d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > 1.11b Uber Smiter Guide For Ladder And Hc Ladder > For Solo Trist
Prev120212223Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: Locked
Jun 19 2010 03:49pm
Quote (Many_Names @ Jun 20 2010 12:36am)
This is very nice that my build is still valid after 2 years :D

Kira's doesn't work for ut. Nothing but guillaume's does.

3pc amulet is a waste. Mara's aint that great either. Any 2pala/stats/res amulet > mara, and I'm not talking about any expensive/duped ones.

Eni isn't the greatest of options. Duress is the best option in my eyes, followed by Lionheart , Fortitude can work too. Enigma is "viable" but there are much cheaper and better options overall.

Your main weapon choice is horrible, and ofc you've made that mistake like 99% of all d2 players / jspers who think CB is everything in UT, and completely neglect raw damage once CB has lost its effect.
Seriously, the crappiest grief does 10 times a better job.

Only HoZ is viable here, and the poorest man's choice can be a 4-pdiam elite shield. If you can get sanctuary, you can get hoz, so go for hoz.
Rings: only 1 raven is needed for the cbf.
Didn't get this:
Simply becouse of absorb and 20 dex absorb is necessery against mephisto's storms.

What are you on about? The dex is nice to wear grief pb without investing so much into dexterity, but that's about it. Save that last ring slot for a dwarf or a wisp.

Rare or crafted belt? Really? How about a simple strings that kicks the hell out of everything that you've written? If not then arach for skill and slow%, or even dungo which I don't really appreciate but I'd take that over any craft. %OW on a belt? Against the ubers? Really unnecessary.

Gloves should be always dracs, to keep the LT flowing, after you've casted it initially from your wand switch.

Lol'd at your boots. Goblin toes > Gores. Period.

Switch should always be LT wand, you can pre-bo if you want, but totally unnecessary if you should have the common sense to pre-LT with a wand.

You can always have an extra friend in your ut picking up the torch, but I guess that %CTC might cause a game drop, so that's the only thing I might agree on.

20 to meditation is quite useless, just use pots and as far as HP goes you'll never lose it under LT.

All in all, I didn't add anything new that (smart) people weren't aware of 2 years ago, and my suggestions are far superior and far less costly.

No offense, this build fails. Hard.

This post was edited by Synonym on Jun 19 2010 03:49pm
Gold: 6,870.00
Aug 11 2010 06:20am
Sounds like a nice build. ive had a smiter with the stuff everyone uses like Grief Exile ect but you got me curious about this build :D

Also ive seen people posting that they have tryed your build and all got good comments about it. So for the people who complain all the time. try this build for yourself.

Im gonna try this build too and if needed replace items.

eitherway you gonna need lastwish or exile for the LT ( or a wand )

as for armor you could replace Eni for Duress you get OW that you have on crafted belt so you can replace it for strings et. Dunno if the stats is the important thing on the belt? Ill try eni first though

Quote (Synonym @ 19 Jun 2010 23:49)
Kira's doesn't work for ut. Nothing but guillaume's does.

3pc amulet is a waste. Mara's aint that great either. Any 2pala/stats/res amulet > mara, and I'm not talking about any expensive/duped ones.
2 pal stats res amus are always expensive. so a mara is a cheap option.

Eni isn't the greatest of options. Duress is the best option in my eyes, followed by Lionheart , Fortitude can work too. Enigma is "viable" but there are much cheaper and better options overall.
i find duress also nice but gonna try the eni first.

Your main weapon choice is horrible, and ofc you've made that mistake like 99% of all d2 players / jspers who think CB is everything in UT, and completely neglect raw damage once CB has lost its effect.
Seriously, the crappiest grief does 10 times a better job.
Always used Grief. Last Wish seems nice for this setup

Only HoZ is viable here, and the poorest man's choice can be a 4-pdiam elite shield. If you can get sanctuary, you can get hoz, so go for hoz.
My choiche would be HoZ too. as for now im gonna stick with Sanctuary
Rings: only 1 raven is needed for the cbf.

Didn't get this:

What are you on about? The dex is nice to wear grief pb without investing so much into dexterity, but that's about it. Save that last ring slot for a dwarf or a wisp.
Guess its ment to be for holding Pb i would switch 1 out too.

Rare or crafted belt? Really? How about a simple strings that kicks the hell out of everything that you've written? If not then arach for skill and slow%, or even dungo which I don't really appreciate but I'd take that over any craft. %OW on a belt? Against the ubers? Really unnecessary.
i find that strange too. Ow you can get from Duress if you need it that bad and there are much better belts. Perhaps for  the stats ?

Gloves should be always dracs, to keep the LT flowing, after you've casted it initially from your wand switch.
If you use LastWish you need 20 ias gloves if you go for Grief you can use those draculs again.

Lol'd at your boots. Goblin toes > Gores. Period.
He also used Gores so dunno where you saw Goblin toes. and goblins arent that bad. Its also an option to switch those out to your likes

Switch should always be LT wand, you can pre-bo if you want, but totally unnecessary if you should have the common sense to pre-LT with a wand.
I find wands useless since you can get lifetap from Last Wish Exile and Draculs. But if you go for Last Wish you need 20 ias gloves. then again there isnt really a switch necessary thats why people use Cta
You can always have an extra friend in your ut picking up the torch, but I guess that %CTC might cause a game drop, so that's the only thing I might agree on.

20 to meditation is quite useless, just use pots and as far as HP goes you'll never lose it under LT.
Its that what fits great for yourself he uses meditation he also wrote that its up to you where you spend those points.
All in all, I didn't add anything new that (smart) people weren't aware of 2 years ago, and my suggestions are far superior and far less costly.

No offense, this build fails. Hard.

No Complains try before you judge.

Watched your video you did it pretty fast indeed :D wanna see Video's of faster encounters ( someone claimed to do it in 10 secs straight )

Now im gonna collect the items needed for this exact build and gonna try it out for myself :D

it really looks like a nice and fun build. Good job Thanks in advance :thumbsup:
Gold: 0.00
Aug 11 2010 08:28am
Pretty solid gear juste for the helm you should just keep guillaume visage not kira
Gold: 2,512.00
Aug 22 2010 10:58am
good guide, but you should take exile for better life tap.
I use top1 ladder exile atm.
You should put some points to elemental resists auras (passive stacking max resists)

This post was edited by zodiac723 on Aug 22 2010 10:59am
Gold: 3,573.53
Sep 14 2010 12:04am
y not get a insight merc for med?
Gold: 33.37
Sep 14 2010 01:53am
Quote (Philosity @ 14 Sep 2010 08:04)
y not get a insight merc for med?

Cause he'll die in ~5 seconds.

And Eywa's guide should be the standard for any ut smiter anyway.
Gold: 4.97
Sep 14 2010 06:08am
Quote (MateDeVita @ Sep 14 2010 09:53am)

And Eywa's guide should be the standard for any ut smiter anyway.

where can i find this guide? =)

Gold: 822.00
Sep 14 2010 07:22am
Quote (azure89 @ 14 Sep 2010 14:08)
where can i find this guide? =)

In the PvM section of my notes.
Gold: 0.00
Sep 14 2010 09:18am
9/10 for guide.

Regards
Dixa
Gold: Locked
Sep 14 2010 09:24am
Quote (LaZoRr @ Aug 11 2010 03:20pm)
Sounds like a nice build. ive had a smiter with the stuff everyone uses like Grief Exile ect but you got me curious about this build :D

Also ive seen people posting that they have tryed your build and all got good comments about it. So for the people who complain all the time. try this build for yourself.

Im gonna try this build too and if needed replace items.

eitherway you gonna need lastwish or exile for the LT ( or a wand )

as for armor you could replace Eni for Duress you get OW that you have on crafted belt so you can replace it for  strings et. Dunno if the stats is the important thing on the belt? Ill try eni first though

No Complains try before you judge.

Watched your video you did it pretty fast indeed :D wanna see Video's of faster encounters ( someone claimed to do it in 10 secs straight )

Now im gonna collect the items needed for this exact build and gonna try it out for myself :D

it really looks like a nice and fun build. Good job Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

hl is cheaper and much better to use the ias for salvation setup vs mephi, either that or a pala amu which isn't expensive at all.
duress is proven to be the best armor, offering extra CB and OW to a grief setup.
lw isn't "nice" for any smiter setup.
ow actually saves you a few seconds from countering regeneration from mobs, so it can be translated to "damage" since it saves you from dealing with it. crafted belt is just a joke. dr/mdr on a belt >
did you even read? I specifically said goblin > gores which he uses, you just repeated my point and thought i said gores>goblin.
if you value useless ctc lifetap which is reached through lt wand (which is used only primarily at the beginning of the smiting sequence) and damageloss items such as last wish and exile, you shouldn't be giving advice about ut smiters. using cta only proves you know nothing of ut builds.
meditation points are useless since you don't use it anywhere in the time it takes you to finish the entire ut (less than a minute).
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
Prev120212223Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll