d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > Drmullet's V1.13 V.t Guide > Paladin Guide
Prev1234510Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 124.50
Jan 16 2013 06:17am
Quote (vargad @ Jan 16 2013 04:02am)
why so low life?

10 thousand life is low?
Gold: 106.40
Warn: 30%
Jan 16 2013 06:17am
Quote (Nunchakulee321 @ Jan 16 2013 09:05am)
Sorry I had to just fucking laugh at this shit hard. Check this out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNqvqxc-hgk
"a good druid, so i am horribly disadvantaged". Wow. This is hands down the dumbest thing I have read. . . ever. This druid was absolute SHIT. He didn't even bother to nado upwards knowing you had the the smitelock. This is your definition of good pkers? rofled hard. Instead of north chargeing/smiteing or fohlocking him, you chose to charge him for miles or just straight up running into more nados. Almost purposefully it looked. Garbage. . . just garbage. I beat wind druid 8/10 times or better, vs a better one too. LOL. Gave you wayyyyy too much credit to begin with thinking you are at all a formidable opponent.

wtf is this video hahahaha
horrible lol
Gold: 3.00
Jan 16 2013 06:19am
Quote (Nunchakulee321 @ Jan 16 2013 12:17pm)
10 thousand life is low?

i mean it should be 4.5k++
Jan 16 2013 06:22am
Quote (vargad @ Jan 16 2013 04:19am)
i mean it should be 4.5k++

Indeed it should. I must appologize for this. When I say 4k+ that is pretty minimal. You will see that I post the 35+ lifer pcombs probably implying that my build isn't maxed out to the fullest. Realisticly it should be around 4.5k or so.
Gold: 0.00
Jan 16 2013 06:34am
Quote (Nunchakulee321 @ Jan 16 2013 12:53am)
You deleted cuz you're bade. I've killed you more than a few times lol funny how all the sudden you don't remember. You're just pizzd didn't even read but 1 minute of it then call it unneeded and shit. Senior Martsmello I'm done with you.

/e  Just looked at his youtube account from that link (TheRelinquished2) and it has a vid of him modding with an HDong and showing us how to install. Lol exposes himself like that. JesusChrist was right. AKB.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEw7-3vi-HY

jesuschrist is an rookie

plus im sure hacks woulda been obvious if i was autosmiting. how can i autosmite if its ping based and i am dropping? lol

Quote (Pattaya @ Jan 16 2013 06:17am)
wtf is this video hahahaha
horrible lol

yeah it was not my best day

/ but yes that was a good druid not only in my perspective

This post was edited by relinquished2 on Jan 16 2013 06:37am
Gold: 106.40
Warn: 30%
Jan 16 2013 07:40am
Quote (relinquished2 @ Jan 16 2013 01:34pm)
jesuschrist is an rookie

plus im sure hacks woulda been obvious if i was autosmiting. how can i autosmite if its ping based and i am dropping? lol

yeah it was not my best day

/ but yes that was a good druid not only in my perspective

he look ok even though using bear vs non tap smiter is kinda shit lol
Gold: 212.00
Jan 16 2013 08:51pm
It's a nicely written guide as far as gear and overall explaination/layout but your dueling strategies and difficulty ratings are way off
If you were to join the world ladder or start doing private duels against better duelists, you would see that the difficultys of classes vs a v/t or t/v are a lot different than what you have listed

Barely anything you have listed even breeches 3.5 to 4.0 difficulty and some of these that are listed as 3.5 to 4.0 should be the things that are easy for this build
* BvB is listed as 4.0? You're a smiter with holy shield, how is a BvB difficult when you block 75% and he cannot block your smiting?
* ES FBer is listed as 4.5? You need to be using open wounds vs EShield, not smacking it with raw physical ~ Try keeping swordback hold shield in your stash for an easy 50% melee OW on charge or use Widowmaker for OW/GA glitch, you'll chew up ES Sorcs
* Bowazon is listed as 1.0? This leads me to believe you've never dueled Bowazons outside of pub games, no offense

ect.. ect..

I suggest dueling some of the more reputable duelists on b-net and rewriting this pvp section after you've been in a pvp environment where people really push the limits of these build archetypes
Your strategy section suggest that a v/t t/v is a dominant build when in reality it seriously struggles in world ladders/wagers/team duels

~ Not busting your balls, just being honest with critique

This post was edited by TSBoyer on Jan 16 2013 08:52pm
Jan 16 2013 09:26pm
Quote (TSBoyer @ Jan 16 2013 06:51pm)
It's a nicely written guide as far as gear and overall explaination/layout but your dueling strategies and difficulty ratings are way off
If you were to join the world ladder or start doing private duels against better duelists, you would see that the difficultys of classes vs a v/t or t/v are a lot different than what you have listed

Barely anything you have listed even breeches 3.5 to 4.0 difficulty and some of these that are listed as 3.5 to 4.0 should be the things that are easy for this build
* BvB is listed as 4.0? You're a smiter with holy shield, how is a BvB difficult when you block 75% and he cannot block your smiting?
* ES FBer is listed as 4.5? You need to be using open wounds vs EShield, not smacking it with raw physical ~ Try keeping  swordback hold shield in your stash for an easy 50% melee OW on charge or use Widowmaker for OW/GA glitch, you'll chew up ES Sorcs
* Bowazon is listed as 1.0? This leads me to believe you've never dueled Bowazons outside of pub games, no offense

ect.. ect..

I suggest dueling some of the more reputable duelists on b-net and rewriting this pvp section after you've been in a pvp environment where people really push the limits of these build archetypes
Your strategy section suggest that a v/t t/v is a dominant build when in reality it seriously struggles in world ladders/wagers/team duels

~ Not busting your balls, just being honest with critique

Appreciate the constructive criticism. BvB did you even read all of it? I said a good one will have phoenix, max DR, more damage and more life those greatly improve his viability. He hits as hard as or harder + more life and hits more often making it more difficult.
Also a lot of them are filled with nothing but ar scs. This 75% block with 20k defense is no match at all for 35k+ AR. Perhaps a little high in the difficulty but not much. And for ES sorceresses I like your idea of OW since it does pass ES. But even then you will have to hit them just as many times in succession as you would with smite, no? OW is countered by Life replenish quite substantialy and when you hit more than once it just resets the duration of the OW not add to it. ES/DR/Dmr/Life rep is rape. Again perhaps a bit overdone on the rating.
For blowazons, I have no idea how you are not be able to beat one of these easily. I've dueled many of them even in prive games (not like it matters where the person is) and with loaders. Given my strategy they are quite simple. A better one might reach up to 2/5 difficulty. Also v/t (t/v), these suck in team duels at no point and time did I say or will say that it is team dueler. In fact its stictly 1v1 or perhaps even 1v2 (given skillset).
And as for the dueling good people. You don't know who I have dueled. I've actually been in tournies before and seen the better players. Again, thanks for the reply, first decent one so far.

/e WOHOHHHH MAN IT IS COLD OUTSIDE. Deng Must be like 20 degrees up her in da norf.

This post was edited by Nunchakulee321 on Jan 16 2013 09:45pm
Jan 17 2013 08:21pm
Quote (Burito @ Jan 15 2013 11:17pm)
nothing new

What did you expect, a whole page on tokens? Lol. I placed v1.13 in the title because it was a recommendation from JayPee to be in the guide list sticky, and to show people it's a superior and fresh guide. Anyway here's a minor update:

Small Guide Update:

Dueling section:
Tele-smiters: With these they are going to try and chainlock you. Synch after their teleport so they can't regain the namelock come back in foh and repeat. Provided the hotkeys this is fairly easy w/ some practice. If you know they are just regaining the lock with teleport namelock them just before w/ synch and your smiting namelock will hit them way before they will be able to click after the chainlock.
Hybrid jav/bowa: 2.5-3.5/5 difficulty instead of 2/5
Ghost sins: 2.5/5 difficulty instead of 1.5/5

FAQS and info:
Bypassing someones WSG: For this just click smite as fast as you can. That way you won't have a lock thus they cannot possibly remove it if it does not exist.

Gear:
CTA: Forgot this almost altogether besides in field casting info.
With this you want either a 3 FoH // 3 conviction // 0-3 Holy Shock 6 bo and 5 Battle command* CTA
OR a 6 bo 5 Battle Command 3 Holy shield // 3 Meditation CTA, if you choose to swap between foh stick w/ field cast.

*I pick 5 Battle Command because when this wears out it will temporarily turn off whatever aura you have on and will make the sound as well. This will warn you that your bo is about to wear out.
Gold: 0.00
Jan 18 2013 04:37am
#1 V/t guide
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
Prev1234510Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll