
just bc you can kill terrible pubs a certain way doesnt mean thats how you should really do things
Gold: 515.00
Warn: 10%
May 20 2010 10:08am
Okay, first of all, the guide looks new and fun :) I do have some comments though:

1) Hoto just > echuta... I used echuta last ladder only for style. And the style is pretty much all you get from it. That 25% extra damage is really nothing compared to what you get from mastery imo. I would choose hoto only for the mana, let alone other stats :)
2) I am all about survivability > damage, so I would choose 105/86 breakpoints anytime. I mean...a sorc without 86% will get fhr locked by pretty much everything.
3) PvP is the problem in some cases. Some chars synch like hell, and no fucking way to aim even with an attack as easy as fireball. And as impressive as firewall's damage is, you have to rely on some massive luck to win certain duels. Duel section needs adds, you seem way more skilled than me in using firewall, but you forgot to add some things:

- bowazons can be beaten. 3.5 k mana is not much, but the es sorc you described could reach 4.5 k pretty easy, which gives you enough time to lock and kill her. Still fucked since you won't see her most of the duel -.-
- fohers are a joke to most es sorcs even with synch. Their damage is shit with es on, just putting a tgod will nullify him to the point where you can just let hydra do the dirty work (and also help with that fucking synch). Never dueled with firewall, but I have raped fohers with any es sorc I used. Unless they sorb, they are fucked. But vs a pure foh, you can sorb as well :P
- hydra is good for having an edge, I would probably choose that over inferno, also good vs synch
- vs windies, not bad strategy, but most of the windies tend to tele away and recast their zoo when something is missing, if you get a lock when he tries to do that, he is most likely dead, killed by a wall 2-3 screens away :) Pretty impressive shit, since 90% of windies are shopped idiots who accuse you for hacks when a firewall appears from nowhere...
- smiters and any type of hybrid assassins are just...class disadvantage -.- You just can't win unless you tele to andy and wait for life to fully replenish :(
- bvc...uh. I don't see how to defeat a good bvc with a firewall. I don't have experience with firewall, but I have it with bvcs. Firewall can kill him only if he is completely retarded.

All in all, I like the guide :thumbsup: It's new, and it's actually viable. The main thing I don't like with the sorc itself is the lack of offense compared to a fireball sorc, or even a light one, which I happen to play :D Anyways, I would love to duel you some time! Svs with you sounds fun :) Nice sig btw!
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
May 20 2010 11:06am
Quote (impiousbe @ May 20 2010 09:39am)
I have a few major problems with this guide which I will attempt to explain as to help you improve it in the future.

1. you are forgetting some basics. There is no obvious split between a "noob" and an experienced player but I always draw my split at character build focus. where an experience player builds his char to be balanced allround. reaching enough dmg, high life ( or mana in this case ), reaching the higher bp's..noobs tend to focus on only the damage. Thats what this build does. I am not calling you a noob. I am just saying you should attempt to find some balance in this char. I have seen and read your second fcr/fhr build and this seems more like a build to focus on. this ofc is personal preference but I can imagine that a good pvp char will eat this up because of the flaws posted above.

this being the minor issue.

2. My main issue is your pvp strat section. It is obvious you have not yet gained the required experience in pvp to actually tell people how to duel. I will show what I mean due to examples.

1. bowa : failed to mention frw even once. a good bowa will desync due to frw alone. if you don't take this into account you are allready dead. also how long will a bowa even be on a wall with that amount of frw.
2. java : stand in wall? come on.. any half assed java will legit fc you.. you will never beat a good java using this tactic. this shows you have never dueled one.
3. ghost : stand in wall again fails. ghosts use traps to stunlock. your frames even on fcr build are too low to escape a stunlock. mention wsg ffs. also seem to have forgot that mb will knock you off walls. good ghost will rape this build using that tactic.
4. trapper : she will obviously play def? you have not yet met a good trapsin. a good trapsin will chase your ranged build. mb/ls lock you and give you no chance to build up an attack.
5. hybrid : a good hybrid will never duel with only traps or only ww. so you will never get a chance to tank just the ww.
6. bone : seems more solid. however you again failed to mention some basic bone nec strats that are important. ibs and the soul train..look em up and write down how to deal with them.
7. poison : also covered decently.. I would make hydra a must ont his char however. too useufl vs some builds.
8. bvc : now here is the reason I wrote this huge ass contructive crit. stand on wall and tele away when they whirl? any bvc without a skilled leap isn't worth calling a bvc. if they leap you off wall where is your preferred tactic? find a new tactic. this will never work.
9. hdin : again no basic commentary on how to deal with basic pala skills such as desynch. hammerfields and invis hammers.
10. smiter : not much you can do if they use aura. descent comments
11. foh : good fohs never walk.. desnyc charge.. they will hit you when you can't even see em. mention it. find a way to deal with it.
12. zealer :  isn't even worth mentioning since they will play like smiters do. only diff is which attack they use when close by
13. not gonna mention sorcs since that is a class I'm not familiar to. ( you should do the same .. don't guess. rather post that you don't know cos you haven't dueled one )
14. windy : ele isn't as clear cut as you think. nados have range.. so if you camp he will tele close and cast nados.. you can try wall him but hey can dodge them easily. this tactic does seem like your best chance.
15. shifter : meh not too good or too bad. you need to meet a good rabies fury.

and again you mention having the char since 2 weeks. 2 weeks is not enough experience to write a guide.

this is constructive crit. so take it into account.

ill explain to all of these in order, but first of all, you never played a firewaller do you? because most of these are wrong

1.1 - you do not need fhr or fcr in this build, you walk more than you teleporte, and firewall have slow cast delay, and u cant sacrifice -fire res really because thats what profide so much damage

2.1 - i didnt mention desynch about these because if they start to run, they cant stop to cast arrow, because once they stop you fw them and firewall isnt affected by dodge, so about 1 sec into the fire they die, and for glass canon, they get an instant death

2 - you dont know whats firewall damage do you? u underestime it pretty much

3- ghost do rape this build, thats why its written hard

4- well, some trappers are offensive ofc, but i will not state everyexception, same reason why i didnt make strategy for fire trapper, fire druid, and all the uncommon causes. Ofc theres more offensive trappers than fire druid and things like that, but i only state the most common ones, and once again, i wrote hard, because ull get stunted pretty bad, and with fhr/fcr u do no damage to her, and with damage build you get stunted

5- i didnt say they would, i just say if their ww does the most damage, his trap will suck, so youi dont care about them, same for stronger traps

6- here i think u missed that part, All you have to do is walk and cast firewall as they cast slow bone spirit, once you casted firewall they will tele away, you follow them and at same time all bone spirits will be left behind
and obv i wont state everything about dueling, if you still need to learn everything, make an hdin not a firewall sorc

7- i didnt state hydra on most chars, because it is only as a suggested skills

8- if the bvc see you, he wont continu to leap, he will attack, so you make wall and walk down it, or if he only leap u go offensive, but once again, they can be hard as i stated

9- again, if you dont know not to teleport on hammer than you shouldnt make a firewaller, and for inv hammer, you namelock him and gently wait

10- did u read my guide? i wrote that i dont consider bming, and stacked resist is bm

11- foh dies in about 1 wall, so i didnt wrote a whole gg guide to deal about them, since you gets like no damage from them as a 95% es, you almost regen faster than ur mana go down

12- except real zeal have negative resistances

well, you're comenting on my sorc and u dont know much about them? ive had about 10 sorces, and ive curently 3, 1 fb, 1blizz, 1 firewall, all i do is sorc vs sorc because this is the most entertaining duel, so please

ill stop here and repeat what u just told me
have you even dueled a firewall sorc? have u ever had a firewall sorc?
heres what u said : ( you should do the same .. don't guess. rather post that you don't know cos you haven't dueled one )

What are you doing here? you suppose about everything, i duel with my sorc everydays, every duelers on east ladder mostly know her, she rapes in 4v4 gm, and in 1v1 gm

i wrote that i had the char since 2 weeks, but i respeced my fireball sorc into a firewall for about 2 weeks too, so 1 month isnt enough to master a char?

the only one who can make critic here is Tommyvv, because he had a firewall sorc, but again he didnt consider everything about what he wrote
so please, make one and review all that once u dueled!

Quote (GoHuskers @ May 20 2010 09:48am)
cool idea, but pvp section is terrible
just bc you can kill terrible pubs a certain way doesnt mean thats how you should really do things

humm well let me see, i duel in priv and in pub, am i worse in pub? no im not, so why wouldnt anyone else do the same?
gm pub duels or gm priv duels are the same, obv theres some noobs with gaze zealer and things like that which i dont consider

Quote (Seksi84 @ May 20 2010 12:08pm)
Okay, first of all, the guide looks new and fun :) I do have some comments though:

1) Hoto just > echuta... I used echuta last ladder only for style. And the style is pretty much all you get from it. That 25% extra damage is really nothing compared to what you get from mastery imo. I would choose hoto only for the mana, let alone other stats :)
2) I am all about survivability > damage, so I would choose 105/86 breakpoints anytime. I mean...a sorc without 86% will get fhr locked by pretty much everything.
3) PvP is the problem in some cases. Some chars synch like hell, and no fucking way to aim even with an attack as easy as fireball. And as impressive as firewall's damage is, you have to rely on some massive luck to win certain duels. Duel section needs adds, you seem way more skilled than me in using firewall, but you forgot to add some things:

- bowazons can be beaten. 3.5 k mana is not much, but the es sorc you described could reach 4.5 k pretty easy, which gives you enough time to lock and kill her. Still fucked since you won't see her most of the duel -.-
- fohers are a joke to most es sorcs even with synch. Their damage is shit with es on, just putting a tgod will nullify him to the point where you can just let hydra do the dirty work (and also help with that fucking synch). Never dueled with firewall, but I have raped fohers with any es sorc I used. Unless they sorb, they are fucked. But vs a pure foh, you can sorb as well :P
- hydra is good for having an edge, I would probably choose that over inferno, also good vs synch
- vs windies, not bad strategy, but most of the windies tend to tele away and recast their zoo when something is missing, if you get a lock when he tries to do that, he is most likely dead, killed by a wall 2-3 screens away :) Pretty impressive shit, since 90% of windies are shopped idiots who accuse you for hacks when a firewall appears from nowhere...
- smiters and any type of hybrid assassins are just...class disadvantage -.- You just can't win unless you tele to andy and wait for life to fully replenish :(
- bvc...uh. I don't see how to defeat a good bvc with a firewall. I don't have experience with firewall, but I have it with bvcs. Firewall can kill him only if he is completely retarded.

All in all, I like the guide :thumbsup: It's new, and it's actually viable. The main thing I don't like with the sorc itself is the lack of offense compared to a fireball sorc, or even a light one, which I happen to play :D Anyways, I would love to duel you some time! Svs with you sounds fun :) Nice sig btw!

1- well hoto isnt good for 95% es because you dont need resistance at all
2- once again for this u must experiment the char urself, because me and Tommyvv (who have a firewaller too) agree that u need no fhr or fcr, its all about how fast u kill opponent, when i stack 2 wall on me and an ele druid tele on me, he can die in less than a second, which isnt enough to kill me even if im stunted
3- desyncher still appear on ur screen, theyre are not where u see them though, so that make name locking even easier, if you namelock with firewall and than cast it, desynch of not, the wall will appear directly on him

hydra- i personally have 1 point in there

smiters and any type of hybrid assassins- ya i agree, my fireball sorc cant do shit either to these lol

and for bvc its about luck, and mostly depend on his resist, if its low he dies fast, you mostly wish he ww down the wall lol, 1 ww down a firewall is normally enough to kill him

and well, i hate sitting on my walls lol so i tend to do offensive gameplay, but with 63fcr its kinda harder though, but you still do well with many classes
Gold: 515.00
Warn: 10%
May 20 2010 02:36pm
Quote (Sergeant01 @ May 20 2010 06:06pm)
1- well hoto isnt good for 95% es because you dont need resistance at all
2- once again for this u must experiment the char urself, because me and Tommyvv (who have a firewaller too) agree that u need no fhr or fcr, its all about how fast u kill opponent, when i stack 2 wall on me and an ele druid tele on me, he can die in less than a second, which isnt enough to kill me even if im stunted
3- desyncher still appear on ur screen, theyre are not where u see them though, so that make name locking even easier, if you namelock with firewall and than cast it, desynch of not, the wall will appear directly on him

hydra- i personally have 1 point in there

1) Oh well, I didn't mean using hoto for res...I don't care about res as much as I do about mana, in some duels that is much more important than anything, for example vs bowazons. She will die from the first hit, the question is will you be able to lay that hit ;)
2) Oh trust me, I will experiment! I love sorcs, mostly because they look cute, but also because I enjoy speed in duels. All about personal preference here of course... Anyways, I know that cyclone is too weak to hold down a firewall, let alone two of them :) But you have to admit that it's fun to namelock firewall and kill from half of the map away :P
3) Yeah, that's pretty sexy thing to have, heh. I chose hydra only because I want to KNOW their position, I don't like surprises of that kind. I would max hydra because...well because I fucking hate inferno!
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
Prev13456711Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll