d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > Endurack's 1.12 Balance Barbarian Vs. Caster Guide > Balance Between Damage And Life !
Prev1345679Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 3.00
Sep 15 2009 10:30am
Haha, awesome guide!
Gold: 8,740.02
Sep 15 2009 10:32am
Quote (franek @ Tue, 15 Sep 2009, 18:30)
Haha, awesome guide!wall of bullshit

needed a fix ^^
Gold: 575.00
Sep 15 2009 10:36am
Oh god, LOL.
Gold: 0.00
Sep 15 2009 10:37am
Endurack's 1.12 balanc...

stopped reading there
Gold: 1.50
Sep 15 2009 10:38am
Quote (Endurack @ Tue, 15 Sep 2009, 18:45)
As for the flamming of the math, thats pretty funny that you say DS does not work the way I posted yet you support my DS calculation saying it is 100% Accurate. You are currently flamming the CS calculation which again has been taken directly off of Arreat Summit. Now at first I thought CS worked the same way you did until Arreat Summit updated their site and I went and tested it. "Beast" was recieving Double Damage just over 50% of the time ( 14 out of 25 Hits Trigged DD). This means CS works the exact way I stated. Again feel free to test it yourself just like I test everything. It is a very easy and simple test to do in game.

Testing it is pointless. Arreat Summit is known to be ridden with flaws since it's edited according to e-mails from people and D2 players tend to be idiots. And btw, hit testing is pointless, as it is affected by CTH and you would need to have a few hundred thousand hits to get to half-decent levels of accuracy. Willing to do 500,000 hits for me?

Now as for how Griefs damage works in PvP, it does not get calculated by Strength or ED gear what so ever. If you care to test this we can do that as well. I originally had a BvC with "Grief" and disliked the damage so began calculating how the PvP Damage works looking for better options hoping their might be one. This one does just that. If you care to do the countless tests I have done in game against many well known players on this forum, feel free to PM me. I will kill anything faster than you can.

Again, how would you then explain the HUGE damage that Grief adds to Smite? Or the fact that Smite does ANY damage at all, since the shields only have about 50 average damage and, according to you, Holy Shield does not affect this.

And for the comment on Steelrends adding puny damage or something, they add exactly 681 Maximum Damage on my Barbarian. Once converted to Double Damage that is 1,362 Damage. Learn math please.

1,362 after PvP penalty turns out to about 200 damage, about 100 after 50% PDR. Pathetic. And since it's maximum, it needs to be halved for consistency, so you're looking at 50-100 more damage. Pathetic.

This post was edited by olba on Sep 15 2009 10:39am
Sep 15 2009 10:42am
Quote (Endurack @ Tue, 15 Sep 2009, 16:45)
If anyone cares to test this in game like I have done so I will gladly show you the damage difference.

As for the flamming of the math, thats pretty funny that you say DS does not work the way I posted yet you support my DS calculation saying it is 100% Accurate. You are currently flamming the CS calculation which again has been taken directly off of Arreat Summit. Now at first I thought CS worked the same way you did until Arreat Summit updated their site and I went and tested it. "Beast" was recieving Double Damage just over 50% of the time ( 14 out of 25 Hits Trigged DD). This means CS works the exact way I stated. Again feel free to test it yourself just like I test everything. It is a very easy and simple test to do in game.

Now as for how Griefs damage works in PvP, it does not get calculated by Strength or ED gear what so ever. If you care to test this we can do that as well. I originally had a BvC with "Grief" and disliked the damage so began calculating how the PvP Damage works looking for better options hoping their might be one. This one does just that. If you care to do the countless tests I have done in game against many well known players on this forum, feel free to PM me. I will kill anything faster than you can.

And for the comment on Steelrends adding puny damage or something, they add exactly 681 Maximum Damage on my Barbarian. Once converted to Double Damage that is 1,362 Damage. Learn math please.

Finally, The comment on 7,406 Life - As stated in this guide I use a lot of gear others do not. e.g 182 life Belt vs. Arachnids Mesh, 2x FCR Rings versus 2 Raven Frosts ( totaling to another 205ish Life) War Travelers which adds another 40 to Life etc. The life eqauls to close to the same of most BvC's when they do not prebuff. Now I have alot of friends hitting 7.7K Life without Prebuff so of course I lack roughly 200 - 400 less life than they do but in the end the damage difference makes the build Superior.

Now for everyone flamming, I will gladly meet you in game and talk about the damage and do some testing if you want to show you how you are wrong. Even you Gar, Becca has already told you how I can kill her Assassin far faster than your Barbarian.

Where?
Gold: 1.50
Sep 15 2009 10:45am
Quote (Tails chao @ Tue, 15 Sep 2009, 19:42)
Where?

... The place with three godly babazons?
Sep 15 2009 10:46am
Quote (olba @ Tue, 15 Sep 2009, 17:45)
... The place with three godly babazons?

I was wrong to question the mathematical Barbarian Gods.

Forgive me.
Gold: 7.00
Sep 15 2009 10:51am
Quote (Endurack @ Mon, Sep 14 2009, 09:04pm)

Amazon:
So, this is pretty easy to beat if you know how to change your gear to beat them. Bad Amazons will die very quickly because they try to use a Bow versus you and good Amazons will dominate you if they use Javelins and you use Dual Wield Weapons. So, this is where you go into your little box of tricks and pull out that 1.08 Stormshield, 2x Raven Frsosts, Waterwalks, Cats Eye, Immortal King’s Detail Gloves and EBotD Berserker Axe. Toss all of this on and you will reach 75% Block rate with Base Dexterity. You also reach 50% Damage Reduction if you equip a Dungoes. After this is all said and done Amazons will be a walk in the park.
As for CS Amazon Hybrids, they are a joke. Go put on a Thundergod’s and a Wisp Projector and laugh as you beat the fuck out of them.

Paladins:
Okay these little fucks are very annoying. I don’t think anyone will argue that this is the BvC’s downfall. Scroll back in this Guide to the section where I talk about the equipment and look for the 303 Attack Rating Axe explanation. The items under that section are what you want to use versus that are well equipped. If you are fighting a Rando Commando, then your heavy damage will make short work of them if you know when to attack. The time to attack a Paladin is when they either Charge, begin a Teleport or are landing a Teleport or are running instead of walking. See when a player is running, Teleporting or using Charge their block is reduced to zero. This is the prefect time to land some hits releasing devastating damage. If you fight a lot of Smiters, simply Whirlwind away from them so they walk into the wake of you Whirlwind.

1. You can't kill a java without bm sorb =\ Lol.. you must be doing something wrong. *reads the comments follow the guide* Now I see.

2. Idk, the only pally my barb lost to was a very good v/t (1v1 ofc), and it's hard to find the good ones.

3. Where's the strat on how to duel a melee druid :( ? My fury/rabies druid likes to nomnom on barbs daily.
Gold: 7.18
Warn: 100%
Sep 15 2009 10:56am
Quote (Endurack @ Tue, 15 Sep 2009, 17:45)
If anyone cares to test this in game like I have done so I will gladly show you the damage difference.

Finally, The comment on 7,406 Life - As stated in this guide I use a lot of gear others do not. e.g 182 life Belt vs. Arachnids Mesh, 2x FCR Rings versus 2 Raven Frosts ( totaling to another 205ish Life) War Travelers which adds another 40 to Life etc. The life eqauls to close to the same of most BvC's when they do not prebuff. Now I have alot of friends hitting 7.7K Life without Prebuff so of course I lack roughly 200 - 400 less life than they do but in the end the damage difference makes the build Superior.

Now for everyone flamming, I will gladly meet you in game and talk about the damage and do some testing if you want to show you how you are wrong. Even you Gar, Becca has already told you how I can kill her Assassin far faster than your Barbarian.

p.s.: I really start to like you!! Fuck clown_iraq, your theorycrafting is way moar funny hähähä
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
Prev1345679Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll