d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > The Ultimate Ww Axe Baba Guide! > Teh pwning char =)
Prev12345616Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
Banned
Gold: 36.68
Warn: 100%
Dec 2 2004 04:41pm
@kanniball: Yeah, do that, beast owns =) In BvB however, def & ar is just as much, if not more important than dmg & life.

Haha, then I'll have to play more defensively, not teleing around like a maniac like I did now. Will be interesting to try out my new max-leap barb, he's level 82 atm. evil.gif

This post was edited by morotsjos on Dec 2 2004 04:46pm
Gold: 10.00
Dec 2 2004 04:54pm
i cant help but laugh at your diffuculty ratings and your predictions of what ppl do.......

lghting sorc owns baba, period. boners arn't hard, and against a decent to good zealot, you have quite a bit of difficulty, particularly if he's using draculs and exile (most likely the case) for lifetap.
hammerdins are usually easy to kill.

and against any decent foher/smiter, it wont be pure, they will have both and you will be owned wink.gif
Banned
Dec 3 2004 04:20am
valaraukar, are you mocking me or kanniball? Not that it really matters...

1) Apparently you are not a good barbplayer yourself. The good bvc-barbs dont lose to sorcs period. Especially not on west, i.e. no 15/70:s.

2) You only duel pubbienecs? The best barbs go about 50/50 with the best necs. Dont tell me that you, who have problems with sorcs, beats necs easy. Then you're lying.

3) Zealots? Allow me to laugh. I have never lost consistently to a zealot with my 7k def, NON-BLOCK barb, and I'm a mediocre barb-player. Mcm (bvc-barb on west, also non-block) beat some temple zealots 10-0, lifetap or not, and went at worst 10-3 with optikal. What do you think would happen if the barb has 30k+ defense and 75% block? My conclusion is: You cant ww.

4) Really? Imo hammerdins are one of the harder classes, since their damage doesn't allow many mistakes. Could have something to do with my crappy computer&connection too... Anyway, GOOD desynch hammerdins rape barbs. It's easier if you play defensively, but then again, so can the hammerdin -> deadlock.

5) Ww owns smite. Only the best v/t stands a chance vs barbs (and the good barbs rape them). If they are t/v, they are screwed since all they have after you stack resists is a crappy smite. Imo pure foh:ers with 20k+ def that know how to tele are harder, since it's hard for a barb to both have fcr and good ar. I suspect you are the kind of sad barb that duel v/t with botd/storm...

This post was edited by morotsjos on Dec 3 2004 04:23am
Banned
Gold: 3.03
Dec 3 2004 10:38am
QUOTE (valaraukar @ Dec 2 2004, 10:54 PM)
i cant help but laugh at your diffuculty ratings and your predictions of what ppl do.......

lghting sorc owns baba, period.  boners arn't hard, and against a decent to good zealot, you have quite a bit of difficulty, particularly if he's using draculs and exile (most likely the case) for lifetap. 
hammerdins are usually easy to kill.

and against any decent foher/smiter, it wont be pure, they will have both and you will be owned wink.gif

hope you have a great time laughing with my difficulty commends. So am I, with yours.

1) First off all, the light soso: I wanna see a light sorc beat me with 2 wisps & tg, like I mentioned. Lightning is a rather slow attack so while she's casting it's not very hard to tele/ww her.

2) Boners arn't hard, nice commend put give me an explanation next time. I wanna see u beat up some full block/bone shield necro, with a nice fcr, good luck!

3) This is the funniest I think, just the thought of a zealot making a chance vs ww baba is a joke. Don't think there will be many people not agree with me if I say that.

4) U say baba pwns hammer easy? Hello? Is this your first day you play d2 oO?

5) I'm not used to get killed by smiters, only the very gosu or buggers make sometime a chance.

I'm just trying to imagine what your baba pwns:

1) He gets pwned by light soso.
2) He pwns boners with full block and bone shield easy.
3) He gets pwned by zealot.
4) He pwns hammerdins easy.
5) He gets pwned by smiters.

And you tell me my difficulty ratings are a joke?
lol! ph34r.gif

@ Morotsjos Agree with u, btw: I like to duel your new baba, but I can't get on untill 1,5 week now. I'm having much to do for school icon_pointr.gif exams dry.gif

This post was edited by kanniball-gws on Dec 3 2004 10:43am
Banned
Dec 3 2004 03:42pm
Kanniball: Sure, just msg me (my new barb will not differ much from my old, a few hundred less def though tongue.gif ). About the trade for the lightskiller, just PM me when you can get online, I have no hurry.

Some barbs beat hammerdins easy, but generally most barbs find them hard. Regarding sorcs: Open wounds cut through eshield like butter. You dont really need absorb vs casters. If they are good, max resist does the trick.
Gold: 16,938.69
Dec 3 2004 05:00pm
I myself duel ladder with my sword baba.. Meh.. Forcasters.. I personally prefer to dual wield the CB. Hammerdins are pwn(able). LEAP when they move.. They just can't sit tehre and spam. When they move leap,tele,ww.
Gold: 10.00
Dec 3 2004 05:15pm
when i was talking about light sorcs, i meant nothing other than es sorcs with max block (any castor without it dueling melee is an iddiot) and the only way i've seen hammeridins kill barbs is by sitting casting hammers and never moving, occasionally i die of course, doing that much damage who doesn't. sleep.gif

oh and why would i be talking in a this guide if i wasn't using duel weild beast+ebotd? nice one

try not coming to useless conclusions and assumptions, never did I say i was the best, im not a hardcore player who uses dupes, and fills up with 3/20/20 and w/e else shit dupes ppl use.

i usually have little trouble with smiters, just the v/t i die to.

and i beg to differ on the zealot matter..... maybe you havn't gone against a good zealot? what can they get about 70k def or so? and most certainly have the higher ar. and you just combo smite/zeal and gg baba

Gold: 0.74
Warn: 10%
Dec 3 2004 07:05pm
good ebotd/beast barb can kill hammerdin...if the barb kno wuts he doin and if u r on west try to duel julien's barb wit ur hammerdin bet u ll get whooped
Banned
Gold: 3.03
Dec 4 2004 04:13am
QUOTE (valaraukar @ Dec 3 2004, 11:15 PM)
and i beg to differ on the zealot matter..... maybe you havn't gone against a good zealot? what can they get about 70k def or so? and most certainly have the higher ar. and you just combo smite/zeal and gg baba

Nop, never seen such zealers, I think they simply don't excist.

@deanjones agree, if u wanna make a chance vs babas, if your a bvs or anticaster baba, u nn block. That's your own choice. smile.gif
Banned
Dec 4 2004 05:55am
valaraukar: as I said, open wounds cut through eshield like butter. You die to v/t simply because you dont stack resist. Try getting about 200 resist OVER max and see if their foh do any dmg.

Why the HELL would any zealot use smite? Smite is inferior to zeal vs barbs, its damage sucks. Any zealot who tries to be a smite/zeal hybrid will suck, they lose dmg and ar since they must have a decent smite dmg. Next time, try to read what I said; mcm owned the temple zealots (pls dont tell me they're bad) with botd/beast and <10k def. Yes, they have 70k+ def, yes they have 75% block, yes they have more ar. Yet they lose BADLY to a ww-barb without block and with inferior defense and ar. Whirlwind is a superior attack, plain and simple. If you know how to whirl, no melee will defeat you. Ever.

And no, I haven't faced any godly zealot, but then again I'm far from godly myself. I have no problem killing zealots with 40-50k def, and I dont even bother to use angelics, so I have like 15k ar. Does this tell you anything?

Yes, godly barbs kill most hammerdins if they know how to duel them. Thing is, there is almost NO hammerdins that are anti-melee. A good hammerdin will have max block, dr, 20k+ def and stay desynched the entire duel. Those are almost IMPOSSIBLE for a barb, even if there are some barbs who claim they beat them.

I think you are a bit lost since you base your assumptions on YOUR barb, which according to you has inferior gear (charms). You then say that barbs lose to godly 70k+ def zealots. Ofc they do if they have sucky gear. As I said though, godly barbs>>godly zealots.

Btw, you dont think that your botd/beast are "shit dupes"? Hrs are probably more duped than 32020s so please dont be a hypocrite.
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
Prev12345616Next
Closed New Topic New Poll