d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > Extensive Mercenary Builds Guide > By Synonym
Prev1232425262745Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 12.00
Aug 17 2010 03:51pm
I didnt like the A3 Merc Guide. I dont think stacking facet's without any fcr or +skills will give him a good enough attack and he'll be weak as shit.
This is a much better setup for A3 Cold Merc.
I also think using that lawbring aura just to repell undead is semi pointless, as is using a phoenix on a non fire class one.

Spirit sword
Spirit Monarch
Skin of the Vipermagi - 5/5 Facet
Perf NightWing's - 5/5 Facet

Hits fastest's FCR BP
+7 all skills.

overall though it seem's like a good guide other then the a3 merc section. good job

This post was edited by Andrewchos on Aug 17 2010 04:00pm
Gold: Locked
Aug 18 2010 06:16am
Quote (Andrewchos @ Aug 18 2010 12:51am)
I didnt like the A3 Merc Guide. I dont think stacking facet's without any fcr or +skills will give him a good enough attack and he'll be weak as shit.
This is a much better setup for A3 Cold Merc.
I also think using that lawbring aura just to repell undead is semi pointless, as is using a phoenix on a non fire class one.

Spirit sword
Spirit Monarch
Skin of the Vipermagi - 5/5 Facet
Perf NightWing's - 5/5 Facet

Hits fastest's FCR BP
+7 all skills.

overall though it seem's like a good guide other then the a3 merc section. good job

You truly are ultima1. Rofl.
Aug 18 2010 07:45am
Wasnt trying to upset you, just saying the A3 Section was complete trash offering zero viable build's that make even the smallest bit of sense. Pure facet gear will give you fcr at the lowest bp with no tankability and shitty damage its just stupid. and building a merc purely around a knockback aura sancturary while having a shitty attack is also just as worthlesss.

how can you possibly disagree. just delete that part from your guide cause its just noob info.
Gold: 2.00
Aug 18 2010 09:46am
Quote (Andrewchos @ Aug 18 2010 08:45am)
Wasnt trying to upset you, just saying the A3 Section was complete trash offering zero viable build's that make even the smallest bit of sense. Pure facet gear will give you fcr at the lowest bp with no tankability and shitty damage its just stupid. and building a merc purely around a knockback aura sancturary while having a shitty attack is also just as worthlesss.

how can you possibly disagree. just delete that part from your guide cause its just noob info.

the merc is build around sanctuary because thats all he needs from it. he doesnt need it to kill anybody..he just needs it to kb.. for example on a cs character(berzerk barb/pnb necro) it's merc would be sanctuary. the char can kill anything without much trouble but having the merc makes it even easier so you won't die at lvl 96+ and with a good way to get life ( redemption ) the merc won't be dying much either.

This post was edited by viper88 on Aug 18 2010 09:46am
Gold: 1,583.00
Warn: 10%
Aug 18 2010 09:49am
Quote (viper88 @ Aug 18 2010 03:46pm)
the merc is build around sanctuary because thats all he needs from it. he doesnt need it to kill anybody..he just needs it to kb.. for example on a cs character(berzerk barb) it's merc would be sanctuary. the barb can kill anything without much trouble but having the merc makes it even easier so you won't die at lvl 96+ and with a good way to get life ( redemption ) the merc won't be dying much either.

CORECT AMONDO!!!

however i dont recommend a3 or a5 merc with sanctuary for bezerk barbs.

I have done way too many runs to give up on them as they push the damn VIZIER out into the lava.

making it very frustraiting and time consuming to kill him.

There are better options
Gold: 2.00
Aug 18 2010 09:51am
Quote (mizure @ Aug 18 2010 10:49am)
CORECT AMONDO!!!

however i dont recommend a3 or a5 merc with sanctuary for bezerk barbs.

I have done way too many runs to give up on them as they push the damn VIZIER out into the lava.

making it very frustraiting and time consuming to kill him.

There are better options

lol haven't thought about that :P i usually just telestomp/howl/zerk b4 anyone has chance to move ;)
Aug 18 2010 09:53am
Yea and building a merc just to push undead around in random directions and nothing else is pointless and stupid. It doesnt increase killing speed just spread's everything around annoyingly.

No one in a right mind would waste time making that merc because it has no purpose it doesnt help itself or its owner.
I understood from the start what that build is for, its just a dumbass build, that no one would use or make.

This post was edited by Andrewchos on Aug 18 2010 09:55am
Aug 18 2010 09:56am
Quote (Andrewchos @ Aug 18 2010 06:53pm)
Yea and building a merc just to push undead around in random directions and nothing else is pointless and stupid. It doesnt increase killing speed just spread's everything around annoyingly.

No one in a right mind would waste time making that merc because it has no purpose it doesnt help itself or its owner.

It holds a purpose of handling a second element / countering an immunity. It's an option, and a viable one at that, unlike a viper a3 merc theorycraft. -%EER means everything for a merc like that, so dual spirit is just stupid.

Read what I wrote about mercs in general, that almost none compare to a2 mercs, but the fact remains there are 4 variable mercs that need to be taken into consideration when someone is looking for an appropriate setup.

This isn't a specific character guide, it's an all-mercs guide.

This post was edited by Synonym on Aug 18 2010 09:57am
Aug 18 2010 10:01am
I wasnt trying to diss your guide, was just trying to explain that the build's you wrote for A3 Merc's are in my opinion bad one's and useless. the best of the three was actually the sanctuary one but even that one is pointless because to waste a merc spot on one aura that doesnt really change anything or significantly help is pretty silly.

My viper build could probably be improved on perhap's but I think its much more viable then any of the build's you wrote of.

with the fastest 86* fcr bp and +7 to all skills's it actually does reasonable damage at a fast pace and can actually kill monsters fairly quickly in 1 player game, I havent tested it with more people.

also has added night wing damage and dual facet's from nw + viper.

This post was edited by Andrewchos on Aug 18 2010 10:02am
Aug 18 2010 10:02am
Act 3 mercs are bad and useless, it's a fact, compared to other merc types. That can also be said about Act 5 mercs, actually.

But I didn't want to leave them shadowed, so I tested a few combinations and found the -%EER setups to be the most effective, and the azurewrath setup the most effective, CS-wise.

p.s P1 games are not something you should take into consideration when testing overall effectiveness. It's either p8, or nothing at all.

This post was edited by Synonym on Aug 18 2010 10:03am
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
Prev1232425262745Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll