d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > Ancalagon`s Pvm Fanazealot Guide 1.2 > Repost Due To Some Foolish Rules
Prev1282930313249Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 15.00
Warn: 100%
Jul 25 2009 03:40am
Quote (Ancalagon @ Sat, Jul 25 2009, 12:28am)
1st fail = botd (thatn thing does crappy damage and when taking out bosses hell even a double upped rixot's eye is better)
2nd fail= angelics.

I coudl go on but please let#s just say it like this... don't waste too much energy for inferior sollutions

Its an EBOTD War Pike Im talking about, hardly crappy damage. I had a 6k - 14k Damage WW Barb once. Anyway I tried this setup vs DClone, it killed him very fast. A crappy damage IK Barb beat UT on Youtube, and it wasnt PlugY either, because minions were spawning.

Its just not as fast as a smiter, zealot or javzon, thats all. But not a fail.
Gold: 67.22
Jul 25 2009 05:33am
Quote (mvm199 @ Sat, Jul 25 2009, 10:40am)
Its an EBOTD War Pike Im talking about, hardly crappy damage. I had a 6k - 14k Damage WW Barb once. Anyway I tried this setup vs DClone, it killed him very fast. A crappy damage IK Barb beat UT on Youtube, and it wasnt PlugY either, because minions were spawning.

Its just not as fast as a smiter, zealot or javzon, thats all. But not a fail.

botd has no ds and no CB is is a crappy weapon compared to those that offer theese stats

botd in a 2 hander especially versus bosses is inferior to a couple other weapons like the IK maul, windhammer,tombreaver (frees up slots for more cb/ds), obedience and some other weapons depending on the build
Gold: 0.00
Jul 25 2009 10:06am
bump
Jul 27 2009 05:56am
bump
Jul 27 2009 10:49pm
bump
Gold: 5.00
Jul 28 2009 08:51am
Best guide I've seen Ancalagon,

I am just wondering what switches you make when you do ubers.

Death Ettin
Gulli Ias
Fortitude --> if replacing LOH with drac's grasp would treachery be ideal armor for reaching IAS BP?
LoH --> replace with drac's?
Highlord`s
WT`s --> gores for ubers?
rare LL ring with dex,str and prisma
Raven

on switch: Azurewrath+Dragonscales --> is this for physical immune, why dragon scale?

Inv: Torch,Anni, 1x Off aura skiller
rest maxdam/AR

Skills:
Fana Max,HS max,Zeal Max,Sacrifice Max --> 1 point smite should be sufficient?
1 Redemption,Salvation,Cleansing
Rest: Conv --> physical immune?

Merc: Gulli 34 ED duriel`s Shell Non eth Reaper`s --> guessing you don't want reapers on merc

--> Finally, do you think putting most of your points in str is going to be a bad idea for ubers. Lilith really hurts, thinking of going more the Vita route and enough strength for gear

--> Thanks for your input

~ Duncan

This post was edited by junko_hc on Jul 28 2009 09:10am
Jul 28 2009 11:27am
I replace Loh with dracs and the wt's with gores and the death with something like
black
heaven's light
stormlash
astreon's

and so on.

(and I either use no merc or give the merc a different weapon because I do not want the LT to be overridden by decrepefy

dragonscales offer a big chunk of elemental damage, same for tiamat's rebuke and since I use conv+zeal versus Immunes I likeelemental damage

rest conv for physical immunes and partyplay

I point smite is sufficient because you have fanatism, str, and holy shield to boost oyur damage

I do not really have a problem with the 500 str and only ~ 700 hitpoints however the build was intended to be damage as damage can, you can also put more points into vita if you feel better about oyur build that way.

Lillith and UT are a pest witht hat, you have to be very cautious (drinking poison potions, triggering fade before you go, LT wand on switch to precast (which I always use for UT)

it means you have to kill everythign but lillith before you face her because those succubi can be pretty nasty
Jul 28 2009 03:23pm
Quote (Ancalagon @ Tue, Jul 28 2009, 05:27pm)
I replace Loh with dracs and the wt's with gores and the death with something like
black
heaven's light
stormlash
astreon's

and so on.

(and I either use no merc or give the merc a different weapon because I do not want the LT to be overridden by decrepefy

dragonscales offer a big chunk of elemental damage, same for tiamat's rebuke and since I use conv+zeal versus Immunes I likeelemental damage

rest conv for physical immunes and partyplay

I point smite is sufficient because you have fanatism, str, and holy shield to boost oyur damage

I do not really have a problem with the 500 str and only ~ 700 hitpoints however the build was intended to be damage as damage can, you can also put more points into vita if you feel better about oyur build that way.

Lillith and UT are a pest witht hat, you have to be very cautious (drinking poison potions, triggering fade before you go, LT wand on switch to precast (which I always use for UT)

it means you have to kill everythign but lillith before you face her because those succubi can be pretty nasty

I tried your character setup against DClone and he seriously beat him in less than 20 seconds. I used Zeal ofc. So I imagine against Ubers the only gear shifting necessary would be against Mephisto: maybe a lot of 5res SC's and COH instead of Forti, change boots to Gores, leave LOH and switch shield to Exile for Life Tap. I guess a CTA + BO Spirit would come in handy here, plus a Raven or a Wisp.
Jul 28 2009 03:42pm
Quote (mvm199 @ Tue, Jul 28 2009, 10:23pm)
I tried your character setup against DClone and he seriously beat him in less than 20 seconds. I used Zeal ofc. So I imagine against Ubers the only gear shifting necessary would be against Mephisto: maybe a lot of 5res SC's and COH instead of Forti, change boots to Gores, leave LOH and switch shield to Exile for Life Tap. I guess a CTA + BO Spirit would come in handy here, plus a Raven or a Wisp.

a paladin does NOT need more than 175% resistances altogether from charms and equipment to kill mephisto
you precast fade from treqachery, that is another 62 prisma
you put 1 point in salvation and activate that aura versus mephisto, that is another 60-80% prisma depending on your gear
and thus you have more than countered the -125% resistance form mephisto's conviction

using dracs+ herald makes more sense because
1. ed versus demons does not work with smite (and smite is what one should use versus bosses anyway)
2. exile has no blockmod and fever resis than f.e. a herald so with using exile you will loose maxblock

3. you use a raven for nonfreeze aynway
whisp is not needed at all

BO is for weaklings... it doe snot help and in UT a LT wand on switch is much better than a cta (you don't really have many +allskills to get a good duration and BO lvl anyway)
a CTA is USELESS on a fanazealot
Jul 28 2009 03:55pm
Quote (Ancalagon @ Tue, Jul 28 2009, 09:42pm)
a paladin does NOT need more than 175% resistances altogether from charms and equipment to kill mephisto
you precast fade from treqachery, that is another 62 prisma
you put 1 point in salvation and activate that aura versus mephisto, that is another 60-80% prisma depending on your gear
and thus you have more than countered the -125% resistance form mephisto's conviction

using dracs+ herald makes more sense because
1. ed versus demons does not work with smite (and smite is what one should use versus bosses anyway)
2. exile has no blockmod and fever resis than f.e. a herald so with using exile you will loose maxblock

3. you use a raven for nonfreeze aynway
whisp is not needed at all

BO is for weaklings... it doe snot help and in UT a LT wand on switch is much better than a cta (you don't really have many +allskills to get a good duration and BO lvl anyway)
a CTA is USELESS on a fanazealot

You misunderstood me. Im saying it can be done with zeal, thus carrying through the benefit of ed versus demons and deadly strike. 4 fpa attack + max CB + max DS + OW + high damage is a killer combo. I agree with you .... sure you can use salvation versus Meph, you will sacrifice attack speed though (6 fpa). And prebuff with Treachery is a good idea too. Life Tap wand on switch can be a good idea even though risky with your build's low vita, I do the same with my smiter and I use HoZ + Steelrends because I dont need lifetap from items.

My point was they can be killed and rather easily with YOUR build using Zeal. Plus its no big deal if you try out a few different setups every once in a while, keeps stuff interesting.
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
Prev1282930313249Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll