d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > The Szacko Eg Whirler > Repost
Prev119202122Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 10.00
Sep 3 2010 11:16pm
First off, I wanna say that I like your guide a lot. It's definitely the best guide I've read on d2jsp bc of the clear format and informative discussion about equipment, skills, stats, and gameplay > all the other guides I've seen. I also want to build a barb very similar to yours. I'll be untwinked playing single-player, so obviously things like grief might be a little out of my reach for a while (I know there's a mod so that you can use ladder runewords on sp though). Initially I wanted to make a spear-barb, and I think I might still do that until I can get better stuff. I have a couple questions.

Do you see this char. as one of your main mf'ing characters? I know you just get gold and don't actively look for items while finding gold, but with the gambling do you think this char is sufficient to be your main 'item-getting' character?

Also, I do think the character would be useful for MF as well. I think during the thread you stated that you didn't want to stack mf too much because you don't want to ruin the gold-output (correct me if I'm wrong). Well, I think you can stack MF without affecting how much gold you get, because for example, MF only affects the probabilities for the quality of item that is chosen to drop, not whether items or gold or runes or charms are dropped.
Will MF work on Runes? No. MF works only when item type is already selected. So with more MF you will NOT get more weapons and armors and less runes.
http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=392254 chp. 24 is about MF.

How much does venom help with your damage output? I'm assuming that that with the -poison resists is the main dmg output for grief (along with ds).

You think you could start this character mostly untwinked and be successful by gambling your way up to getting better gear? Should I continue putting points into Item Find until I get it to an adequate lvl, along with ww, or do ww first and then item find?

Thanks a lot.
Gold: 10.00
Sep 4 2010 12:02am
^^ above I meant to put BO.

I'm thinking once I get to 12, I have 4 points saved after putting 1 into Find Item. I'm going to put 1 into Find Item up to 24, allocating the other points to 1 Increased Speed, 1 Iron Skin, 1 Concentrate, 1 leap attack (once I get to the lvl I can put pts in those skills). Once I get to lvl 24, put points into BO, until 30 and then max WW till late 40's. Then go back and Max BO, then mastery, whatever weapon I decide to use, probably spears, then nat. resistance.
Gold: 510.00
Sep 9 2010 01:59am
works fine, created this Barb month ago. 10/10
Gold: 747.00
Sep 9 2010 02:38am
will prolly try this cause i always use up tons of gold lloll
Gold: 617.15
Sep 23 2010 04:27pm
hm
Gold: Locked
Sep 23 2010 04:37pm
Quote (MrPimpVsB @ Sep 4 2010 08:16am)
First off, I wanna say that I like your guide a lot. It's definitely the best guide I've read on d2jsp bc of the clear format and informative discussion about equipment, skills, stats, and gameplay > all the other guides I've seen. I also want to build a barb very similar to yours. I'll be untwinked playing single-player, so obviously things like grief might be a little out of my reach for a while (I know there's a mod so that you can use ladder runewords on sp though). Initially I wanted to make a spear-barb, and I think I might still do that until I can get better stuff. I have a couple questions.

Do you see this char. as one of your main mf'ing characters? I know you just get gold and don't actively look for items while finding gold, but with the gambling do you think this char is sufficient to be your main 'item-getting' character?

Also, I do think the character would be useful for MF as well. I think during the thread you stated that you didn't want to stack mf too much because you don't want to ruin the gold-output (correct me if I'm wrong). Well, I think you can stack MF without affecting how much gold you get, because for example, MF only affects the probabilities for the quality of item that is chosen to drop, not whether items or gold or runes or charms are dropped.  http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=392254 chp. 24 is about MF.

How much does venom help with your damage output? I'm assuming that that with the -poison resists is the main dmg output for grief (along with ds).

You think you could start this character mostly untwinked and be successful by gambling your way up to getting better gear? Should I continue putting points into Item Find until I get it to an adequate lvl, along with ww, or do ww first and then item find?

Thanks a lot.

you can gamble, and imo gambling > mfing
more gold over time = more gambling > more mf

if you get really good rares, sure, they could work in p1-4 games. griefs however are crucial for full games.

you could play untwinked, will be hard though but a challenge.

venom doesn't help a lot, it's the damage from [+dam] that makes grief shine. and venom doesn't work with ds, only phy dmg does. however what it does do is stop the regeneration of mobs.
Gold: 3.00
Sep 23 2010 04:52pm
Quote (Synonym @ 1 Jan 2010 19:23)
darkkobra changed it to ty.

ty
what is this supposed to mean
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 80%
Sep 23 2010 05:01pm
Quote (Synagogue @ Jan 1 2010 01:07pm)
Synonym's Extra Gold Whirl Wind Barbarian

Rofl, Jew playing Gold Find baba, epic

tl;dr though, judging by your sub-infantile reasoning skills and non-existent thought process i have to say this is an absolutely terrible guide. nty.

This post was edited by Scar on Sep 23 2010 05:06pm
Gold: Locked
Sep 25 2010 02:44pm
Up
Gold: 0.00
Sep 29 2010 03:56pm
Bump
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
Prev119202122Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll