d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > Xepo's Ww-sin Faq
Prev1192021222329Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.01
Warn: 100%
Aug 1 2006 02:48pm
Quote (ArchRazieL @ Tue, Aug 1 2006, 08:32pm)
You don't depend on being hit but you are going to get hit when vsing a bvc, ww barb, smiter, etc.  It's gauranteed.  What's the hardest duel for most ww sins???

Whirlwind Barbs!!
No fucking shit, sherlock. You are crying about the difficulty of using pots, so you use Damage to Mana. Wich means, relying on being hit.

Why???  They have extremely high defense, resists, life, and max DR.  They also can dish out much more damage than you much faster and have 75% chance to block as opposed to your 60%.
Righto..

You can only pot in between whirlwinds not during them.  Needless to say it's going to be a longer harder duel.  It'd sure suck to run out of pots.  Dmg to mana is a good answer.
1) Going toe to toe with a ww-barb is never smart.
2) How long are your whirls? I can see that potting is a problem when you make 2-screen whirls.

65% FCR?  Heh... that doesn't help you vs whirlwind, smite, charge now does it?  So fuck the FCR you're gonna wanna be in constant whirlwind so that you can stay on them.  Having damage to mana allows you to constantly whirlwind vs another whirlwind build or a smiter.  You never have to hit a single pot.
Ok, this kind of killed the "discussion". You have obviously no fucking idea of what your are talking about.

I'm not talking about using angelics vs casters specifically I'm talking about the use of damage to mana to aid you vs the build's rivals.
And your reasoning is flawed. Big time.

On that note you can even use Aldur's Advance or Nightsmoke to get the damage to mana mod.  I like the angelics because of the AR they give to help me hit that damn barb or pally.  But if you wanna keep your current jewelry setup then you can and equip one of the other options I listed above.
Yes, even vs melee Aldurs > Gores/Shadow dancers. And nightsmoke > 65% fcr. Are you serious?

Shit... you can even use Dun Jewels if you want.  There are plenty of options to mix a little damage to mana into a setup.
Without sacrificing way more important and useful gear, there arent any.

Have you ever actually played a ghost?
Banned
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 10%
Aug 1 2006 03:01pm
I've played a Ghost 4 different times as I rebuilt 4 different ways each time.

It seems to me all you can do is say "not true" "thats false" "you know nothing" etc etc. Zzzz, for someone who claims to know what they're talking about you sure seem to lack opinion other than "no".

Boring.. peace. I'm done.
Gold: 0.50
Warn: 70%
Aug 1 2006 03:07pm
Quote (ArchRazieL @ Tue, Aug 1 2006, 09:01pm)

It seems to me all you can do is say "not true" "thats false" "you know nothing" etc etc. Zzzz, for someone who claims to know what they're talking about you sure seem to lack opinion other than "no".

Little respect when you talk to "the" ghost player..

And you comments about "using angelics that when you get hit you get mana" are fucking retarded..

As sayd earlier, you rely being crap?
Gold: Locked
Warn: 90%
Aug 1 2006 03:11pm

or you could just choose to not be a random ghetto-sin and use tiny nice charms with 20 life and 17 mana. cry cuz poor? if you need damage-to-mana you seriously should learn how to handle your ghost. period.
Aug 1 2006 03:17pm

It seems to me all you can do is say "not true"  "thats false"  "you know nothing"  etc etc.  Zzzz, for someone who claims to know what they're talking about you sure seem to lack opinion other than "no".

Boring.. peace.  I'm done.
Why should I elaborate? 99% of it is considered common sense/basic knowledge.. especially when you've "played 4 different ghosts". Wich you obviously haven't.

Silence now, peasant.

Banned
Aug 1 2006 03:24pm
Zzz I most certainly have. One of them was my build using the angelics which I was merely putting forward as an option. Just because i say it's effective doesn't mean I'm saying it's the best option. That there sir is common sense. BTw sorry bout your little dick syndrome kid. sad.gif

There is more than one way to build a sin. I would think a sin master would see this but apparently not. What do you think I built the same sin 4 times??? LMAO Bye.
Gold: 117.50
Aug 1 2006 03:31pm
This is an awsome FAQ. ive also decided now.. ww'sin is my next character. THANKS ALOT
Aug 1 2006 03:32pm
Quote (ArchRazieL @ Tue, Aug 1 2006, 09:24pm)
Just because i say it's effective doesn't mean I'm saying it's the best option.
Why settle with something inferior?

BTw sorry bout your little dick syndrome kid.  sad.gif
If you had this "commons sense" whe both spoke of, you whould have known that this is a pathetic "flame" and doesnt work in your favor. Using "pwned!" doesnt make you look smart either.

There is more than one way to build a sin.  I would think a sin master would see this but apparently not.  What do you think I built the same sin 4 times??? LMAO  Bye.
I know, I also know that most of those builds are utter crap. I think you've build the same sin 4 times because you are too fucking stupid to distribute stat points / skill points properly or because you realised your build is being dominated.

Quote (zeblon @ Tue, Aug 1 2006, 09:31pm)
This is an awsome FAQ. ive also decided now.. ww'sin is my next character. THANKS ALOT
Nice to hear =)

This post was edited by Incompetence on Aug 1 2006 03:34pm
Aug 1 2006 03:56pm
1 thing to say : AWESOME.
Banned
Aug 1 2006 04:10pm
Awww... did my flame hurt your feelings kid? Poor little noob. The only thing pathetic here is that you can't have an intelligent respectfull discussion about the uses of a magical mod with a specific build. I'm sorry that you can't build more than just cookie cutter builds that others tell you how to build but that doesn't mean other variations don't work.

FYI each of my 4 ww'sins were totally different builds. My favorite of the 4 infact was a hybrid of my Bomber (my own build and I'm the only one of it's kind -- you wouldn't understand its over your pub noob head sorry) and a basic ww'sin.

She worked wonders and could kill almost anything in 1-2 ww's ez. She was totally different from the way the normal cookie cutter is setup.

Then I tried a light trap - ww'sin hybrid which was decent but the light traps seemed to just be to random with their damage and I didn't get consistent enough damage with them.. I think I could've done this one a bit better but I abandoned it for the time being at least. Will probably revisit it later on.

Then I tried a bramble sin. She worked out awesome but her mobility (as can be assumed) wasn't comfortable or reliable enough for me. Her damage was GFG and some of my matches I killed with just my Dragon Flight and Shadow Master.

Then I tried a Ghost which I rebuilt twice but i dont count it as another time building because when I said 4 I was talkinga bout different builds. I did my Ghost mostly with just different claw combinations. Chaos/Malice, Chaos/Fury, Chaos/Fools, Chaos/Jade, and Chaos/Chaos. Out of those I think I liked Chaos/Malice and Chaos/Chaos the best. The first time I built with just max mb. The second time I maxed CoS and got 1 pt into Blade Shield. The CoS made quite a difference when I went against barbs which was cool. The Blade Shield was a wonderfull addition. I don't know how many other ww'sins use this or if it's part of your normal cookie cutter Ghost spread but I think it should be. It gets a lot of extra hits in and adopts the magic damage from chaos and the poison damage from venom. It hits every .5 seconds like a druid's Hurricane and helps get extra hits in between each 4 frame interval.

Needless to say it seems you simply go with what the public says and don't research or experiment on your own so don't be upset when someone that does try new things decides to post a viable option.

And your HAHA graphic doesn't make you look any smarter either hypocrit.
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
Prev1192021222329Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll