d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > Ancalagon`s Pvm Fanazealot Guide 1.2 > Repost Due To Some Foolish Rules
Prev12345649Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,671.80
Feb 26 2009 12:02pm
Quote (MajinKaisa @ Thu, 26 Feb 2009, 18:45)
is that what you call it?

What do you mean with this question?
Gold: 67.22
Feb 26 2009 12:32pm
more details please wink.gif
Gold: 3,475.00
Feb 26 2009 07:18pm
Quote (Ancalagon @ Thu, Feb 26 2009, 02:32pm)
more details please wink.gif

kuss.gif

no homo
Feb 27 2009 03:16am
I don`t care about your sexual orientation wink.gif

being afraid of wehat somebody else does in his/her privacy is just too immature for me wink.gif
Gold: 31,812.00
Feb 27 2009 03:58am
good grief.
cute guide, but even though this is pvm, plz have more life lol.
that is just too much str for a pvm pally :S.

cookie cutter pvm pally setup(well idk if ur plannin on mfin cause the only reason u pvm is to kill monsters to get drops...)

main setup
weap - death zerk. the best huge ass crushing blow and deadly strike. already provides mana leech so you wont need to worry of that.
crown of ages - 2x 40/15ias - to hit the break point for zealin with death. 30res and 15dr must so u can be tankage, if ur res blows, 2x15res/15ias cause ur damage will be incredible as is (may go for this if ur strickly pvm)
fort - melee king armor. 300ed, res, life, chilling armor. nothing more u can ask. But to answer is this like a "mfin" pvm zealot then ud wear enigma xD and war travs, but fort is your goal.
gloves - 20ias/10%cb/life gloves. try get like dex/str on it to shave off pts for more vit but any 20ias/cb glove will do. and i believe these come with life leech mod when u craft it regardless.
rings - dual 20dex/250 ar rings. or u can go 1x 20/250raven and then a nice melee ring (ar/dual leech/stat/res)
boots - gores ofc unless that war trav thing i mentioned :S.
belt - dungo or tgod. 15%dr just from coa only is kinda pussy imo, but its pvm so u can get by with that. so either go 30% dr with 15% dungo or just 15% dr with tgod (as souls can be a bitch)
ammy - highlords.
shield - cube bug'd eth exile with 45 res. ST = lowest amount dex needed for mb which is waht u want, but if u want u can use vortex. up to u which ever is more available.

charms:
best pally torch u can get
best anni u can get
get a few max/ar/life sc or gcs. but keep some an empty cube in stash so u can put crap in it. u gain more charm space if u just use a empty cube cause cube has 9 spaces, and u sacrifice just 4 slots to have 9 free spots.
if u need lil extra res, sacrifice a few max/ar/life charms for some res/life or whatever ones.

you should hit 60%ias with this setup so u swing at fastest speed with eth death zerk, decently good res

merc: use a2 nm offensive for might.
gully helm - cb and ds ofc is sexy tongue.gif. if u want to pimp him out more, socket that with a 40/15ias
fort armor - big dam boost, life,res, chilling armor. way better then the other options u mentioned
ebotd war pike - super high dam, super fast and has dual leech. nothing more to ask from a merc weap

other option for weap is u use eth doom for the freeze aura to slow and even shatter shit, but then ud need to ofset ur helm and change it to like a ral'd andy helm or crown of thieves.

other gear options
grief pb
phx pally st 45 res
fort/nigma/eth upd shaft/zod'd eth valor/zod'd eth bane
then pretty much same gear for everything else, except you may have to change your gloves to dracs if u want to make sure u have life tap for safety and make sure u get dual leech.

there are many other gear options but ye.

cute guide, but man that life just makes me cringe xD
Feb 27 2009 04:34am
you know, I love people like you that have a loud mouth but don`t know when to keep it shut.

1. statting is more a personal thing, as far as I see PvM, the only good monster is a dead monster and what dies quicker does less harm.
+ damage= lifeleach

str= damage, str= life

I did not die with any of my zealots in situations where life was actually a crucuial factor
one can do with less str and if you read carefully I normally suggest getting an amount of life that you feel comfortable with and then put the rest into str

so let us continue

1st up: there is not only one setup for a charbuild there are many

and now I will show yolu why your setup is a piece of ineffective trash)

death BA = less average damge than death ettin--> less damage output than ettin (death ba has 12-14 avdam less than ettin--> 24-28 maxdam jewel
death BA needs one less socket for maxspeed and one less socket only means an increase of 15 additional maxdam per socket because one can use 15 ias 15 maxdam jewels)
and 24 is more than 15.......

crown of ages means a loss of 35% crushing blow and ~ 300 % off weapon ed from deadly strike (in comparison to a gulli) if we have average off weapon ed of a fanazealot (~ 1000%)
more loss if we have more off weapon ed

if we were to mf with a zealot, we`d be using a skulli because it ioffers more mf and more offensive material than an eni and teleport without FCR is bullshit, not to mention that 2nd slot is already used wink.gif

loh> all other gloves on a fanazealot ias are normally needed, and even if not
50% fres= godly
350% ed vs demons= 113% ed versus any opponent (leaving out that all act bosses are demons) = 113 statpoints

I actually wonder how you want to get ll on your setup with dual ravens wink.gif

I already mentioned that ring choice normally is raven+ll ring

when using Death, one gains more from using war travellers than from using gores (this implies one uses guillaume´s face, though)

dungo= piece of trash
if you want damred, use a string of ears because the lifeleach on that thing offers more life/ s than the 90-120 baselife of a dungo

tgod is a nice belt, I mentioned it, however souls are easy to counter without a tg, whisp or ga and stuff.. it´s called tactics.
but hey, if you`re one of the guys who run up to them, straight through their attacks and get fried... why not, I prefer to use my brains.
I think I mentioned how to do that in my "what a fanazealot doesnot like"- section

highlords as ammy actually depends on the weapon, with a death BA, you`ll get better results from atma`s than from highlords

exile means LT= more physical immunes+ loss of damage+ less resi+ not needed screendeff+ no maxspeed with certain weapons
gris or herald are far better.

I don t see why one would need resis from a coa
so let`s see
with some calculations:
30 resis anya
20-30 resis armor (forti or lionheart for example)
40-50 resis shield
15 averagre anni
15 average torch
----------------------------
120-140 prisma
laying of hands--> 170-190 fres --> 1 sc/stat on ring and full)
highlords ---> 155-175 lres = 2 scs and done
cold= sc if you like+ raven and done
poison= we have ll ... not needed that much

max/ar/add charms are not needed, simple max/ar are enough or even far better (4 maxdam scs and 14 maxdam gcs) love them

merc:
reaper`s > botd in damage output + decrepefy= less physical immunes
treachery> fortitude because merc has resis, treachery offers ias and damred and with the ias, the off weapon ed from fana and str of your merc comes into play better and it means a higher damage output than fortitude+ less curse duration

phoenix= bullshit because the firestorm disrupts your zeal series = greater damage loss than gain through the off weapon ed

grief pb has less damage output than death .

lionheart= more offensive/&defensive potential than an enigma

valor + bane loose also in comparison to lionheart, they might be viable options for PvP but this is a PvM guide and they basiccally suck.

I wonder what you will need ml for on a zealot, the attack only costs 2 mana and if you use venggeance versus PI monsters, you cannot ml : rolleyes:

but now let us get to the final one

screendeff and damred
are things we can really forget

a.)ever heard odf diminishing returns of screendefvf?
little comparison: a lvl 85 monster has a chance to hit you
of ~ 22 % if you have 9k defense
of 18% if you have 13k defense

now 75% of those hits get blocked
so basiccally the chance of a monster to hit you when you have
9k deff= 5,4%
13k deff=4,5%

so those 4k defense actually mean an increase of less thsan 1 hit per hundred attacks....
and 9k deff are easy with holy shield

b:)
damred actually depends on the amount of damage that a monster can deliver/inflict on you
however, when looking at the damage they deal, you`ll see that that is very little compared to their life and so on...

PvM is not PvP.... it is not much damage in comparison to little life,l but the other way around, damred is not needed in PvM

so you basically want me to use a build that has

~ 800% less off weapon ed
no measures against PI monsters
less average damage and so on
for no increase in safety?

dude your stupidity makes me cringe.

do all of us a favor and learn basics

This post was edited by Ancalagon on Feb 27 2009 04:52am
Feb 27 2009 01:48pm
new input
Feb 27 2009 06:28pm
what do you think
Gold: 2,000.00
Feb 27 2009 08:16pm
Vouch ancalagon. You can ease hell on a zealot with zero dr and 1k life if you know what you're doing. Also that death ettin setup > all for pvm.

This post was edited by dark-soul on Feb 27 2009 08:24pm
Gold: 3,475.00
Feb 28 2009 08:55am
nudge
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
Prev12345649Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll